NFL players are D Level athletes.

Ginn

[̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]
@Green
Reaction score
NFL players are the worst paid athletes out of the 4 major sports in the US. They also have short careers and suffer chronic brain injuries.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbad...ry-nearly-double-nfls-but-trails-nba-players/

Major League Baseball is flush with cash right now thanks to skyrocketing TV rights fees, both local and national. The latest example is the $210 million, seven-year contract handed out to Max Scherzer this week by the Washington Nationals (the deal is valued at $191 million by MLB because of $105 million in deferred money). It is the biggest contract ever for a right-handed pitcher and only trails Clayton Kershaw

And you are an F level poster.

I sense a lack of UFC in this wasteland-worthy thread.

jpp-backflip-o.gif

323alcx.gif

Baseball and basketball players compete much more and ratchet up much more exposure. NFL players have the shortest season and the fewest televised competitions.

Starting NFL quarterbacks get 20 million a year. Starting Offensive tackles and pass rushers get 15 mil a year. MLB players play 162 times a year, NBA players play 82 and NHL players play about the same as NBA. NFL players only play 16 games a year. Most players have from January to August off also, so you get 7 to 8 months off. NBA season ends in April for non playoff teams so you only get May to September off, so you get 5 months off, then you have to play almost every other day in season. MLB players usually play until end of September and only get like 5 months off. They then basically play everyday until the end of the season getting a day off like once a week. Give me 1 day a week for 16 weeks over having to travel every other day and basically have no time off.

Uhh no TS

Just take a look at this for an example of D-level athletes

sher.jpg

NFL players only play 16 games plus playoffs, and they're not paid less than NHL players.

Athletes can't just choose what sport they're good at, despite what sherdog thinks.

I actually think on the average Baseball players are the worst. They might play a ton of games but for the most part don't do much, aside from the pitcher. Is it hard to hit a fastball for a home run? Sure. But a Right fielder stands out there for how many minutes of the game and does nothing.

NBA players run and run, sure thing but for the most part its endurance and hand eye.

NHL players skate, hit, fight, have great hand eye and play often.

NFL players, have such a wide array of skills I think its tough. A wide receiver is strong and fast, with great hand eye. A running back is strong and has great stamina. A linebacker is quick and strong. Sure you have the offensive lineman or defensive lineman who are strong but don't have to run like crazy.

Take it on the average and I would rank it like this when it comes to overall athletic ability on average:
NHL
NFL
NBA
Golf
Cricket
MLB

I don't think MMA really fits because to fight in the UFC you have to be a freakish athlete.

Back