Nick Diaz won't be able to stop one single takedown from GSP.

I think GSP via a 5 round decision. 50-44. But a doctor stoppage is somewhat likely, Diaz swells and cuts rather easily.

yeah GSP is gonna dominate Nick with wrestling, i can't see any way that Diaz wins this fight. he won't sub GSP and he won't knock him out.

GSP's camp is probably practicing top game more than anything else. He'll bring in guys with awesome subs from the bottom to practice with, and will be in little or no danger in the actual fight.

I don't think Nick cares considering he would probably feel more comfortable on his back. I'm a big Nick Diaz fan, but this is a terrible fight for him.

The problem with the Diaz brothers, is that they're not physically strong fighters, and get bullied around by fighters who have good physical strength on top of good wrestling/grappling ability that can essentially take them down at will and keep them down. If they were to add some bulk to their frames, I think they'd fair much better against grapplers.

GSP's camp is probably practicing top game more than anything else. He'll bring in guys with awesome subs from the bottom to practice with, and will be in little or no danger in the actual fight.

He's already training with Braulio Estima, the man from whom Nick Diaz hid and ran when they were supposed to grapple for charity.

I think he'll stop one or two.

He's already training with Braulio Estima, the man from whom Nick Diaz hid and ran when they were supposed to grapple for charity.

I'm sure Cesar Gracie will have some unpleasant things to say about him then, after all that last year.

The only reason not to bet the house on a 50-45 props bet is that Diaz cuts too easily and may lead to early Dr stoppage.

i think TS should get a job at espn.com/mma geez. i mean man the genius this guy is incredible.

50-45 is the most likely outcome, no one disputes this.

If we get the judges from UFC on Fox 5 (Have we decided on how we're going to shorten these events? UFC-F5? Fox 5?) I wouldn't be surprised to see a 50-40 on some score cards.

No one can stop GSP's takedowns... especially when he's 100% ready!

If GSP takes Nick down he is going to be in a rude awakening

I wouldn't say that really. Nick IMO is still the better of the two.

Two years ago I would agree, but not now. Nate has improved a lot while Nick has lost a fight due to submission to a press conference, let Penn look good for one round, lost another fight because he couldn't adapt to a fighter's game plan, was then suspended for cheating for a year and then lost a grappling match due to submission to weigh-ins. The past year Nate has at been fighting, winning and trying to improve his mental game in the ring and this is something that Nick really needs to focus on if he's going to stay in the top ten.

Two years ago I would agree, but not now. Nate has improved a lot while Nick has lost a fight due to submission to a press conference, let Penn look good for one round, lost another fight because he couldn't adapt to a fighter's game plan, was then suspended for cheating for a year and then lost a grappling match due to submission to weigh-ins. The past year Nate has at been fighting, winning and trying to improve his mental game in the ring and this is something that Nick really needs to focus on if he's going to stay in the top ten.

Nate openly stated that Nick tends to get the better of him in sparring and stuff so I'd say no.

It doesn't matter really at all they both are elite fighters

Diaz is just there to take an asswhoopin and go home driving a brand new 2013 Civic Coupe.

nick diaz off his back is pretty good. Plus with jake shields giving him tips on what GSP did I am sure diaz is ready.

Though i see GSP winning this fight.

And GSP' top game and sub defence are too good for Diaz to sub him off his back.

GSP standup is better once you take into account the takedown threat, Diaz has very little chance to win this.

GSP by domination.

Who agrees?

i agree. gonna be boring 5 roud deciison fight

Back