Media Nick Diaz won the 1st round on scorecards, and landed more strikes than Robbie Lawler...

All strikes arent equal goofy. It was obvious who was landing better striker tho I thought Nick edged the 1st with his volume.

Nick's punches used to land with sickening thuds that would vibrate my shitty computer speakers. Literally none of his punches did that last night. There was one moment in particular he was shadowboxing Lawlers face and it was weird

Last edited:
Paddy-cake punches aren't 'significant strikes.'

And if they're counted as significant strikes, that counter is a joke.

Think about it. Hard over-hand punches that almost KO fighters count just as much as slaps from your 12-year old sister.
Mma on paper (stats) suck and you found a huge issue with these boxing judges. Significant strikes cant be seen as the same regardless of the actual impact of the strike. Nick was barely throwing and wouldnt hurt 1 single sherbro with that performance. I will give nick around 20 good shots in that fight while robbie had alot more

He was not winning the fight.

False.

He might have stole the first. The second round was competitive but I think Robbie began turning the tide.

Nick asked for a 5 rounder, and he didn't have 5 rounds of gas. Even if Nick was up on the cards (I'm not saying he was) it was a matter of time until he lost.

It was a great fight but the pace they were going at there was not going to be a need for judges. I'd be curious to see the cards, I was watching to enjoy it, not to score it.
Both guys ate a lot of shots, both guys also blocked and defended a lot of the shots so Im Curious how the judges scored that.

Anyone got a shot of the scorecards?

Robbie has made major improvements in his defense since the first fight. Nick caught him with his hands down and not rolling with the strike, that is damn near impossible to do to the grizzled veteran version of Robbie Lawler. Aside from Woodley, Robbie has done a great job of deflecting, rolling, and mitigating big shots in his second UFC run.
Good take

Js.
He was winning the fight, he just gassed. Maybe he learns his lesson on conditioning at this level and takes another big fight.
Lol, throwing and landed a little more does not mean one won the fight. He wasn't gassed, he didn't want to fight anymore. Seriously, let it go and take it for what it is; Nick used to be a dog, fight to the death and he's not that guy anymore and that's fine.

And two judges had it 19-19 while another had it 20-18

dv4KzS1.png

Those weren't significant strikes. Most of his punches whiffed and the ones that landed were patty cake bullshit.

Considering he looks fat and slow, and was gassing early, he actually looked really fucking good. The talent is still there, but the conditioning is not.

It doesnt matter.

Cant people just appreciate that we got a good ass fight from two great fighters who are clearly passed their best.
This

The fact that people here are shittin on Nick Diaz just reminds me why I don't post here as much anymore.

God forbid anyone has any fun watching MMA...

You have a penchant for retarded posts. It's unbelievable.
You think a fight that lasted 3 rounds should have been scheduled for 3 rounds? WTF?

Stupid on two levels. One Nick Diaz has been doing ironman shit for years.
Two, you're telling me that an older guy who works out could be in better shape than a younger guy who doesn't?
No shit, Sherlock!
Hey, I've got a piece of knowledge that will blow your mind: If you water your lawn, the grass will be greener than if you don't.
Not if you're getting enough natural moisture and your watering is over saturation.

dv4KzS1.png

Screen-Shot-2021-09-27-at-9-19-27-AM.png

(fightmetric)

Nick also threw over a hundred more strikes. He just couldn't keep up with the usual Diaz pace, cause you know- he hasn't competed in nearly 6 years.

Regardless, the numbers don't lie. So, congratulations to Robbie Lawler, but for people who are acting like Nick didn't belong in there, please consider the FACTS.

“ Learned his lesson about conditioning at this level”? Was I the only one who was competetely baffled by this until seeing the join date?

Anyways, I think Nick looked pretty damn good all things considered. He was gone for over half a decade mostly binge drinking and partying up and the man is nearly 40. I thought he did a great job stringing together combinations off the back foot and I thought his head movement actually looked better than it did before. We’re his punches slower? Yes, but as was pointed out he had a long layoff and his punches have never been fast.

I also think it is fair to say that Nick really brought the best out of Lawler as well. He had better defense in their fighting hands, and slipping/rolling punches. He also fought smart which is not something he useually did. Great fight I thought and if anything it makes me excited for his future fights whereas before I was a little skeptical.

Back