Nick Diaz won't be able to stop one single takedown from GSP.

He will lose a 50-45, get a scratch or two and make 500 thousand or something, not bad.
And we will pay to see it lol

GSP can beat Nick everywhere, he can take him down and gnp, he can throw leg kicks he can get in and out with strikes(a la condit) and there is no way he ends up on his back. Nick may even hit him a bit but Nick isn't a big hitter like Condit, he isn't hitting GSP with one big bomb and koing him, he gets KOs by hitting his opponents multiple times when they are gassed which is unlikely with GSP considering his speed, cardio and defence.

It's kind of a given that he won't be able to. Hell not that many people in the WW division can. Its if he can establish any form of control from the bottom is what i really wanna know. GSP by UD or possibly stoppage due to a cut, diaz bleeds like a madman and GSP is notorious for the elbows.

Nobody at welterweight can consistently stop Georges takedowns, the man to beat him who be someone who can knock him out on his feet and submit him from back - that man is not Nick though.

I say no way does GSP want to keep this fight standing. Those in and out jabs won't work for him in this one.

GSP is gonna finish him. Nick's skin is made out of baby ass and he bleeds and gets swollen up after two punches. GSP via TKO(doctor's stoppage)

it would be funny if nick got an immediate rematch in such a case. he'd be making a lot of money off that scar tissue of his.

Probably not. GSP will dry hump Nick's leg to a hard-fought decision with Nick winning the actual fight but losing the BS decision.

I don't think Nick Diaz is too concerned with stuffing take downs. Chances are he's pretty confident off his back anyway.

I hope he doesn't think that because that's a recipe for getting completely dominated. Even BJJ aces like Maia and Jacare know TDD is key and being on bottom in mma is not a good idea no matter how good you are off your back

I'm talking about the people who pick GSP by KO or sub rd 1 every single fight even though he hasn't finished anyone by TKO or sub since UFC 83, other than BJ quitting on his stool.

His performances have almost all been amazing but he does not take the risks necessary to finish and many of his fanatics just seem to be in denial about that.

So you're talking about what? 1 or 2 GSP fan who happens to be delusionnal? They clearly represent all of GSP fanbase right? Get outta here.

I hope he doesn't think that because that's a recipe for getting completely dominated. Even BJJ aces like Maia and Jacare know TDD is key and being on bottom in mma is not a good idea no matter how good you are off your back
I hate when Maia falls to his back over and over in fights. It's looks ridiculous.

Sounds reasonable. GSP has a very high TD success %, and Nick's TD defense isn't the greatest. Add in the fact that he also doesn't seem to give a shit if he is taken down due to his BJJ, and it is safe to safe we will see Nick spending the majority of the fight on his back.

That being said, I don't see GSP finishing Diaz. Diaz has a ridiculously good guard, and should be able to mimimize the damage. GSP by UD.

i wouldn't be surprised if gsp finished diaz. i think diaz will go balls out and get caught. in fact, i wouldn't be surprised to see diaz tap.

I think Diaz will be looking to hit sweeps/switches and subs off the takedown moreso than defending it. I see him ending up in top position a few times in this fight. Nick is a VERY dangerous grappler. He's not gonna lie on his back looking for a triangle or armbar.

That said, GSP by UD.

TS is correct, I foresee this being one of GSP's easier defences. Plus he might be motivated like GSP/Penn2 because of the trash talk that most likely will ensue, I see the fight going the same way but probably without the stoppage.

Back