Nick Diaz too small?

• Thread starter Deleted member 37208
  • Start date
Nick isn't that small. He's 6' and lanky. Just judging off pictures, I would guess he walks around lil heavier than 170 too. If he has trouble with wrestlers at 170, he'll have trouble with them at 155 or 160 or whatever weight too.

nick vs GSP will look like Bendo vs Nate

He isn't small. Didn't he cut from like 185 for his BJJ match against Estima? And he's one of the tallest WW's.

he's got a big frame for 170.. definately not a small imo

As others have said, he is tall and lanky, but not small. He is in the right weight class I think.

Nick Diaz is 6'0 so he's going to naturally be about 170 when he's training. Going to 155 wouldn't be natural just how a 5'8, 155 pound man dropping to 145 or 135 wouldn't be natural. I'm all for guys fighting at weights where they're comfortable versus these extreme weight cuts to try to bully around the opponent like so many do, especially the "lightweights" but they're really not lightweights at all.

I think Nick is 6'1 and Nate 6'0.

Nick-Diaz-vs-Carlos-Condit_zpscbb7dfc1.jpg

I think Donald Cerrone is about the same size as him

Condit isn't a small WW, and Diaz didn't look tiny compared

I don't think that Nick cuts weight.
Most of it to me seems like dieting down.

He never looks dry at the weigh ins, only hungry.

Nick Diaz is 6'0 so he's going to naturally be about 170 when he's training. Going to 155 wouldn't be natural just how a 5'8, 155 pound man dropping to 145 or 135 wouldn't be natural. I'm all for guys fighting at weights where they're comfortable versus these extreme weight cuts to try to bully around the opponent like so many do, especially the "lightweights" but they're really not lightweights at all.

How tall is Nate?

I tend to agree that Nick is too small for WW, we all saw what Rory did to Nate @ 170 and i think Nick is basically Nate a few years down the line.

I wish weigh ins weren't just a 1 day thing and weight cutting wasn't part of fighting but it is. Diaz best attribute is cardio and him cutting to 155 would probably hurt his style of fighting, putting on more weight and cutting more weight could do the same. The guys been a top WW for years I wouldn't say he's too small untill he starts gettin suplexed everywhere like his bro vs rory mcdonald.

lol, What?

Would Frank Shamrock be too small for 170? or Scott Smith? Is Lawler too small for 170?

Nick made all of them look tiny, imo.

Dude is obviously very lean, but he actually has a pretty big frame(that would actually probably allow him to fill-in, and move up, if he wanted to).

GSP does that to every one and its not a case of them being small.

Diaz belongs at WW.

i dont agree. if you look at diaz since hes returned to the ufc he has gotten a little bigger. look at pictures from condit vs diaz and you will see diaz looks bigger than condit. and people need to understand GSP is a huge 170 pounder. nick diaz still would benefit imo from gaining more muscle mass ,but to me look at nick diaz against paul daley, or eve. santos compared to nick diaz vs bj penn or carlos condit he really looks bigger .

I definitely agree he has gotten much bigger. Look at him recently..90% of people are counting him out of this fight.. Will be a majjjor upset if he does it and I think Nick needs all these haters to fuel him even more. He is def aware everyone thinks he has no chance in hell and also aware that people think he has no foot movement and cant stuf takedowns.. he will come prepared and suprise a lot of doubters.

I thought he barely cuts compared to the Hendricks/GSP types. As to whether an extra 10lb of muscle would help him do his thing, who can know.

Back