NFL Discussion: Washington .......

Should the Redskins be renamed?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Warriors would be good. They could go back the 2002 helmets.

s-l300.jpg

“Redskins” has been their name for over 80 years. Suddenly people are offended by a team name and confederate statues that have been up for centuries? Sounds like an election year. Funny how no one had a problem with the Redskins name or these statues when Obama was president.

Dizzy posted a Berkeley study that questioned the following study but I think there’s still validity to a 500 person study:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/profoo...kins-name-finds-proud-most-common-answer/amp/
Snyder wants a new stadium.

Hmmm should we listen to Merriam-Webster // current dictionaries or Bamboozle on this, tough call

Ah yes, the current definition or practices means the intent of the past is meaningless argument.

You're an even bigger pussy tbh

Ah yes, the current definition or practices means the intent of the past is meaningless argument.

You're an even bigger pussy tbh
What does the intent of the past have to do with the current definition? You would be cool with a swastika on the helmet because "the intent of the past wasn't hateful"

What does the intent of the past have to do with the current definition? You would be cool with a swastika on the helmet because "the intent of the past wasn't hateful"

I'm a rational person who understands that the Washington Redskins wasn't meant to be a slur, and was meant to show strength.

Every time you see a swastika from another culture do you automatically assume Hitler was a time traveling space demon? Get fucking real.

Edit: Maybe with that line of logic you're using which is used to take down statues is right. The Natives lost the war lmao, remove everything honoring losers in America. No flags, no natives, only Barack Obama statues and maybe those of Oprah.

I'm a rational person who understands that the Washington Redskins wasn't meant to be a slur, and was meant to show strength.

Every time you see a swastika from another culture do you automatically assume Hitler was a time traveling space demon? Get fucking real.

Edit: Maybe with that line of logic you're using which is used to take down statues is right. The Natives lost the war lmao, remove everything honoring losers in America.
You for sure have a confederate flag hanging up

you sound like a fucking pussy

It's not a slur, I've said it before, they weren't the Pittsburgh Porch Monkeys or the Halifax Honkies.
Ill go ahead and take history and the opinions of Native Americans over yours.

Its like you are intentionally too stupid to do some reading.
Sept. 25, 1863: The Winona (Minn.) Daily Republican features an announcement that uses the term “redskin” as a pejorative: “The State reward for dead Indians has been increased to $200 for every red-skin sent to Purgatory. This sum is more than the dead bodies of all the Indians east of the Red River are worth.”

Nah, it's cool if someone does though. I judge people by the content of their character not a flag on their porch lmao
Said flag can be direct evidence of the content of their character you clown lol.

Ill go ahead and take history and the opinions of Native Americans over yours.

Its like you are intentionally too stupid to do some reading.

Yes, I'm aware of one person doing it. Do you think that the name of the redskins was to promote 200$ for every Redskin sent to purgatory? Was the team named because they wanted to be losers?

Said flag can be direct evidence of the content of their character you clown lol.

Could be, but usually isn't. I just got done talking to some younger kids last Saturday about using the N word. They weren't ill intended, they were just being brash and dumb.

Yes, I'm aware of one person doing it. Do you think that the name of the redskins was to promote 200$ for every Redskin sent to purgatory? Was the team named because they wanted to be losers?

Could be, but usually isn't. I just got done talking to some younger kids last Saturday about using the N word. They weren't ill intended, they were just being brash and dumb.
Now kids are comparable to dumb white trash home owners displaying the confederate flag lmao. Im done here. You are a waste of time if there ever were one.

Now kids are comparable to dumb white trash home owners displaying the confederate flag lmao. Im done here. You are a waste of time if there ever were one.

Nah, that wasn't the point dipshit. It's just showing people their own ignorance so that maybe it does enough to curb them in the right direction.

You also just made the same assumption on someone without knowing them personally.

Eat shit tbh

waiting for @Bamboozled to go to a reservation and call everyone there a redskin and say "i'm saying you have strength" lol

I'm not a degenerate gambler but last time I went I wasn't disappointed in the amount of stereotypes in which people will live up to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back