NFL Discussion: Super Chokers choke again

TNF Thoughts?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Minimal running game is actually one of the top rushers in the league though.
Hadn't realized Carson had jumped up like that. I'll concede that point. They're running a lot, not the most efficient run team, but hard to argue with 750+ yds in 9 games.

Fuck the 5 win Raiders...and fuck all the cans theyre beating up on.

More padded record than that Russian Fedora.
How many more wins before you disappear from Sherdog again? That $500 8-8 not looking so hot huh.

It was clear as day that they’re thriving because of the running game. Like I said, he’s the AFC Captain Kirk. Everything they do is predicated off of how Cook goes, same with Jacobs.
Youre telling me a run game help a QB play better? Damn. Ground breaking.

Also lol if you think Cousins is “ok”. Ill happily take that level of “ok” QB production.

I thought Carr looked fine last night. Missed some throws he should have had, but overall did what he needed to do. No ridiculous mistakes, he's only got 4 picks on the season. He's not going to take over every game and carry the team to victory, but you can win with Derek Carr.

Youre telling me a run game and an o-line help a QB play better? Damn. Ground breaking.
Yes, and again, we saw Derek the past couple of seasons without that and he’s been meh to bad. Good for him for playing well under ideal circumstances.

screenshot_20181015-090637.jpg

Youre telling me a run game help a QB play better? Damn. Ground breaking.

Also lol if you think Cousins is “ok”. Ill happily take that level of “ok” QB production.
I'd take Carr over Cousins, until Cousins learns to ignore who his opponent is. Everytime a 'big game' comes it's like he has a mental breakdown or something.

Yes, and again, we saw Derek the past couple of seasons without that and he’s been meh to bad. Good for him for playing well under ideal circumstances.

screenshot_20181015-090637.jpg
Hard to do much with 54 sacks. Hes definitely not Watson with Nuk.

Let the hate flow through you.

Rivers did more for the Raiders to win than Carr did. But I'm sure Raider fans will take it either way. Think they can make a run for the last playoff spot now.

Derek and Cousins can get you wins if they have ideal circumstances. They aren’t game changers and they don’t take over either.

They’re fine. Better than most but the difference between them and the next tier is very significant.

Rivers did more for the Raiders to win than Carr did. But I'm sure Raider fans will take it either way. Think they can make a run for the last playoff spot now.
Jacobs is the MVP there.

Rivers is the true Raider mvp

Derek and Cousins can get you wins if they have ideal circumstances. They aren’t game changers and they don’t take over either.

They’re fine. Better than most but the difference between them and the next tier is very significant.
Having had Flacco for the past decade, I'm used to defending that type of QB play. Flacco only ever took over games in the 'yoffs. I literally struggle to remember more than 3 or 4 regular season games where he lifted the team in the 10 years he was here.

My only point on Carr would be, you can drive yourself nuts by spending resources trying to upgrade that position, or you can accept a quality game manager and build a sick team around them. I'd choose the latter almost any time, unless the QB is getting old.

Ideal circumstances. This guy is possibly his WR1 for fucks sake. Hes got some good maulers in front of him and a badass rookie RB. Lets stop pretending hes playing with a stacked team.
hunter-renfrow.jpg

Rivers is the true Raider mvp

Rivers cant block for himself. His line got absolutely obliterated.

I thought it was insane how they abandoned the run. Gordon was tearing shit up last night. And not using a fantastic pass catching RB in Ekeler against the worst LB group in the league? Terrible.

Having had Flacco for the past decade, I'm used to defending that type of QB play. Flacco only ever took over games in the 'yoffs. I literally struggle to remember more than 3 or 4 regular season games where he lifted the team in the 10 years he was here.

My only point on Carr would be, you can drive yourself nuts by spending resources trying to upgrade that position, or you can accept a quality game manager and build a sick team around them. I'd choose the latter almost any time, unless the QB is getting old.
I’m not saying the Raiders couldn’t do worse. Obviously there’s garbage out there (a good portion of which is currently on Denver’s roster) but I’m not sure why saying he’s ok is controversial at all.

You’re exactly right. He’s a game manager. I don’t really consider a game manager anything more than an average to above average.

Rivers cant block for himself. His line got absolutely obliterated.

I thought it was insane how they abandoned the run. Gordon was tearing shit up last night. And not using a fantastic pass catching RB in Ekeler against the worst LB group in the league? Terrible.
Meh. With 3 time outs and all he tried to do was throw it down the field. Never took what the raiders gave him. It was terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back