Nick Diaz too small?

• Thread starter Deleted member 37208
  • Start date
Anyone else think that Nick Diaz is just too small for 170? As a fan of Diaz, I still predict GSP winning. I don't see Diaz stopping the takedown, and I feel that GSP will power his way out of any submission attempts and take the unanimous decision in a rather boring fight...

No, I don't think 6'1 is too small for WW! If anything, Nick needs to put on some muscle, but I'm sure he knows what he's doing.

A weight cut would probably wreck his excellent cardio. It took his brother who has a smaller frame a long time to figure out his cut to 155.

i think diaz will be in the same place after the condit fight - he is a middle of the road gate keeper at 170.

Being the 'biggest' is not necessarily his fighting style..

He's a legit top 5 guy in the division.. so no.

plus he's beat mid tier guys at 185 too.

I don't think he is that small, he might do great at a 162.5 weightclass, but I don't see him at 155. He has nothing for GSP, at least Condit had striking diversity and power. It's going to be a bad night for Nick.
He has missed weight for 160 by as much as 9 pounds. I think he had one more fight for 160 after that but afterwards he had a few fights around 180.

Nick is a bit undersized, but that only adds to his aura. And it makes GSP look silly considering Nick actually wants to fight Anderson Silva

Since he is a real 6'(not these Jake Ellenberger types who are 5'9'' and claim to be 6' lol) with 76'' reach he is one of the tallest and longest WW. He is also not that skinny, just not very muscular, but he is a lot bigger nowadays than in the past/vs his brother.

Since he is a real 6'(not these Jake Ellenberger types who are 5'9'' and claim to be 6' lol) with 76'' reach he is one of the tallest and longest WW. He is also not that skinny, just not very muscular, but he is a lot bigger nowadays than in the past/vs his brother.

No, Nick is 6'1. While Condit is registered as 6'2.

This picture as jban posted shows he's definitely not 6'.

Nick-Diaz-vs-Carlos-Condit_zpscbb7dfc1.jpg

Nick is tall and enough/great physically built for ww.

/thread.

And both Condit and Diaz are thinner/a bit drained, as its during weigh ins.

Nick is a bit undersized, but that only adds to his aura. And it makes GSP look silly considering Nick actually wants to fight Anderson Silva

I realize that Nick is fairly thin, but he's not a small guy. He's at least 3 inches taller than GSP for instance.

/thread.

Someone also posted that Nick was wearing shoes so he could be somewhat less than 6'1.

/thread.

I think Condit regressed to 6'1'' in his last fight if I remember correctly

He's small because he's tall for this weight... He's taller than GSP, but of course GSP should be stronger than him... but i don't see any problem in this, he losses some strenght but he got a big reach.. When you see Jon Jones he doesn't look too strong as the others on HW, but he's very tall, he got a big reach and also he got the belt...

yall know he's fought at 185 before right??

for f*cks sake, to small for ww but he did fine at MW...

Back