Nick Diaz too small?

• Thread starter Deleted member 37208
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 37208

Anyone else think that Nick Diaz is just too small for 170? As a fan of Diaz, I still predict GSP winning. I don't see Diaz stopping the takedown, and I feel that GSP will power his way out of any submission attempts and take the unanimous decision in a rather boring fight...

He had trouble making 160 lbs catchweight in SF few years ago. But I agree to some extent- he is far from a large WW

Diaz is tall and somewhat lanky which makes him look skinny, but he is not small

Ummm wasn't Carlos the first guy he's fought with the same reach?

Nick is fine, just long and lean, which is a good thing for his skill set.

Nick Diaz is 6'0 so he's going to naturally be about 170 when he's training. Going to 155 wouldn't be natural just how a 5'8, 155 pound man dropping to 145 or 135 wouldn't be natural. I'm all for guys fighting at weights where they're comfortable versus these extreme weight cuts to try to bully around the opponent like so many do, especially the "lightweights" but they're really not lightweights at all.

Nick Diaz is 6'0 so he's going to naturally be about 170 when he's training. Going to 155 wouldn't be natural just how a 5'8, 155 pound man dropping to 145 or 135 wouldn't be natural. I'm all for guys fighting at weights where they're comfortable versus these extreme weight cuts to try to bully around the opponent like so many do, especially the "lightweights" but they're really not lightweights at all.

This is very true, good post.

i agree with this. better to be normal sized for a weight class and be healthy than to be sucked out from a weight cut

I've met/stood next to him a few times. I'm 6'2" 220 and I don't feel like a big guy next to him. I train with MWs who are about the same size as Nick. He's not a huge ww, but def not undersized.

Still don't think either Diaz bro can beat an elite level wrestler. GSP vs Diaz is gonna be like Bendo Vs. Diaz but worse.

I wouldn't agree with your weight estimates. 145lb fighters walk around 160 to 175.

He is only small at WW unless its a 5 round fight. That said he really doesnt ever go that long so I guess IDK what I am talking about. We will see what he does against GSP and I am excited.

I don't think he is that small, he might do great at a 162.5 weightclass, but I don't see him at 155. He has nothing for GSP, at least Condit had striking diversity and power. It's going to be a bad night for Nick.

Back