• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ngannou vs Fury showing people forgot why UFC exist.

I get why people are bitching, they want to see good fights.

What's your angle in this?
I also want to see good fight but acknowledge that I have no control over that and as such don't get upset about things I can't change.

Like Max says, it is what it is.

Would I love to watch Fury vs Usyk and Jones vs Ngannou ?

Of course.

But if those fights were going to happen they would likely have happened already.

Boxing in general and particularly Eddie Hearn (but plenty others can share this blame) seems to have decided that it is more profitable to have multiple champs cashing checks than to risk their cash cow losing.

Realistically we should have already seen Wilder vs AJ about 5 years ago and Fury vs Usyk or AJ or maybe both rather than fairly pointless fights like Dillian Whyte and Otto Wallin.

All that out of the way I have no problem with Ngannou banking as much money as possible in his short window of opportunity to do so and if that means some goofy freakshow fight and fans will support it financially, then let the man cash in. He has risked his health to put himself in that position and done so against steep odds and numerous pitfalls.

And Ngannou has done it the right way, he fought out his contract and got to the point where he (soon) is a legitimate free agent, and reigning MMA HW champ, Tyson is also reigning champ and undefeated.

As for the UFC... What could I say that hasn't been said over and over again for a decade or more? What's the point?

I also want to see good fight but acknowledge that I have no control over that and as such don't get upset about things I can't change.

Like Max says, it is what it is.

Would I love to watch Fury vs Usyk and Jones vs Ngannou ?

Of course.

But if those fights were going to happen they would likely have happened already.

Boxing in general and particularly Eddie Hearn (but plenty others can share this blame) seems to have decided that it is more profitable to have multiple champs cashing checks than to risk their cash cow losing.

Realistically we should have already seen Wilder vs AJ about 5 years ago and Fury vs Usyk or AJ or maybe both rather than fairly pointless fights like Dillian Whyte and Otto Wallin.

All that out of the way I have no problem with Ngannou banking as much money as possible in his short window of opportunity to do so and if that means some goofy freakshow fight and fans will support it financially, then let the man cash in. He has risked his health to put himself in that position and done so against steep odds and numerous pitfalls.

And Ngannou has done it the right way, he fought out his contract and got to the point where he (soon) is a legitimate free agent, and reigning MMA HW champ, Tyson is also reigning champ and undefeated.

As for the UFC... What could I say that hasn't been said over and over again for a decade or more? What's the point?

Fair enough. I half agree but only because Tyson Fury is the real villain in this mess.

Basically him being a giant pussy is making all of this possible. Cause he'd get way way waaaaay more money and legacy points from the Usyk fight, and he's just not doing it all while talking shit and taking the Ngannou matchup instead.

Ngannou is basically a happy bystander.

Fair enough. I half agree but only because Tyson Fury is the real villain in this mess.

Basically him being a giant pussy is making all of this possible. Cause he'd get way way waaaaay more money and legacy points from the Usyk fight, and he's just not doing it all while talking shit and taking the Ngannou matchup instead.

Ngannou is basically a happy bystander.
That's the catch with the fighter pay argument.

We want to see the big fights.
I think that is fairly universal among fight fans.

We (most fans) support the idea of fighters being well compensated.

But once the fighters make good money, they often don't take the fights we want or fight as often.

Tyson Fury has "fuck you money"

That man supposedly grew up living in RVs, now he probably has $20 mil in the bank.

As Marvin Hagler said: "It's tough to get out of bed to go running at 5am when you are sleeping in silk sheets"

And we know Tyson Fury likes to eat. And he has already demonstrated that he can lose his drive once he feels like he has reached a big goal.

I wish we would have seen him fight Anthony Joshua before the Usyk and Ruiz fights crumbled his mystique. That would have been epic.

Usyk vs Fury would be a historic fight and crown the king of a generation but I would imagine both sides feel like they have too much to lose.

It's already been decided. Best martial art is wrestling. Gives you an advantage on the ground (obviously), in the clinch / against the cage, and on the feet! (because your enemy always worried about the TD).

This is the Ultimate Wrestling Championship after all.
I can't tell if you are being serious or not...
If you are joking, ha, but if you are being serious, then you are a moron.

Wrestling is great when fighting in a sports organization where there are rules and time limits to protect you... Jiu Jitsu is the best for real life combat .

Lol you don't even debunk one of my claims and instead just use personal insults because you got no clue how to defend your point. I am a fan who wants to see the best fights. If you like that fighters shit on your face while taking away amazing fights it's your problem. And if you wouldn't be so hypocrite you should boycott every combat sports because of the hard injuries it's inflicting on its athletes.

But let's have it your way. Why should ngannou do boxing and not join the lakers instead? He is tall got good reach maybe he play basketball every day as a hobby and he already switching to completely different sport for money so why not even making more in basketball and besides stuff like that happened before like Jordan switching to baseball. Now if you got a brain in your head you will understand it will be complete trainwreck. I don't want to see some celebrity sports bullshit. I want elites compete against other elites on their sports and as a fan i got full right to ask for it.
Kid, you are the one who can't back up your asinine statement with any logic.

You attack Francis for trying to make more money claiming "he has enough" while you defend Dana (who has many times more money than Francis) and his right to not pay fighters more.
I don't need to defend anything more than the sentence above. That is the most stupid stance anyone can have.

And don't try to defend your point because "you are a fan of the sport". No, you are not.
You are a shill of a greedy promotion that could pay their fighters tenfold what they do and still make more money than most other business or leagues (%-wise).

I do want to see fighters fight the best. But not at any cost. And if the UFC would share the profits better, they would not only be in this situation where their best fighter wants out to get paid more in another sport that is not even their core; but they would also attract more and better talent, which would benefit them and us fans in the long run.

So please get off your fucking blinders and stop sucking up for Dana. he does not need, and you are just proving to be that one stupid (but vocal) fan who really don't get how YOU are harming the sport for a selfish desire and misguided sense of what is right or good for the sport now and in the future.

But once the fighters make good money, they often don't take the fights we want or fight as often.

That man supposedly grew up living in RVs, now he probably has $20 mil in the bank.

As Marvin Hagler said: "It's tough to get out of bed to go running at 5am when you are sleeping in silk sheets"

And we know Tyson Fury likes to eat. And he has already demonstrated that he can lose his drive once he feels like he has reached a big goal.

I wish we would have seen him fight Anthony Joshua before the Usyk and Ruiz fights crumbled his mystique. That would have been epic.

Usyk vs Fury would be a historic fight and crown the king of a generation but I would imagine both sides feel like they have too much to lose.

Usyk is game as far as I know. Fury is basically ruining what was a very tournament like situation. You had two sides, AJ/Usyk/Ruiz vs Fury/Wilder, and now we have 2 winners ready for the match for the ages.

I can't stress enough how much I dislike Fury at the moment. Fucking Fury.....

Usyk is game as far as I know. Fury is basically ruining what was a very tournament like situation. You had two sides, AJ/Usyk/Ruiz vs Fury/Wilder, and now we have 2 winners ready for the match for the ages.

I can't stress enough how much I dislike Fury at the moment. Fucking Fury.....
I hear ya man.

I guess I have just grown sufficiently jaded to the point where I never believed that the big fight was going to happen.

(Going all the way back to AJ vs Wilder and every rotation since.)

So not ever having believed a thing was real I don't like anything has been taken from me.
I have always considered the notion of these fights to be like the van below.... "Yeah, I'm not falling for THAT again!"

28074207609_54497871d4_b.jpg

I can't tell if you are being serious or not...
If you are joking, ha, but if you are being serious, then you are a moron.

Wrestling is great when fighting in a sports organization where there are rules and time limits to protect you... Jiu Jitsu is the best for real life combat .

Who is talking about the street? ofc i mean in the ufc

but JJ for real life combat makes no sense either, while you're rolling around on the floor someone's just gonna stomp on your head.

I hear ya man.

I guess I have just grown sufficiently jaded to the point where I never believed that the big fight was going to happen.

(Going all the way back to AJ vs Wilder and every rotation since.)

So not ever having believed a thing was real I don't like anything has been taken from me.
I have always considered the notion of these fights to be like the van below.... "Yeah, I'm not falling for THAT again!"

View attachment 921130
That was dark dude... :) Let's just stop the conversation cause I don't want to find out what comes next after the pedo van lol

Kid, you are the one who can't back up your asinine statement with any logic.

You attack Francis for trying to make more money claiming "he has enough" while you defend Dana (who has many times more money than Francis) and his right to not pay fighters more.
I don't need to defend anything more than the sentence above. That is the most stupid stance anyone can have.

And don't try to defend your point because "you are a fan of the sport". No, you are not.
You are a shill of a greedy promotion that could pay their fighters tenfold what they do and still make more money than most other business or leagues (%-wise).

I do want to see fighters fight the best. But not at any cost. And if the UFC would share the profits better, they would not only be in this situation where their best fighter wants out to get paid more in another sport that is not even their core; but they would also attract more and better talent, which would benefit them and us fans in the long run.

So please get off your fucking blinders and stop sucking up for Dana. he does not need, and you are just proving to be that one stupid (but vocal) fan who really don't get how YOU are harming the sport for a selfish desire and misguided sense of what is right or good for the sport now and in the future.
I already explained why it's so stupid for asking that Dana (or any other boss) will make the same salary as he's employees. But i see you don't have the cognitive skill to understand that.

And i don't say that Dana is a saint either. He should make he's fighters a full employees with a union but i also understand why he against it. It still doesn't making Francis less greedy than him because he doesn't fight for union or higher fighters pay, Just for himself.

Let me ask you a question. If the UFC is so horrible why don't all of its fighters go to bellator/ any other mma promotion or just switching to boxing and trying their luck? If thinking making you having distortions so the answer is that despite being a fighter in the UFC isn't perfect it's much better than the media tells you.

Francis isn't some miserable guy. He got today more money than both of us will ever make. It still give him the right for asking the highest salary but going to boxing isn't the right thing. I would be much happier if instead he would go to bellator or one fc. And like i explained before, if the lakers for example will offer him prestigious contract he will be the first guy to say fuck boxing.

And guess what. Fans like you ruining the sport not me. Because we will continue to have boring freak shows that we all know exactly how they'll end before they even started instead of great fights. It will only end once people stop buying tickets for that shit. The solution for fighters pay is having more MMA promotions at the same level as the UFC and making a union. Not that every champ will go to lose in boxing.

Fury would wreck ngannou in a street fight or mma too. Probably even faster because of the small gloves

Fury wouldn’t stand a chance against Ngannou in an MMA fight or street fight. To even suggest otherwise is ridiculous. No doubt even Fury would admit to this.

When UFC started it wanted to find out what is the best martial art. We had almost no rules making it basically pure fighting/street fight without weapons however making it stay that way would made UFC boring lay and pray show and too dangerous for the fighters. Now MMA is the ultimate martial art period. the best thing you want for a street fight. Yet people still wanting to see who is the best fighting style while we already have the answer. In boxing match Ngannou will get humiliated and street fight/MMA tyson will. its just stupid and unnecessary. the worst thing we might never see Ngannou vs jones and Fury vs usyk both better fights than the boring shitshow we will get all cause of greed. I just hope that their fight will sale so badly it will finally end those freakshow madness.

And for people who saying its good because UFC fighters need to get pay better. Ngannou could simply go to Bellator or ONE fc if he actually cared and also give more quality fights. He isnt robin hood, he became to be a millionaire because of the UFC and doesnt give shit about other UFC fighters. he just want more money for himself and isnt any better or less greedy than White is.
I don't think anyone argues that Francis isn't "greedy." It's prize fighting, after all. But also, it is about Francis. Why should he sacrifice a payday for Dana or anyone else?

I already explained why it's so stupid for asking that Dana (or any other boss) will make the same salary as he's employees. But i see you don't have the cognitive skill to understand that.

And i don't say that Dana is a saint either. He should make he's fighters a full employees with a union but i also understand why he against it. It still doesn't making Francis less greedy than him because he doesn't fight for union or higher fighters pay, Just for himself.

Let me ask you a question. If the UFC is so horrible why don't all of its fighters go to bellator/ any other mma promotion or just switching to boxing and trying their luck? If thinking making you having distortions so the answer is that despite being a fighter in the UFC isn't perfect it's much better than the media tells you.

Francis isn't some miserable guy. He got today more money than both of us will ever make. It still give him the right for asking the highest salary but going to boxing isn't the right thing. I would be much happier if instead he would go to bellator or one fc. And like i explained before, if the lakers for example will offer him prestigious contract he will be the first guy to say fuck boxing.

And guess what. Fans like you ruining the sport not me. Because we will continue to have boring freak shows that we all know exactly how they'll end before they even started instead of great fights. It will only end once people stop buying tickets for that shit. The solution for fighters pay is having more MMA promotions at the same level as the UFC and making a union. Not that every champ will go to lose in boxing.

Sorry, but I stopped reading after your first sentence. There's a certain level of Bullshit one must not pass, and you did so with the first line.

You are just too fucking stupid to have an argument with anyone, kid.
I never said Francis has to make the same as Dana. or even close to what Dana makes.
But Francis CAN make a lot more than he is doing now. And he is proving just by talking about this fight against The Gypsy King.

The fact you think he has no right to pursude more money than what Dana pays him makes this argument something so irrational there's no point to even begin explaining, since you are that dumbass with an opinion, and you can't understand simple logic.

He must have considerably more than $20 mil in the bank.

He earned $27 million from the Whyte fight alone, and more from both Wilder fights.

He probably has at least $100 million in the bank.

I agree Fury Vs Joshua should have happened a while ago. An epic all British showdown, and it kind of feels like Tyson Fury should have been the one to expose Joshua rather than Andy Ruiz ;)

A gun is the best martial art

Yep, order goes something like this:

1) Gun
2) Knife
3) Random object (bottle, bat, rock)
4) Your friends
5) Being bigger
6) MMA

And if you use 6, and win... you better kill your opponent or else he'll come back with #1-4

Neither of these guys is the type of draw that Floyd and conman were. Fury-Wilder 2 sold 850k and Fury-Wilder 3 only 600k. No numbers for his last fight yet, but hard to believe it was surpass the Wilder fights. Nganeau-Gane was only 500k. If the fight happens, it won't be a big seller.

Please stop.
That's fucking stupid.

WHite (a guy who does not fight and makes far more money than the fighter) is a multimilionaire and repeatedly fucked the sport for the sake of greed.
Francis, one of the Biggest star in this promotion was just asking for a bigger share of the pie.
But Dana is greedy and cannot give it to him, because other fighters will ask as well (Don't frget that Francis is only asking because greedy Dana already gave it once, to Conor).

Another point is that UFC fighters do want to test themselves against other sports. And why not make money as well?
Let us not forget that Francis did not start his career in MMA.
He wanted to pursue a boxing career.
So it is obvious that he has a sweet spot for Boxing... and what would be better than fight the fucking best guy around for a shit load of money??

Don't be such a fucking hypocrite and claim you wouldn't do it!
And if you would, then what fucking right do you have to cry about him doing and demand him to stay under Dana's contract and shut up?
Oh cry me a fucken river, I’m so tired of this narrative that if you step in an mma cage you should just automatically be paid millions cause Dana is rich.

Are you as worried about the construction working risking his life every day working at heights, or the miner risking his neck in some hole about to collapse on his head?

Yep, order goes something like this:

1) Gun
2) Knife
3) Random object (bottle, bat, rock)
4) Your friends
5) Being bigger
6) MMA

And if you use 6, and win... you better kill your opponent or else he'll come back with #1-4
You watch too many movies, most people don’t shoot or stab you if you beat them in a fist fight and let them live.

If this fight happens I pray so hard that Ngannou wins

KO a top boxer in his sport then call all boxers out to MMA

Back