NFL Discussion: Washington .......

Should the Redskins be renamed?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
“Redskins” has been their name for over 80 years. Suddenly people are offended by a team name and confederate statues that have been up for centuries? Sounds like an election year. Funny how no one had a problem with the Redskins name or these statues when Obama was president.

Dude just use Google and see that this post is 100% wrong. Lol seesh

There's a highschool in Minnesota called the Awesome Blossoms

I think that'd be embarassing, but they're actually pretty good. So it must be a lot worse to be all the teams that lost to the Awesome Blossoms
Embarrassed to say so but my HS team name was The Frogs.
Carle Place, NY (Originally "Frog Hollow") not making this up.

“Redskins” has been their name for over 80 years. Suddenly people are offended by a team name and confederate statues that have been up for centuries? Sounds like an election year. Funny how no one had a problem with the Redskins name or these statues when Obama was president.

Dizzy posted a Berkeley study that questioned the following study but I think there’s still validity to a 500 person study:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/profoo...kins-name-finds-proud-most-common-answer/amp/
Tbh, it has been a point of contention for a long time but has finally gained traction during this time of social upheaval.

So red wolves is the front runner, I kinda like it over some of the suggestions I’ve heard

Little Rona positivity for the crazy infection numbers. I think theres going to be a huge number of players who miss some time with it, but things look somewhat encouraging.

Pretty damn impressive.

Pretty damn impressive.

A kid getting one over on Reek?

tenor.gif

Hope he made it home safely.

How good are the Patriots at managing cap space you ask?

They freed up almost exactly the max money they’d have to pay Cam Newton for 2020

A kid getting one over on Reek?

tenor.gif

Hope he made it home safely.
I have no doubt he considered snapping that arm in half.

So, my worthless opinion, its just best to not have a team named after a slur. Be it the majority or minority of people that are offended/not offended, its just best to go a different route.

As someone whose watched a team rebrand/move multiple times, I find it comical how attached people get to team’s “heritage” (for lack of a better term).

you sound like a fucking pussy

It's not a slur, I've said it before, they weren't the Pittsburgh Porch Monkeys or the Halifax Honkies.

Fucking lol. These guys managed to make an already horrible situation worse

How good are the Patriots at managing cap space you ask?

They freed up almost exactly the max money they’d have to pay Cam Newton for 2020

I agree but that's a weird example to use - They got some money back from paying a killer who killed himself, and a looney tune who they paid to play one game for them lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back