• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ngannou is a sh**** champ

He's a piece of shit for that. I support Gane over Francis. But it's clear the whole narrative about Francis being a bad champ is manufactured by Dana and his marketing team.
To a degree yeah, the same way the "he just needed one month" is a bullshit narrative from Francis

Francis wants more money, and none of us know how much he actually wants so it's kind of silly to be that opinionated about it either way. The only thing I will say is a loooot of guys are able to make a deal with the UFC, so the fact the Francis is having this much trouble the second he won the title isn't a great sign

Frank Ngannou can hang out with as many youtubers in Dubai and get in as many grappling sessions with Brandon Moreno as his heart desires when he becomes Bellator HW king and is booked to fight once a year; which seems to be what Frank wants.

Wish him the best over at Bellator.

He sat on the sidelines when Cormier and Stipe had their trilogy going. He didn't get a TS

The UFC is to blame just as much as the fighters =/ They gotta "play the game" to get what they want. As a fan, it's shitty on both sides, but the UFC let it be a thing by not paying some correctly and allowing some (like Conor) to dictate everything. It's a mess =/ It's hard to say it's always the fighters fault even though I agree that it bothers the shit out of me too, but I can see how it's understandable in some circumstances....It's just we don't know what goes down in these negotiations.

I just want to see some HW title fights, the HW title gets defended like once every 18 months, its so boring, and I am tired of it. we need a guy who will fight often and keep defending, always these long ass breaks zzzzzzzzzzzz

Since Tim Sylvia left, the HW champs barely ever fight, just always long breaks with mysterious injuries and problems. we are lucky to get a HW title once every 18 months after Sylvia (who actually fought)

The UFC is to blame just as much as the fighters =/ They gotta "play the game" to get what they want. As a fan, it's shitty on both sides, but the UFC let it be a thing by not paying some correctly and allowing some (like Conor) to dictate everything. It's a mess =/
That's the entire history of combat sports, this isn't some new problem the UFC created

I just want to see some HW title fights, the HW title gets defended like once every 18 months, its so boring, and I am tired of it. we need a guy who will fight often and keep defending, always these long ass breaks zzzzzzzzzzzz

Since Tim Sylvia left, the HW champs barely ever fight, just always long breaks with mysterious injuries and problems. we are lucky to get a HW title once every 18 months after Sylvia (who actually fought)
Let's check on where Tim Sylvia is today..

northwest-herald-ad-tim-sylvia.png

.. oh that's right.

So compare him to the worst champ ever and he looks good?

Ufc jumped the gun on the interim title but Ngannou is difficult to deal with. Thats obvious, hes got all the makings of a star. The Ufc wants him fighting. Shit look at how much Conor, Jon Jones or Rampage did and the Ufc dealt with.

Most champions fight every 6 months or so.

"Ngannou is difficult to deal with." LOL! A guy you don't know, and about the dealings of whose career you know nothing. More classic shertard insight.

He is a bit difficult but I suspect that is why he is so successful. He is always looking for the next big meal.

Erm he wanted to fight....and was denied. I hope you can wipe Dana's nut from ya bum soul. Shillin for the UFC aint healthy.

P.S. ngnoo bless

This.

Wasn't he good for Sept, but the UFC wanted the HW title defended in Aug?

Regardless, fighters' worth >>>> UFC

Most champions fight every 6 months or so.

"Ngannou is difficult to deal with." LOL! A guy you don't know, and about the dealings of whose career you know nothing. More classic shertard insight.
None of us know what actually goes on behind the scenes, but there are definitely reasons to think he is difficult to deal with

I mean he must really be acting like a primadona if Dana just moved past his most exciting heavyweight and made an interim title so quickly.

Not that I'm siding with Dana, but this trend of dudes winning a title, then wanting to take the next 12 months off and renegotiate their status while the division waits for them is pretty pathetic and needs to stop.

Great fighter, love the knockouts, but hoping Gane puts him away and he never gets the title again.

Dana wanted Ngannou to fight in August.
Ngannou wanted 6 months off and fight in September.
Dana got mad and made the interim belt fight between Lewis/Gane in August.
Now Ngannou will end up fighting Gane in (probably) December.

I will then be 9 months since Ngannou beat Miocic if they (Ngannou/Gane) fight in December.

Back