Nick Diaz too small?

• Thread starter Deleted member 37208
  • Start date
One of the bulkiest WW's around? Not even close..

Diaz was definitely bigger

1064.jpg

Can't see the picture, but if it was a weigh in pic it doesn't really mean much since they both weighed the same at that moment so Diaz would obviously look "bigger" since he is taller and has longer arms.

When they actually fought Cyborg was more muscular, he had a bigger chest, bigger back, bigger traps, bigger arms etc. and I bet he was the heavier of the two. The guy started his career at LHW and spent much of it at MW, look at how cut Cyborg is at MW compared to what Diaz looked like when he fought Shamrock at 180. Plus Diaz has made 160, I don't think Cyborg could do that (and if he could it would be very, very difficult).

Diaz is taller and has longer arms, that's it.

Nick Diaz is 6'0 so he's going to naturally be about 170 when he's training. Going to 155 wouldn't be natural just how a 5'8, 155 pound man dropping to 145 or 135 wouldn't be natural. I'm all for guys fighting at weights where they're comfortable versus these extreme weight cuts to try to bully around the opponent like so many do, especially the "lightweights" but they're really not lightweights at all.

This

He's not a small WW but he is more so a weak WW. If Nick doesn't stay standing, GSP will easily out muscle him.

He's not a small WW but he is more so a weak WW. If Nick doesn't stay standing, GSP will easily out muscle him.

Yes, Nick Diaz made 155 (160?) to fight Noons and 160 to fight Gomi but that was a long time ago. He has since fought twice at 180 lb catchweight and looked bigger than F. Shamrock, who was 199 lb champion. Even at WW, he looked much bigger than Zaromskis, a small WW but a WW nonetheless. He did not look small at all against a 6'2'' Condit. I agree that his build and ectomorphism have more to do with him being outpowered than him being "small". Moderately sized, successful WW included Hughes 5'9 and GSP 5'10. i'm sure Nick is a run-of-the-mill 190lb WW.

Nick Diaz dwarfed Paul Daley. Dude is not a small WW.

He cut to 180 leading to braulo estima bjj exhibition.

by small you mean lanky and lack of muscle mass, then yes.

Gsp will make this fight look like nate/bendo and nate/rory.

No, he fills out well at 185. Fighters with long limbs hold weight better than shorter more stocky built fighters. Do you remember his fight against Shamrock? He looked to be the bigger man!

Back