Nick Diaz is in fighting shape

• Thread starter Deleted member 359865
  • Start date
Can he still do cool shit with a pair of nunchucks tho?

Well,after his interview on Helwani's show they might not want to deal with someone who is that mentally shot. It might not be worth it. He was a handful even when he was fighting before.
So why would that stop them from voiding his contract and releasing him?

So why would that stop them from voiding his contract and releasing him?

Nick vs. Paul Daley rematch. Make it happen, Bellator. Nick's had a huge layoff but Daley has like 80 fights now and a lot more wear-n-tear while Nick sat around and smoked weed for the last decade.

This.

He didn’t do himself any favors during that interview. That’s coming from a fan of the Diaz brothers. The dude doesn’t seem to have any interest in fighting again. I think the UFC would be willing to deal with the headache but....Nick just doesn’t seem to want to fight.

Who do you even put him in there against? Fans need to just let it go. I’m not interested in seeing him get destroyed in a return fight.
Nick didn't even want to fight back in the day. He used to always say he hates fighting but it is his job. If he can get by without fighting, I am sure he won't fight.

That's probably his best option, if he's interested. I think a good MMA wrestler would have a field day with an older Nick who's less quick and mobile and had a huge layoff. He didn't do well against wrestlers in his physical prime when he trained all the time.
As if Paul would fight someone with boxing talent, much less higher level boxing talent ha
Jake Paul won't take that fight. Nick was a accurate striker with punches in bunches. If i was a betting man i would take Nick to win via decision.
0.001% chance he makes it to a decision with Nick. Unless his fights are exhibition rules with 3 total rounds or something?

IMO fighting shape is more than an athletic physique. I'll buy into this when he has a contract

Arona would 50 - 45 jones so hard

Reverse the numbers and you have it correct. Arona didn't migrate to the UFC for a reason...he lost 3 of his last 4 fights in Pride.

Well,after his interview on Helwani's show they might not want to deal with someone who is that mentally shot. It might not be worth it. He was a handful even when he was fighting before.
Mind and body are both connected! I think this may especially be the case for Nick Diaz.

Reactions: HHJ
Reverse the numbers and you have it correct. Arona didn't migrate to the UFC for a reason...he lost 3 of his last 4 fights in Pride.
Arona opened up a school in Brazil thats why. Thats why Jones is safe

As if Paul would fight someone with boxing talent, much less higher level boxing talent ha

0.001% chance he makes it to a decision with Nick. Unless his fights are exhibition rules with 3 total rounds or something?
You're probably right, but I have no idea what Nick would look like in a boxing ring or cage right now. He might look shredded because he's been hitting the gym and training for triathlons like he used to. But he's still a 37-year old head case with a massive layoff. Don't count on him fighting like it's 2009.

Back