Crime New York has a Brand.... Squatters

I'm pondering at what point the stratification of wealth becomes intolerably grotesque.

One person has two homes - he + family live in his house in the town on workdays, and spend weekends and holidays in the country house. This is an example of the thin end of the wedge.

One person has 500 homes. He + family live in three, at different times of the year, he rents out 470, and 29 sit vacant. Thousands of miles from where he lives, in different countries, on different continents. They've been vacant for 15 years and he's never even visited them. This is more the thick end of the wedge. How offended would you be if someone squatted in one of these houses?

You can apply this across the economy.

Thin end of the wedge: Someone opens a small cobblers and works 50 hours a week, doing some 'front line' work and all of the managing. He employs two people, whom he took on as apprentices and trained up. He pays them less than their labour is worth and keeps all the profit.

Thick end of the wedge: Someone hires financial experts to buy and sell shares for him. The companies are in different continents. He knows nothing about the companies or the work they do. He knows nothing about dealing shares. 100,000 people have part of their pay for every hour they work sent to this person. He does no work, has never done any work, would be incapable of the work, and is paid millions a year. They do the most and hardest work and get paid a poverty wage.
<escalate99>
Not sure why someone with 2 homes would be the thin edge, as that is more common than 1 person owning 500.

Still, my point was, when I get my cabin on my 40acres, are there people here that think it should be fair game for anyone to just help themselves because I only make it there once a year?

<escalate99>
Not sure why someone with 2 homes would be the thin edge, as that is more common than 1 person owning 500.

Still, my point was, when I get my cabin on my 40acres, are there people here that think it should be fair game for anyone to just help themselves because I only make it there once a year?

As someone who owns 168 houses, in multiple countries, my family and I live in 6, we rent out 147, and 15 I leave purposely vacant as part of a long term study on how dust accumulates in vacant houses and how it compares to vacant houses in other countries. I wonder which edge I am closest too

<escalate99>

yes there are and its really hard to believe...

It's really not, if you follow the pattern of leftists. My question is, when do people like you stop voting for it? Where is your red line?
Way too many other ways more important issues to vote on that issue or a trans issue either.

Trump is also a hard red line.

@Sinister this thread is proof that your mentally ill.

Your shit takes are why the lower orders shouldn't deliberate on political matters. It's the weak reinforcing the weak, that's your schtick. Imagine defending criminals and criticizing homeowners with respect to squatters rights.

Yes its called solidarity. A wild concept to some.

It's really not, if you follow the pattern of leftists. My question is, when do people like you stop voting for it? Where is your red line?
That's your opinion. I have very different values that you. I think Republicans are genuinely spiritually less evolved on almost every single level. They are the children of the world.

Way too many other ways more important issues to vote on that issue or a trans issue either.

Trump is also a hard red line.
Well, then enjoy squatters being able to kick people out of their own home, men being allowed to shower with little girls, and massive theft being looked at as reparations for minorities.

Don't bitch if you don't actually care. Rubber stamp that degeneracy, and then act all confused when it continues to go further and further, to the point where you don't have an alternative. Trump's a no good scoundrel after all...

Well, then enjoy squatters being able to kick people out of their own home, men being allowed to shower with little girls, and massive theft being looked at as reparations for minorities.

Don't bitch if you don't actually care. Rubber stamp that degeneracy, and then act all confused when it continues to go further and further, to the point where you don't have an alternative. Trump's a no good scoundrel after all...
You have such a small mind. I find it funny sometimes.

Well, we can't all believe in inter-dimensional Bigfoot, like your big brain does.

Like I said, enjoy the things you vote for.
You reveal yourself here. So petty and small minded. I feel sorry for you often.

I have no idea how adverse possession law works in New York or the US in general, but they should just do away with it through legislation. We did that here in Alberta about five years ago. Our adverse possession law was already limited to extremely rare circumstances, and required the “squatter” to have occupied the land for 10 years in order to supersede the rights of the legal owner, but either way at the legislative level our lawmakers just said this is stupid as fuck so they wiped it out completely.

It must be significantly shorter in New York/the US for this actually have suddenly become a real problem with illegal immigrants.

in the real world it should not be mandatory for a homeowner to have to install security cameras to keep people from breaking into their properties and squatting in them.
In the places these cockroaches are invading the majority of the citizens aren't allowed or don't have guns and the liberal policies and laws in these cities favor the criminal.....
It's not the homeowners responsibility to jump through a bunch of hoops because someone broke into their home. It should be up to the criminals to jump through a bunch of hoops to prove they aren't a criminal.

What you have here is misplaced empathy. Empathy for squatters and trespassers, but ZERO for homeowners .

ANY squatter sympathy can only come from like-minded scumbag thieves.

Back