Nick Diaz is in fighting shape

• Thread starter Deleted member 359865
  • Start date
I'd like to see Nick or anyone else beat Jake at this point. But Jake may be smart enough to only call out basketball players and the world's worst MMA strikers. I'm not sure if he'd fight Nick. He definitely wouldn't fight prime Nick.
His emotional IQ is less than ideal but his actual IQ isn't bad. He isn't dumb. 0% chance he'd fight Nick.

The ripped physique may not make up for the fact that he's been frying his brain decades.
Maybe he's like some of those old rock starts like Iggy Pop or Mick Jagger, who did a boatload of drugs but always had a wiry, ripped physique.

Looking old n skinny not that in shape. but yea I doubt he'll ever fight in the UFC again

Top hairline
Also, not a manlet

The two most important stuff for Sherdog
/thread

Looking old n skinny not that in shape. but yea I doubt he'll ever fight in the UFC again
What do consider "in shape"? That's about as good as he's ever looked. He's never been the type to have a huge amount of muscle mass...were you expecting Usman or Hector Lombard? His face looks old and not really a match for his body...I'll give you that.

Of course, looking "in shape" and actually having the cardio and skills of old Nick are two different things. I doubt most fitness models are in the right condition to be full-time MMA fighters or most any other kind of pro athlete.

His emotional IQ is less than ideal but his actual IQ isn't bad. He isn't dumb. 0% chance he'd fight Nick.

Is Nick on Twitter? I'd say his only chance to fight Paul would be to stir him (and the media/fans) up with enough viral posts to promote the fight and a big purse. But I doubt Nick's social media game is very good. He's barely articulate most of the time.

Is Nick on Twitter? I'd say his only chance to fight Paul would be to stir him (and the media/fans) up with enough viral posts to promote the fight and a big purse. But I doubt Nick's social media game is very good. He's barely articulate most of the time.
He is, but he's mostly full of motivational and positive quotes rather than trash talking like Nate does lol.
things like "Be Water" or "High Achievers" or "Big thank you to The_Smile_Experts and his team for fixing my grill!!!"

Reactions: mkt
It's over. Let it go.

"Serious fight proposal" man hasnt won a fight in 6 years

They dont want Bellator to sign him and make a few bucks off the damaged goods they still own?
Then they should make a few bucks of the damaged good they own, themselves.

My question wasn't "why wouldn't the UFC drop him," in general, but was in response to your post that said, based on his interview with Ariel, that he has mental problems that they don't (or shouldn't) want to deal with, possibly. So if he's too much of a mess and hassle for the UFC to want to bother with, there's no reason not to release him, was my point.

He's supposed to be an independent contractor. Holding onto him just to prevent him from practicing his trade with others, as an independent contractor, falls afoul of how the IRS defines that category of worker, and would further undermine their ability to claim the fighters are independent contractors and not employees.

Last edited:
Damn love Nick but I swear I’ve seen “Nick Diaz is back training” or “Nick Diaz is in fighting shape” topics for the last 3-4 years now<mma3>
I guess the guy is always in fight shape...

Despite the joke, I do think the guy probably is always in shape, but I will only be interested in seeing him fight when there is something booked. That being said, Nick is in my top 5 of all time favorite fighters.

Best physique I've ever seen on Nick. Wish I looked like that. lol

True. I actually think if Nick was into that online talk shit he'd have a very slight chance going that route. Oh well.

It's over. Let it go.

"Serious fight proposal" man hasnt won a fight in 6 years
lost to Silva (GOAT contender), GSP (GOAT Contender) and Condit (WW elite at the time). All decisions.

Back