Media Nick Diaz won the 1st round on scorecards, and landed more strikes than Robbie Lawler...

Vampire life

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Js.
He was winning the fight, he just gassed. Maybe he learns his lesson on conditioning at this level and takes another big fight.

im not a Diaz fan, but..

MOD Edit to Include other thread info via @Cooliox

dv4KzS1.png

Screen-Shot-2021-09-27-at-9-19-27-AM.png

He stated:
Nick also threw over a hundred more strikes. He just couldn't keep up with the usual Diaz pace, cause you know- he hasn't competed in nearly 6 years.

Regardless, the numbers don't lie. So, congratulations to Robbie Lawler, but for people who are acting like Nick didn't belong in there, please consider the FACTS.

Last edited:
He was not winning the fight.

False.

He might have stole the first. The second round was competitive but I think Robbie began turning the tide.

Nick asked for a 5 rounder, and he didn't have 5 rounds of gas. Even if Nick was up on the cards (I'm not saying he was) it was a matter of time until he lost.

It was a great fight but the pace they were going at there was not going to be a need for judges. I'd be curious to see the cards, I was watching to enjoy it, not to score it.
Both guys ate a lot of shots, both guys also blocked and defended a lot of the shots so Im Curious how the judges scored that.

Anyone got a shot of the scorecards?

Robbie has made major improvements in his defense since the first fight. Nick caught him with his hands down and not rolling with the strike, that is damn near impossible to do to the grizzled veteran version of Robbie Lawler. Aside from Woodley, Robbie has done a great job of deflecting, rolling, and mitigating big shots in his second UFC run.

Last edited:
And Lawler ate every single one never getting hurt. Lawler threw the more powerful shots and controlled the cage.
Agreed, but thats what happened last time. Nick throws these pillows, but some how, it KOd robbie.

Should have made the fight a 3 rounder instead. He underestimated Lawler's physical ability. But Lawler has been living a cleaner life and stayed physically active/competing so he is actually in better physical shape even though he's older.

Paddy-cake punches aren't 'significant strikes.'

And if they're counted as significant strikes, that counter is a joke.

Think about it. Hard over-hand punches that almost KO fighters count just as much as slaps from your 12-year old sister.

I th
Should have made the fight a 3 rounder instead. He underestimated Lawler's physical ability. But Lawler has been living a cleaner life and stayed physically active/competing so he is actually in better physical shape even though he's older.
He knows he’s at the end, so he’s going out clean. Good for him, nice paycheck too

Paddy-cake punches aren't 'significant strikes.'

And if they're counted as significant strikes, that counter is a joke.

Think about it. Hard over-hand punches that almost KO fighters count just as much as slaps from your 12-year old sister.
It wasn’t my numbers, it was mma press

It looks like he was playing tag with those punches, yes they landed but it was all arm and no pop.

I remember Nicks punches used to sting quite a bit, Daley was like out on his feet.

Lawler just either parried them or ignored them

Js.
He was winning the fight, he just gassed. Maybe he learns his lesson on conditioning at this level and takes another big fight.

he doesn’t need lessons in conditioning, he deliberately turned up like that. Whether its a mental block thing or he just was saying FU to Dana and the UFC who knows, but he knew he didn’t do the work needed in training

He was landing but Lawler was walking through-he found it hard to get him off him- and when Lawler landed it was with enough force to be sendinf Nick backwards, backwards, backwards.

I think Nick lost a little bit of power in the hands & Lawler was physically far stronger & better conditioned. Nick achieved a lot in his career but I think he realised he has no business being in there in elite competition anymore.

Back