NFL Discussion: Washington .......

Should the Redskins be renamed?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its hilarious that not kneeling is drawing some of the very same reactions that kneeling originally did.

How about everyone just be entitled to their opinions and we all move the fuck on living together like adults. Despite social medias best efforts its actually perfectly ok to disagree lol.

we have done it for years with only calling each other racists or queers

The world needs more Sherdog SB posters

Not panic time, but man that would be some shit if they didnt lock Kittle up.

I didn't watch him on PFT, but he said he expects to be at training camp. lol @ Silver speculating. It's a tough negotiation, Niners can keep his rights for 3 years for below the TE market (Under control this season + 2 franchise tags). He is more valuable then a TE, but you have way less leverage because the franchise tag for a TE is so low. Really trying to find the balance of overpaying a guy for his position (he's worth it) vs saving money because he only has so much leverage and the salary cap is about to be royally fucked by a pandemic.

I didn't watch him on PFT, but he said he expects to be at training camp. lol @ Silver speculating. It's a tough negotiation, Niners can keep his rights for 3 years for below the TE market (Under control this season + 2 franchise tags). He is more valuable then a TE, but you have way less leverage because the franchise tag for a TE is so low. Really trying to find the balance of overpaying a guy for his position (he's worth it) vs saving money because he only has so much leverage and the salary cap is about to be royally fucked by a pandemic.
Silver is one of the only media guys thats trustworthy tbh. I dont think its a dire situation, but I do think some disagreement on that conttact is expected.

Makes sense that Raiders fans are salty for serving the Chiefs so many wins over the last few years. Delivering a meal to a Chiefs’ fan was the straw that broke the degen’s back.
Swing and a miss

Silver is one of the only media guys thats trustworthy tbh. I dont think its a dire situation, but I do think some disagreement on that conttact is expected.
Eh he's not terrible but he was the guy that started the "Jimmy could be benched" story after a bad preseason practice last year, which was silly. I almost felt bad for him because he's been mocked over the Hue Jackson saga, but this is another one of his stories that is totally speculation on his part that blows up into a story

Someone is def gonna be signing AB. 8 games really isn’t all that bad considering all the bullshit he’s done since being out of the league.

Eh he's not terrible but he was the guy that started the "Jimmy could be benched" story after a bad preseason practice last year, which was silly. I almost felt bad for him because he's been mocked over the Hue Jackson saga, but this is another one of his stories that is totally speculation on his part that blows up into a story
Doubt its all speculation but ok. As I said, not a panic. But given the position and his performance there is probably going to be some speed bumps. Like when Jimmy Graham wanted a new deal at WR pay.

Doubt its all speculation but ok. As I said, not a panic. But given the position and his performance there is probably going to be some speed bumps. Like when Jimmy Graham wanted a new deal at WR pay.

They are struggling with a deal, but the "I would sit out the season if I was him" was totally speculation, or what mike silver would do. He's not a UFA or even a RFA, he's still under contract. They are trying to take care of him now but he's still signed with the team, so it doesn't have to get done before the year or even during (but it will)

They are struggling with a deal, but the "I would sit out the season if I was him" was totally speculation, or what mike silver would do. He's not a UFA or even a RFA, he's still under contract. They are trying to take care of him now but he's still signed with the team, so it doesn't have to get done before the year or even during (but it will)
Ya well obviously “if I was him” wasnt said as if it came from Kittles mouth lol.

I think weve seen being under contract means dick tbh. In no way am I saying this is similar, but if someone wants out theyll get out.

This is ridiculous. Bosa is a great player but no thank you.

Here are the full details of the deal Bosa signed this week, per a source with knowledge of the numbers.

1. Signing bonus: $35 million.

2. Fully-guaranteed roster bonus, due August 15: $7 million.

3. 2020 base salary: $1 million, fully guaranteed at signing.

4. 2021 base salary: $13.75 million, fully guaranteed at signing.

5. 2022 base salary: $21.25 million, fully guaranteed at signing.

6. 2023 base salary: $24 million, guaranteed for injury at signing, fully guaranteed as of the third day of the 2022 league year.

7. 2024 roster bonus: $7 million, due on the third day of the league year.

8. 2024 base salary: $15 million.

9. 2025 roster bonus: $8.36 million, due on the third day of the league year.

10. 2025 base salary: $17 million.

The $35 million signing bonus is second only to Aaron Donald among all defensive players; however, the $7 million roster bonus due in two weeks pushes the up-front take to $42 million for Bosa.

More significantly, Bosa becomes the first defensive player to get three years of compensation fully guaranteed at signing. That’s why the $78 million in full guarantees at signing lands at No. 4 all time, behind only Matt Ryan, Aaron Rodgers, and Kirk Cousins.

Bosa’s fourth year likely will be guaranteed, given that the $24 million injury-only base salary for 2023 vests in 2022. To avoid owing him the extra $24 million, the Chargers will have to pay him $78 million for two seasons of football.

While it’s not a half-billion-dollar deal like the one signed by one of the quarterbacks Bosa will keep chasing, the early cash flow for Bosa blows away the Patrick Mahomes deal. For example, Mahomes received a $10 million signing bonus, $25 million less than Bosa. Also, Mahomes will receive $10.825 million in 2020; Bosa gets $43 million.

Through two years, Mahomes gets $33.6 million. Bosa, in contrast, gets $56.75 million. Through three years, Mahomes will make $63 million. Bosa will make $78 million.

Ya well obviously “if I was him” wasnt said as if it came from Kittles mouth lol.

I think weve seen being under contract means dick tbh. In no way am I saying this is similar, but if someone wants out theyll get out.
That was the only thing newsworthy about the story and it was totally made up. See how many outlets have picked up the story "Kittle may opt out". Both sides have publicly stated they are working on a deal but that it's been tough.

Both sides benefit by getting a deal done this year. If Kittle opted out or played on this contract it hurts his total earnings even if he gets WR money. Being able to give him a raise this year helps the Niners buy down his future years, and making more then 0-2M this year helps Kittle's total earnings.

That was the only thing newsworthy about the story and it was totally made up. See how many outlets have picked up the story "Kittle may opt out". Both sides have publicly stated they are working on a deal but that it's been tough.

Both sides benefit by getting a deal done this year. If Kittle opted out or played on this contract it hurts his total earnings even if he gets WR money. Being able to give him a raise this year helps the Niners buy down his future years, and making more then 0-2M this year helps Kittle's total earnings.
Being far off on a deal for the best player at his position isnt newsworthy. Got it. We can move on now.

Being far off on a deal for the best player at his position isnt newsworthy. Got it. We can move on now.
Well the thing with news, is old stuff isn't really newsworthy. If I come in here next week listing the bosa contract like I'm breaking a story is it newsworthy?? Lol sorry didn't realize you were hung up on that part, I was bashing him for his opt out shit. Carry on

Well the thing with news, is old stuff isn't really newsworthy. If I come in here next week listing the bosa contract like I'm breaking a story is it newsworthy?? Lol sorry didn't realize you were hung up on that part, I was bashing him for his opt out shit. Carry on
Wont post anything remotely negative about the Niners again so we can avoid your going full McFly in their defense.

Wont post anything remotely negative about the Niners again so we can avoid your going full McFly in their defense.
-I said Silver is silly for his made up speculation because the same type of BS got legs last year when the rest of the bozo media starts reporting his ideas as stories.
-You defended Mike Silver more then I even defended the Niners, and everyone knows I'm a full blown niners homer.
-You agreed about his speculation shit.
-I let you know the Kittle stuff isn't really new, you can find stories from May basically saying the same stuff about the difficulty of his contract.
-We are debating nothing at this point lol
- I agree to your terms about never posting negative Niners stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back