NFL players are D Level athletes.

Agreed. NFL fatasses have nothing on the average mma athlete. Footballs sucks and their athletes are soft.

Fighting another man >>> Running, pushing and catching a ball

lmao

bj-penn-pool-jump-o.gif

Penn pretty much jumped his whole height from water too bro. Just takes a lot of leg strength and dexterity.

Stands on a plastic milk crate at the bottom of the pool. His knees penetrate the surface of the water wbich means his knees are either a foot from the surface or he propels himself up 3'-0" with bent knees underwater which we all know cant be done. BJ Penn is full of it folks. Debunked.

Last edited:
I actually think on the average Baseball players are the worst. They might play a ton of games but for the most part don't do much, aside from the pitcher. Is it hard to hit a fastball for a home run? Sure. But a Right fielder stands out there for how many minutes of the game and does nothing.

NBA players run and run, sure thing but for the most part its endurance and hand eye.

NHL players skate, hit, fight, have great hand eye and play often.

NFL players, have such a wide array of skills I think its tough. A wide receiver is strong and fast, with great hand eye. A running back is strong and has great stamina. A linebacker is quick and strong. Sure you have the offensive lineman or defensive lineman who are strong but don't have to run like crazy.

Take it on the average and I would rank it like this when it comes to overall athletic ability on average:
NHL
NFL
NBA
Golf
Cricket
MLB

I don't think MMA really fits because to fight in the UFC you have to be a freakish athlete.

You went too far. Golfers are better athletes than baseball players? I get what you're saying about baseball having down time, but golfers don't run at all. Can't have much more down time than that. And there's more standing around in cricket than baseball.

These people must think that Olympic gymnasts are the best fighters in the world.

You're probably right.

These are the people that think huge muscles = amazing athlete.

They don't understand that there are is a wide variety of different kind of athletes out there. Nick Diaz is a good athlete, but not in a way that means he's super explosive and powerful. He's a triathlete, that shit is not easy. There are tons of these 'a-level' athletes people on here talk about that wouldn't be able to complete a single triathlon.

Take Yoel Romero for example - he's a fantastic athlete. He's strong, fast, explosive, etc, but do you think he'd be able to finish a triathlon? No, he wouldn't. He'd gas out and would never make it to the finish line. There are different kind of athletes out there that are useful for different things in MMA/fighting in general.

Chad Mendes is a great athlete, but he got destroyed by McGregor badly, someone who isn't on his level in terms of athleticism. It's not about who the best athlete is. It's about fighting. It's about skill. It's not about what your body can do and what others can't do. Your mind is just as important as your body is in a fight, a lot of great, "a-level" athletes don't have that and they get crushed by lesser athletes all the fucking time, because they're mentally stronger and because they're simply a better fucking fighter.

Being the strongest, quickest/most explosive doesn't mean you'll be a great fighter. I'm not saying Mendes and Romero aren't fantastic fighters, just that this whole 'a-level athlete with 2 months training = GOAT' is very stupid. Those guys would get crushed in MMA very easily.

Starting NFL quarterbacks get 20 million a year. Starting Offensive tackles and pass rushers get 15 mil a year. MLB players play 162 times a year, NBA players play 82 and NHL players play about the same as NBA. NFL players only play 16 games a year. Most players have from January to August off also, so you get 7 to 8 months off. NBA season ends in April for non playoff teams so you only get May to September off, so you get 5 months off, then you have to play almost every other day in season. MLB players usually play until end of September and only get like 5 months off. They then basically play everyday until the end of the season getting a day off like once a week. Give me 1 day a week for 16 weeks over having to travel every other day and basically have no time off.

All your facts are correct.

But it's pretty hilarious that you're using them to try to suggest there are guys out there deciding between baseball and football who are going "We-ell... sure I could get paid more if I played baseball, and I probably wouldn't end up with brain damage... but who cares about that shit? Daddy needs dat vacation time!"

People that knock Mitrione have to remember that he is part of the small percentage that even made it to professional football. He's a very gifted athlete, but that has not led to him being HW champion. Regardless of whether or not he was a starter, he's still represents a very small percentage of the population. There's more to being a fighter than just athleticism.

Starting NFL quarterbacks get 20 million a year. Starting Offensive tackles and pass rushers get 15 mil a year. MLB players play 162 times a year, NBA players play 82 and NHL players play about the same as NBA. NFL players only play 16 games a year. Most players have from January to August off also, so you get 7 to 8 months off. NBA season ends in April for non playoff teams so you only get May to September off, so you get 5 months off, then you have to play almost every other day in season. MLB players usually play until end of September and only get like 5 months off. They then basically play everyday until the end of the season getting a day off like once a week. Give me 1 day a week for 16 weeks over having to travel every other day and basically have no time off.

NFL rosters are more than double the size of other major sports meaning there is less money to spread around.

Back