Media Nick Diaz won the 1st round on scorecards, and landed more strikes than Robbie Lawler...

How clueless can you be??

He was absolutely not winning that fight, stop it.

“significant strikes” lmao, Nick landed 20 of those at best.

Should have made the fight a 3 rounder instead.
You have a penchant for retarded posts. It's unbelievable.
You think a fight that lasted 3 rounds should have been scheduled for 3 rounds? WTF?
But Lawler has been living a cleaner life and stayed physically active/competing so he is actually in better physical shape even though he's older.
Stupid on two levels. One Nick Diaz has been doing ironman shit for years.
Two, you're telling me that an older guy who works out could be in better shape than a younger guy who doesn't?
No shit, Sherlock!
Hey, I've got a piece of knowledge that will blow your mind: If you water your lawn, the grass will be greener than if you don't.

Yeah grandpa bod Diaz landing dem devastating sig strikes had Lawler grimacing in pain. Even the Justbleed gang struggled to watch dat one. Brutal

The narrative no one seems to be talking about is how bad Robbie also looked. Nick was hitting him with pitter pat shots in slow motion at will.
yup diaz landed at will
rl looked like an amateur
he had luck diaz was slow af and out of shape

Reminder that "significant strikes" just means any kind of punch while standing.

It has nothing to do with impact, effect...or "significance".

Js.
He was winning the fight, he just gassed. Maybe he learns his lesson on conditioning at this level and takes another big fight.

Where you smoking glue and bath salts before you watched this fight?

Diaz was throwing pitter patter shots like he always does but Lawler was landing thunder with almost every shot.

He broke a washed up Diaz.

I think the year off and the sporadic fighting have finally caught up to him.

It was 1-1 going into the 3rd. I thought Nick clearly won rd 1, and 2/3 judges agree.
View attachment 881836
Nick outlanded Robbie, and landed the better, harder combos in rd 1.
what fight were those 2 judges watching? diaz was getting his ass kick the entire time.

what fight were those 2 judges watching? diaz was getting his ass kick the entire time.
Those judges were watching the fight that actually happened. Nick clearly took over in the latter half of rd 1, and won the round. Sherdog only remembers that Nick looked older and slower than before, and they remember the finish of the fight, and act like Nick looked like total shit and was getting handled the whole time—and it’s the exact opposite. Nick did a great job fighting defensively, covering up and parrying strikes, mixing up shots to the body and head, and disrupting Robbie’s rhythm with volume.

That is what happened in rd 1.

Should have made the fight a 3 rounder instead. He underestimated Lawler's physical ability. But Lawler has been living a cleaner life and stayed physically active/competing so he is actually in better physical shape even though he's older.
Yeah, the "cleaner life" ... totally.

I was cheering for Robbie and thought Nick had him in trouble a few times and was really pounding him.

I don’t think he looked as bad as everyone else is saying and think all things considering IF he wants to continue that’s a pretty decent fight to build off of after the layoff. He kept the same pace of his old self but he doesn’t have that cardio, It’s really up to him how far he wants to go

The narrative no one seems to be talking about is how bad Robbie also looked. Nick was hitting him with pitter pat shots in slow motion at will.

I enjoyed the fight but it reminded me of Couture/Big Nog which was also a fun fight. It was fun though because they were both long past their prime and fighting on the same level. Put Robbie in there with anyone else and he's going to get destroyed. He just had slightly more in the gas than Nick did at this stage but it wasn't pretty.

I said the same thing
Robbie lost the 1st round to a slow motion Diaz who was winging some of the slowest combos I've ever seen.

Quality beats quantity. Not all strikes are the same. Stats about Significant Strikes are useless

You gotta be as stoned as Nick was when he fought Gomi to think he was winning.

I gave Lawler the first round by a bit, and easily the 2nd. Then he exploded Nick's nose. Game over. The better man won last night

Reactions: mon
Nicks output given the circumstances waa impressive - he did well, but 100% Robbie was landing heavier shots and rolling with most strikes Nick threw.

what's the point in outlanding when you lose?

nick lost his stamina and he was getting tired around rd 2, he couldn't keep up the pace he was known for.

It was 1-1 going into the 3rd. I thought Nick clearly won rd 1, and 2/3 judges agree.
View attachment 881836
Nick outlanded Robbie, and landed the better, harder combos in rd 1.

Agreed. If Nick came in shape since cardio is always his best weapon with that style, he would have been able to keep up the volume and throw harder. I don't see Robbie beating an in shape Diaz.

Back