new ufc drug czar to personally tail fighters

The tinfoil is strong. The UFC doesn't handle the testing. USADA does. And they are not going to risk their legitimacy by leaking some TMZ shit to the UFC.

You are so naive. Info is leaked about drug failures and inconsistencies all the time. You think some government employee isn't above spilling some secrets to make a little on the side? That's how they get away with it, gullible people who think it can't possibly happen.

Except the UFC dont actually have access to that information.

The UFC will have access to athletes test results, and possibly their bio passport information. Whereabouts information is shared with USADA and Collection Agencies. Not UFC

And besides, if you are sleeping around on your wife perhaps a sport in the public eye isnt the job for you :D

You have to be kidding, that's one of the perks of being a pro athlete getting paid millions... the chicks.

Looking through stuff found a bunch of interesting quotes regarding whereabouts..

Anni Freisinger (Speed Skater)
“Once we get used to the system, it is no problem. I am no computer expert but it is easy to submit my whereabouts in ADAMS. You can update your information at all times, even by text message or by calling your anti-doping organization. Therefore I have no understanding for athletes who complain about the system. This system helps us catch the cheats and protect the credibility of sport.”

Thomas Voeckler (Cycling)
“Of course giving your whereabouts is demanding, but it is normal to request top athletes from all sports to do it. I prefer losing time to provide my whereabouts with the hope that there will be fewer cheaters. Enhancing the number of out-of-competition tests is a good thing.”

Tina Hellabaut (athletics)
“I consider this responsibility to be part of my job, like an office employee who has to be in the office at certain times.

Kate Haywood (swimming)
"All you have to do is go online and say where you will be. When it first came in it was a bit of a pain but once you have done it the first time it is pretty easy."

Sabine Spitz (Mountain Biking)
“I do not understand why the whereabouts rules create so much controversy. For clean athletes there is no issue whatsoever. It strengthens chances to catch cheats. The objective of the rule is to protect clean athletes. Submitting whereabouts takes time, but whereabouts can always be updated.”

And then of course we have Tennis :D

Serena Williams
"over the top" and "very invasive."

Andy Murray
"so draconian that it makes it almost impossible to live a normal life."'

Funny how people call for stricter drug testing, and then when it comes, we hear this.

When did I call for stricter drug testing? Funny how you have to use a false choice to make your argument work.

Privacy is more important to us, so it's hard to accept a program that requires you to give your whereabouts and basically any freedom of movement.

Well if you dont like the UFC testing program you have a simple option. Leave the UFC, find a job somewhere else.

Being a fighter is a privalege, not a right.

You are so naive. Info is leaked about drug failures and inconsistencies all the time. You think some government employee isn't above spilling some secrets to make a little on the side? That's how they get away with it, gullible people who think it can't possibly happen.

Please provide ONE, just one example of a drug failure under the auspices of USADA being leaked and a USADA employee spilling the beans

Well if you dont like the UFC testing program you have a simple option. Leave the UFC, find a job somewhere else.

Being a fighter is a privalege, not a right.

We've had two young guys quit in the last 2 weeks, and 2 other veterans recently say that fighting is no longer worth it to them. One their marquee guys retired rather than put up with the UFC's bs. Be careful with sentiments like "love it or leave it." You might find a lot of people will leave.

Funny how you are so narcissistic to think that post was all about you.

Wow, a diagnosis of narcissism based off of two sentences. Very impressive. I didn't think the post was "all about me". You quoted me and I pointed out that your argument is fallacious. (that means it's shit). Instead of responding to that, you moved on to an ad hominem attack. That means you attacked the person, rather than the position they are arguing, which is another tactic of someone who knows they have nothing to stand on.

Well people has been making a huge fuzz about drug testing, honestly I always thought ignorance is blizz and fight night testing for everyone and with random drug testing for championship fights was enough. But the UFC is taking this shit seriously

I'm ok with this drug testing policy honestly. If were not going to make everything legal then we need to be real strict like this. Listening to this guy and how easy it is to cheat it's really crazy.

We Americans have a Constitution which protects us from the very issues for which we left Europe in the first place and a 2nd Amendment which protects our right to carry assault weapons. Privacy is more important to us, so it's hard to accept a program that requires you to give your whereabouts and basically any freedom of movement.

Your right that's why when I find out a job does random drug test guess what I do? I leave. I don't apply to that company or I just find a new job one of the other. If the fighters don't like it leave and go to another company where your not subjected to being treated like a slave.

Your right that's why when I find out a job does random drug test guess what I do? I leave. I don't apply to that company or I just find a new job one of the other. If the fighters don't like it leave and go to another company where your not subjected to being treated like a slave.

There are plenty of fast food joints but only a few MMA orgs, so it's not like fighters have a lot of options. But now it seems they are taking the option to not fight in the UFC. That hurts the sport and the fans.

We've had two young guys quit in the last 2 weeks, and 2 other veterans recently say that fighting is no longer worth it to them. One their marquee guys retired rather than put up with the UFC's bs. Be careful with sentiments like "love it or leave it." You might find a lot of people will leave.

And for every one person that leaves, theres ten people queuing up to get in.

If fighters leave because they have an issue with what it takes to make the sport cleaner, then, dont let the door hit you on the way out.

There are plenty of fast food joints but only a few MMA orgs, so it's not like fighters have a lot of options. But now it seems they are taking the option to not fight in the UFC. That hurts the sport and the fans.

Theres plenty of MMA orgs.

onefc
WSOF
Bellator
Cage Rage
M1
Jungle fights
LFC
TFC

I could go on if you need me to.

And for every one person that leaves, theres ten people queuing up to get in.

If fighters leave because they have an issue with what it takes to make the sport cleaner, then, dont let the door hit you on the way out.

Theres plenty of MMA orgs.

onefc
WSOF
Bellator
Cage Rage
M1
Jungle fights
LFC
TFC

I could go on if you need me to.

Quantity doesn't make up for quality.

Maybe not. But having athletes that are committed to a clean sport, more than makes up for losing those that arent.

Come on, man, they been trying to clean up cycling and the Olympics with these kinds of policies for years, and if you believe they've succeeded then you're less of a cynic than I am.

I bet these testers make a lot more on average than the fighters they are testing.

rank & file cyclists and national team athletes have been doing this for years.

it is not that big of a deal.

it is simply necessary in order to do random drug tests. if you don't know where an athlete is going to be, then you can't test them randomly.

that's it.

So all of this money and time and it doesn't work.

Come on, man, they been trying to clean up cycling and the Olympics with these kinds of policies for years, and if you believe they've succeeded then you're less of a cynic than I am.

Thats irrelevant to the argument. (Cycling is improving, far from clean but improving. Olympics? They havnt even tried)

The point isnt about UFC being a clean sport or not.

Its about the people employed as athletes at least wanting to try and do the right thing.

An athlete that accepts the whereabouts system is extra work but is happy to do it because they believe in clean sport, has my vote over an athlete who leaves the UFC because they have issues with the whereabouts system.

So all of this money and time and it doesn't work.

Out of competition testing most certainly does work. Dont see "cycling" and think Armstrong got away with it. That was 10-15 years ago. He wasnt around when there was out of competition random testing.

Thats not to say random ooc testing catches everyone, it doesnt, it catches a very small percentage. But its one of several tools anti doping bodies have.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back