• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

NHL 23: Broken Sternums and Broken Dreams

Ask Sabres fans about skates in goal creases

i shudder just to think about that remembering those years ago when all of these goals got called back just because a random players skate blade happened to be inside the crease. they werent even interfering with the goalie or anything, a part of their skate blade just happened to glance through the crease somewhere around the time when the puck went in. so many clean goals got disallowed. so many outcomes of games was determined. it's about the dumbest rule i've seen since the 2 line pass.

i think just about every team got dicked around over that skate in the crease rule. glad they walked that one back. it might still exist in certain leagues and international tournaments though.

but with that being said, i'm not sure the reference to the sabres and skate in crease thing you speak of off the top of my head. they must have lost a big game over some real bullshit i take it. taking my first stab on google, i'm guessing it was the 1999 stanley cup finals dallas goal on the sabres with brett hulls skate in the crease? i vaguely remember that, but i don't.

Last edited:
lol theres a dude working the LA penalty box with an epic beard. he could smuggle a couple kilos of coke through the airport in that thing.

You know you suck when you can’t beat Skinner.

Skinner gonna let in 6 goals next game

Last edited:
didn't expect a 1 goal game after the last 3 games of this series. i guess they finally decided to put goalies in the net.

I don’t know what’s crazier; Skinner with a shutout or the Oilers only scoring one goal.

I don’t know what’s crazier; Skinner with a shutout or the Oilers only scoring one goal.

Oilers getting just 13 shots after I was making fun of the Canucks... lol. Actually both teams won those games. Canucks when they were outshot 30-12 and the Oilers who got out shot 33-13.

I'm not sure how you go from 44, 31, and 40 to 13, but thankfully Skinner managed the only shutout of the playoffs so far.

avs dropping 22 goals on the possible vezina winner in 4 games is wild. if georgiev can just not allow 5 goals a game they got a real chance at another cup.

I haven't watched a game in that series yet. Not sure if the Avs are just looking great, or the Jets are just looking terrible. Either way, the Jets are done it seems, especially with Helleybuyck not able to stop a beach ball right now.

Yeah hard to say he did seem withdrawn. Not a caps fan but you gotta love Ovi.

He's the Leflop James of the NHL now. Doesn't give a shit about how the team does at this point. Only interested in personal accolades, and beating Gretzkys all time goals record. Going for that longevity over that team success. I can't say I blame him at this point, the Caps organization hasn't really done jack shit to support him since they won that cup.

to hell with throwing catfish and octopus onto the ice to show support for hockey teams. tomorrow the canucks fans need to mobilize and throw an orca whale onto the ice.

Back