• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ngannou vs Fury showing people forgot why UFC exist.

Oh cry me a fucken river, I’m so tired of this narrative that if you step in an mma cage you should just automatically be paid millions cause Dana is rich.

Are you as worried about the construction working risking his life every day working at heights, or the miner risking his neck in some hole about to collapse on his head?
LOL
Please, don't be such a retarded dumbass.
I am not worried about a fighter. I am merely stating he CAN fight to get paid more if he thinks he is worth it. And Francis proved he is.
And what is your point? If the Construction worker don't make money, no one else can make more either? Please just stop with your illogical bullshit.

Don't be such a dishonest prick feigning pity for another (completely unrelated) profession just to support an argument that a fighter shouldn't make more money.

LOL
Please, don't be such a retarded dumbass.
I am not worried about a fighter. I am merely stating he CAN fight to get paid more if he thinks he is worth it. And Francis proved he is.
And what is your point? If the Construction worker don't make money, no one else can make more either? Please just stop with your illogical bullshit.

Don't be such a dishonest prick feigning pity for another (completely unrelated) profession just to support an argument that a fighter shouldn't make more money.
You’re talking out of your ass, he’s proven he’s worth “more”? How so? How much more exactly? How much money will UFC lose if Ngannou doesn’t fight anymore? How many paying casuals will give a shit?

The thing is he needs the UFC much more than UFC needs him. Without the UFC Francis would still be shoveling sand somewhere for minimum wage.

If they thought he was worth more they would pay him more, but obviously they don’t and if he never fights again the company won’t skip a beat.

But ya, the average karate forum poster clearly knows more about business than a multi billion dollar company.

You’re talking out of your ass, he’s proven he’s worth “more”? How so? How much more exactly? How much money will UFC lose if Ngannou doesn’t fight anymore? How many paying casuals will give a shit?

The thing is he needs the UFC much more than UFC needs him. Without the UFC Francis would still be shoveling sand somewhere for minimum wage.

If they thought he was worth more they would pay him more, but obviously they don’t and if he never fights again the company won’t skip a beat.

But ya, the average karate forum poster clearly knows more about business than a multi billion dollar company.
LOL you try hard, but you got no point.

First you try to compare Francis with a poor construction worker.
Now you claim "he need the UFC"... desperate much?

By showing up and getting into the ring with Fury, Francis proved not only that Fury is on board, but that this fight will make him more money than his whole career with the UFC.
Screenshot-2022-04-23-at-23.08.54.png

So no. Francis does not need the UFC as much as the UFC will lose without Francis.

Heck, Francis just their "next golden champion" (Gane) with one bum knee.
<Dany07>

The sad part of your post is the fact that you know that "the average Karate Forum poster" just humiliated your ass.
You could have gone to sleep without this, kid.

<{anton}>

He must have considerably more than $20 mil in the bank.

He earned $27 million from the Whyte fight alone, and more from both Wilder fights.

He probably has at least $100 million in the bank.

I agree Fury Vs Joshua should have happened a while ago. An epic all British showdown, and it kind of feels like Tyson Fury should have been the one to expose Joshua rather than Andy Ruiz ;)
Good for him if he does. I try to underestimate and play it safe on the low side, as I feel:

1) the big numbers thrown about are often exaggerated or based on sales estimates that can be inaccurate. (Articles will say "so and so stands to make $30million" but often neglect to mention that it would require record breaking PPV sale to reach that total)

2) taxes

3) manager, etc

LOL you try hard, but you got no point.

First you try to compare Francis with a poor construction worker.
Now you claim "he need the UFC"... desperate much?

By showing up and getting into the ring with Fury, Francis proved not only that Fury is on board, but that this fight will make him more money than his whole career with the UFC.
Screenshot-2022-04-23-at-23.08.54.png

So no. Francis does not need the UFC as much as the UFC will lose without Francis.

Heck, Francis just their "next golden champion" (Gane) with one bum knee.
<Dany07>

The sad part of your post is the fact that you know that "the average Karate Forum poster" just humiliated your ass.
You could have gone to sleep without this, kid.

<{anton}>
Good for him, let him make money in a circus match where he gets humiliated by Fury, but that’s not what we’re arguing about.

Your argument was that the UFC should just pay him more “cause he deserves it and Dana’s rich”.

So again, how fucken much more exactly and what metric did you use to conclude that what he’s making is not enough?

Fury wouldn’t stand a chance against Ngannou in an MMA fight or street fight. To even suggest otherwise is ridiculous. No doubt even Fury would admit to this.
Ya ngannou has an awesome kicking and wrestling game

I find the whole thing silly :rolleyes:
Yeah, Big Frank punches hard, but all the guys that Fury faced punched hard :D

It would come down to technique and Frank would get eaten alive by Tyson :p:p
Wilder is 10x better at everything Ngannou can bring to the table. Its a fucking Joke this is a thing.

I'm relaxed. I just pointed the idiocy of his post.
No, you actually replied to the least important aspect of his post.

His post is, primarily, about how the matchup misses the point of proving what the “Ultimate Martial Art” is. He does mention Francis and pay at the end, but you writing that reply misses the ACTUAL point he’s making.

Little defensive of big Frank, are ya?

This thread seems infested with UFC employees - or just plain morons

Sorry, but I stopped reading after your first sentence. There's a certain level of Bullshit one must not pass, and you did so with the first line.

You are just too fucking stupid to have an argument with anyone, kid.
I never said Francis has to make the same as Dana. or even close to what Dana makes.
But Francis CAN make a lot more than he is doing now. And he is proving just by talking about this fight against The Gypsy King.

The fact you think he has no right to pursude more money than what Dana pays him makes this argument something so irrational there's no point to even begin explaining, since you are that dumbass with an opinion, and you can't understand simple logic.
Lol i completely explained my point yet you are even confessing that reading beyond my first sentence is beyond your brain capacity. Please stop replying to me and go smashing your head on the wall and spitting on yourself somewhere else.

The UFC started as an infomercial for the Gracie family.

Can't wait for this Crossover Era to fekkin die...

I don't even care if it ruins careers at this point...

ving-rhames-fuck-you-all.gif

Good for him if he does. I try to underestimate and play it safe on the low side, as I feel:

1) the big numbers thrown about are often exaggerated or based on sales estimates that can be inaccurate. (Articles will say "so and so stands to make $30million" but often neglect to mention that it would require record breaking PPV sale to reach that total)

2) taxes

3) manager, etc

I know what you mean, what with manager and taxes etc the takehome cash or going to be dramatically smaller than the enormous figures you see bandied around. But I think with someone like Fury that has been earning huge purses for a while, and doesn't appear to be a real spendthrift, he's going to have a huge amount in the bank, far more than almost every MMA fighter.

I think in boxing the purses given are very accurate, more than MMA, but of course as we said, manager/promoter/taxes are a huge chunk.

I hate the UFC because Frank had stop driving his BMW i8 and trade it for a tax deductible G wagon.

Good for him, let him make money in a circus match where he gets humiliated by Fury, but that’s not what we’re arguing about.

Your argument was that the UFC should just pay him more “cause he deserves it and Dana’s rich”.

So again, how fucken much more exactly and what metric did you use to conclude that what he’s making is not enough?
Sorry, kid. But you can't change the argument just because twice already you were wrong.
That was not the argument.
Next time, check what is the argument before interjecting with your asinine opinions

No, you actually replied to the least important aspect of his post.

His post is, primarily, about how the matchup misses the point of proving what the “Ultimate Martial Art” is. He does mention Francis and pay at the end, but you writing that reply misses the ACTUAL point he’s making.

Little defensive of big Frank, are ya?
quite the opposite.
I noted the idiocy of his post, that Francis shouldn't make more money.

His thoughts about the fight is not so idiotic, reason I didn't point out ;)

You kind of missed the logic a little... the question is why are you defending him?

Back