Nick Diaz is in fighting shape

• Thread starter Deleted member 359865
  • Start date
I dont think he is ready yet. Just because he got himself into great shape doesnt mean he's ready for a serious training camp yet.

I went to one of the pressers of Nate vs Jorge and people asked if Nick was gonna be involved at all,and Nate was like "i dunno,i hope so"

nick and nate are always in shape. nick already turned down a jorge fight.

mention Nick's name and all you hear is crickets, or police sirens

Well,after his interview on Helwani's show they might not want to deal with someone who is that mentally shot. It might not be worth it. He was a handful even when he was fighting before.

This.

He didn’t do himself any favors during that interview. That’s coming from a fan of the Diaz brothers. The dude doesn’t seem to have any interest in fighting again. I think the UFC would be willing to deal with the headache but....Nick just doesn’t seem to want to fight.

Who do you even put him in there against? Fans need to just let it go. I’m not interested in seeing him get destroyed in a return fight.

Just in case neither of you know this..

Ariel actually came out a day or so after that interview and laid some context behind it. Nick Diaz was out with his crew (maybe his brother) partying in NYC, and Ariel had asked him for an interview sometime earlier that week to discuss Masvidal/Nate, etc. But Diaz had declined. So while he was drunk off his a** and stoned out of his mind, he text Ariel and said, "I'll do the interview but only if you can meet in the next ___ amount of time (I think he gave Ariel 45 min or an hour, can't exactly remember). So Ariel texted all his staff, etc. and they were able to quickly get ready and use the ESPN Studio that Mike Greenberg had actually used a day earlier for a Masvidal interview. Diaz was late of course, and by the time they started the interview I believe Ariel said it was somewhere between 12:30 and 2 am. The interview went over an hour, but they edited out the least coherent parts so I think the one they aired was like 45-48 min long. I've heard Nick Diaz talk since, even shortly after that and he sounded normal (normal for a Diaz). I just re-read both your comments after I wrote this an noticed you talked about him being mentally out of fighting, which I had wrongly assumed you meant his brain was mush from fighting initially haha, so not sure if this even applies to your comments, but some context for that interview if you haven't heard it before.

Last edited:
This.

He didn’t do himself any favors during that interview. That’s coming from a fan of the Diaz brothers. The dude doesn’t seem to have any interest in fighting again. I think the UFC would be willing to deal with the headache but....Nick just doesn’t seem to want to fight.

Who do you even put him in there against? Fans need to just let it go. I’m not interested in seeing him get destroyed in a return fight.
He would be a serious contender in Bellator. Looks like he's aged like milk though

I would tune in for Paul vs Nick Diaz or A. Silva. Those are the only freak fight shows that would lead me to pay for a PpV.

Put that fight in the UK and it would be huge for American mma fans and UK fans .
That's what I think though many seem to disagree, I wonder if it'd have to be a Main Event or whether it'd work better as a Co-Main with a more conventional style header.

Back