• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PUO3

You are a can.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
So, my worthless opinion, its just best to not have a team named after a slur. Be it the majority or minority of people that are offended/not offended, its just best to go a different route.

As someone whose watched a team rebrand/move multiple times, I find it comical how attached people get to team’s “heritage” (for lack of a better term).

Nothing funnier than a shit team clinging to nothing but their name and history.

Borrow from up North.
DC Argos Or Senators, but pass on Ottawa’s Moniker.
UnsightlyUnsteadyKob-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:
One of the most racist NFL owners (Marshall) renamed the Team after a racial slur "Redskins".What's controversial about a name change exactly ?

Washington Commanders or Sentinals imo.

Team names are kind of silly to begin with IMO.
Just say "Washington vs. _____" on Sunday.

I mean the Utah "Beetdiggers"?
or Arkansas "Wampus Cats"?
"Washington Nimrods?" (real name btw)

It’s all the redskins have.

Shit I was talking about the browns

One of the most racist NFL owners (Marshall) renamed the Team after a racial slur "Redskins".What's controversial about a name change exactly ?

Washington Commanders or Sentinals imo.

Pigskins would be cool. Still have the skins as a shortened name, the colors can probably remain and you could argue it's a hogs reference, somehow.

“Redskins” has been their name for over 80 years. Suddenly people are offended by a team name and confederate statues that have been up for centuries? Sounds like an election year. Funny how no one had a problem with the Redskins name or these statues when Obama was president.

Dizzy posted a Berkeley study that questioned the following study but I think there’s still validity to a 500 person study:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/profoo...kins-name-finds-proud-most-common-answer/amp/

“Redskins” has been their name for over 80 years. Suddenly people are offended by a team name and confederate statues that have been up for centuries? Sounds like an election year. Funny how no one had a problem with the Redskins name or these statues when Obama was president.

Dizzy posted a Berkeley study that questioned the following study but I think there’s still validity to a 500 person study:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/profoo...kins-name-finds-proud-most-common-answer/amp/
Suddenly? People have been calling for a name change for a long ass time. Lol

Team names are kind of silly to begin with IMO.
Just say "Washington vs. _____" on Sunday.

I mean the Utah "Beetdiggers"?
or Arkansas "Wampus Cats"?
"Washington Nimrods?" (real name btw)

There's a highschool in Minnesota called the Awesome Blossoms

I think that'd be embarassing, but they're actually pretty good. So it must be a lot worse to be all the teams that lost to the Awesome Blossoms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back