Nick Diaz too small?

• Thread starter Deleted member 37208
  • Start date
No, I don't think 6'1 is too small for WW! If anything, Nick needs to put on some muscle, but I'm sure he knows what he's doing.

..yeah, there's more to size than height.

I bet Diaz doesn't cut much water to make weight.

If we wants to be more versatile, he should bulk up. If that means "filling out" to middle-weight, that'd be fine, but I bet he could do it without having to move up.

Right now every fight for him is a styles fight: can he use his lanky build to box someone at a distance, or can they put through and beat him up from the clench or top position.

GSP is just going to rag-doll him once he closes the distance...

Anyone else think that Nick Diaz is just too small for 170? As a fan of Diaz, I still predict GSP winning. I don't see Diaz stopping the takedown, and I feel that GSP will power his way out of any submission attempts and take the unanimous decision in a rather boring fight...

Diaz has been bigger than every one of his opponents in the last 3 years or so except for maybe condit and daley.

No, Nick is 6'1. While Condit is registered as 6'2.

This picture as jban posted shows he's definitely not 6'.

Nick-Diaz-vs-Carlos-Condit_zpscbb7dfc1.jpg

Nick is tall and enough/great physically built for ww.

/thread.

You know Diaz likes to wear shoes during weigh ins right? He's like Tito Ortiz, Lombard, Koscheck, etc

For the second time, Diaz put his shoes on before the staredown and Condit did not (i was there and that is how i know). Read what i said carefully. This is to the other poster who mistook my words. Diaz is 6 foot tall, Condit is actually 6 foot 1.5 inches (rounded up to 6 foot 2). No, Diaz is not small for WW. His height and reach is just fine, and he walks around 180-85 pounds.

A lot of people were calling him a massive WW when he fought Penn.

Diaz has been bigger than every one of his opponents in the last 3 years or so except for maybe condit and daley.

Even though he's taller than Cyborg and has a longer reach I wouldn't really say he's "bigger" than Cyborg. Cyborg is a natural MW and is one of the bulkiest WWs around.

Kind of early for making excuses isn't it? He seems about average for WW.

If he lacks any size at WW, it's his own fault for not being a little more interested in strength conditioning. Not like his frame couldn't carry a bit more muscle mass.

I think Diaz has it, I don't think GSP is aggressive enough on the grounds with strikes, this will not distract Diaz and would allow him to get more control of GSP.

You know Diaz likes to wear shoes during weigh ins right? He's like Tito Ortiz, Lombard, Koscheck, etc

For the second time, Diaz put his shoes on before the staredown and Condit did not (i was there and that is how i know). Read what i said carefully. This is to the other poster who mistook my words. Diaz is 6 foot tall, Condit is actually 6 foot 1.5 inches (rounded up to 6 foot 2). No, Diaz is not small for WW. His height and reach is just fine, and he walks around 180-85 pounds.

Both using shoes.

condit2_UFC_143_Diaz.jpg

Even though he's taller than Cyborg and has a longer reach I wouldn't really say he's "bigger" than Cyborg. Cyborg is a natural MW and is one of the bulkiest WWs around.

One of the bulkiest WW's around? Not even close..

Diaz was definitely bigger

1064.jpg

..yeah, there's more to size than height.

I bet Diaz doesn't cut much water to make weight.

If we wants to be more versatile, he should bulk up. If that means "filling out" to middle-weight, that'd be fine, but I bet he could do it without having to move up.
/QUOTE]

Did you stop reading what I wrote 3 words in? Nick is fine height-wise. If he feels to small he should start lifting more weights. Reiterating exactly what I said while attempting to disagree is a bit... stupid.

When in recent years has size ever been a problem for Nick Diaz in a fight?

This "fighter x is too small for weightclass x" is getting out of hand.

Not so much that hes a small welterweight, more hes not a strong welterweight, wheras gsp is a beastly welterweight. That right there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back