NFL players are D Level athletes.

And of course, idiots cannot resist but feeding the troll.

You just say what you say because you are a skinny suburban guy who is intimidated by big bad black men and want to feel good about yourself while voting for anyone whose last name is Bush.

It is not hard to skate if you practice doing it.

Try running at high speed while dribbling a ball and trying to make accurate shots into a basket ten feet high in the air while other 6'7 tall men try to take that ball away from you...All without double dribbling or losing the ball.

Now I am not saying Hockey does not take lots of skills because it does. All these sports takes skills. But you are coming on here acting all condescending and shit.

Well you are clearly a fan of basketball and i clearly prefer hockey, that being said, running and dribbling a ball IS easier then skating while handling a tiny puck with a stick while all the while trying not to get decapitated by a guy coming at you at 20 miles per hour.

Well you are clearly a fan of basketball and i clearly prefer hockey, that being said, running and dribbling a ball IS easier then skating while handling a tiny puck with a stick while all the while trying not to get decapitated by a guy coming at you at 20 miles per hour.

No you forgot one thing. Running and dribbling a ball while aiming to throw the ball in a hoop.

I suggest you go try dribbling a ball up and down a basketball court without traveling or double dribbling while someone chases you.

I bet you that you will lose the ball many times.

You know that guy in the gif you replied to is 6'4", right?

Comparing a 5'9" McGregor to a 6'4" athletic fucking monster is a little dumb. Also, what McGregor is trying to do, most people can't do that on their first few tries. Actually, most people in this world can't do what McGregor was trying to do in general. You can't do it, either.

Who cares if he isn't as athletic as JJ fucking Watt. Conor is fast, powerful, has some decent cardio and is doing great in his sport. MMA is one of those sports you don't have to be the greatest athlete around to be successful. It's all about skill and dedication, not about being born with more impressive physical traits.

I expect some goof will talk about how these 'A-level' athletes would come over with 2 months of training and dominate, but that's really not the case. It doesn't really have anything to do with how athletic you are. It's about skill and dedication. We've seen guys who aren't even fucking CLOSE to being as athletic as their opponent but still beat their ass very easily.

Oh well, at least McGregor is trying to better himself as an athlete and fighter. Meanwhile we have idiots on here with man boobs saying how he's a shitty athlete, while comparing him to JJ Watt, that guy is a fucking monster. Go look him up. He's a fucking monster athlete. Some are simply just better than others in terms of athleticism. Yoel Romero is a hell of an athlete, but if he didn't possess the skills he does right now, he would not be a top guy, not even close. Hard work, dedication, all that is more important than simply being physically more impressive. Amazing athleticism can only take you so far in fighting, if you don't have the skill, you will not be the best.

/rant

Agreed. Although I think with the depth of the heavier divisions, it's highly plausible that you could take an elite HW athlete and with a few years heavy training at a top camp he could pose a threat. There's not even enough HW's that can 2 rounds without getting tired.

But I think people underestimate the mindset that it takes to fight, it's not a ball game. And some people, just suck at fighting...a lot of people just can move that way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back