new ufc drug czar to personally tail fighters

No big deal. Its part of being in the biggest and best MMA organization in the world.

No big deal. Its part of being in the biggest and best MMA organization in the world.

Not sure if serious... you think sacrificing health, retirement plan, personal freedom and liberty (I.e. no more "me and the boys are going out drinking, who knows where we will end up") for like 30k a year is a good deal?

Not sure if serious... you think sacrificing health, retirement plan, personal freedom and liberty (I.e. no more "me and the boys are going out drinking, who knows where we will end up") for like 30k a year is a good deal?

Ok first off you're taking the MINIMUM fight pay not including any type of bonus which has been stated happens a lot, not to mention the submission/KO/FOTN bonus. Second, if I had the choice to go out and fight in the UFC for 30k a year + bonuses I would take it in a second because that 30k could become way more depending on how good you are, and how many fights you win. If you arent good enough to be good in the UFC or win a lot, you have no business being in the organization. That 30k this year could mean 100k next year, or 200k-500k the following, or 1m the next, again, depending on how good you are. Lastly, no one is forcing them into the UFC or into 'no retirement' or 'no freedom or liberty'(lol).

What is your agenda mate

Agenda? What because i explained to people how the whereabouts system works because multiple people either dont know, or are getting the wrong idea about it or what it entails.

Posting information means you have an agenda?

In fact, the question of "what is my agenda" doesnt even make sense. What possibly could my "agenda" be. I am trying to trick someone into, I dont know. Maybe im going to start a management company offering to handle peoples whereabouts for them and im just posting to build up my rep before offering my services.

From what I posted, which was just factual info, what agenda could I possibly even have?

Im more interested in what your Agenda is in trying to make someone who is doing their best to be informative look like they are trying to have an agenda?

TBH, Im happy and I think it benefits all honest fighters. Who knows how long Franklin would have reigned had super steroid Silva not came along and made him look like a deer in the headlights with that super steroid Thai plum. PED's have taken the bread off way too many an honest person's table and artificially changed the evolution and landscape of this game. People that cheat are the equivalent to line cutters at the amusement park, they just make everyone wait longer and some people never even get their turn, simply because someone came along and found a way to get ahead without working. So although it may be inconvenient and seemingly excessive, it will be best for everyone, especially those belonging to the future.

Good post.

I have to think what would I prefer as a fighter, filling out some form for 15 minutes and peeing in a container or facing a roided up anderson silva in a professional cage fighter and then undergoing 48 hours of plastic surgery, with my nose disfigured for the rest of my life.

Seems like a no brainer.

rank & file cyclists and national team athletes have been doing this for years.

it is not that big of a deal.

it is simply necessary in order to do random drug tests. if you don't know where an athlete is going to be, then you can't test them randomly.

that's it.

Man, rising fighters have the dream of hitting the big time in the UFC. They can start at 8k to show, 8k to win, get 2k for sponsorship. If they fight three times a year thats $30,000... and after training/manager costs, they get to keep around half of that. That's not including all the reebok gear they could ever need.

Man, I wish I weren't too old to start training full time and I could get in there and make it big. I don't think they have retirement plans or insurance though. All they gotta do is give up their physical/mental health and privacy and freedom.
/sarcasm

WTF, who would wanna be a fucking fighter? The only people that will do this shit in the future are Zuffa pets who get everything handed to them for being "marketable". Sport is shit.

Because it's alot better when you get paid 8/8 and your opponent is/could be using peds?

I think alot of fighters don't mind giving up some of their privacy to make sure their opponents are clean.

Athletes in a lot of other sports have already been dealing with this kind of stuff for years.

czar Putin approves
PUTINCZAR.png

Do Brazillian fighters get a pass?

Agenda? What because i explained to people how the whereabouts system works because multiple people either dont know, or are getting the wrong idea about it or what it entails.

Posting information means you have an agenda?

In fact, the question of "what is my agenda" doesnt even make sense. What possibly could my "agenda" be. I am trying to trick someone into, I dont know. Maybe im going to start a management company offering to handle peoples whereabouts for them and im just posting to build up my rep before offering my services.

From what I posted, which was just factual info, what agenda could I possibly even have?

Im more interested in what your Agenda is in trying to make someone who is doing their best to be informative look like they are trying to have an agenda?

better zip up your agenda is showing shill paid poster

What happens if they want to test you while you're at work, and your real job doesn't want them on their property because you are being paid to do their work, not pee in someone else's cup?

Ok first off you're taking the MINIMUM fight pay not including any type of bonus which has been stated happens a lot, not to mention the submission/KO/FOTN bonus. Second, if I had the choice to go out and fight in the UFC for 30k a year + bonuses I would take it in a second because that 30k could become way more depending on how good you are, and how many fights you win. If you arent good enough to be good in the UFC or win a lot, you have no business being in the organization. That 30k this year could mean 100k next year, or 200k-500k the following, or 1m the next, again, depending on how good you are. Lastly, no one is forcing them into the UFC or into 'no retirement' or 'no freedom or liberty'(lol).

Take your 30K, pay your manager and gym fees and nutritionist. Still feel the same way about 15k? Also, 8 fighters on a card, even if your KO is more "spectacular", chances are they'd give it to someone more known (how many prelim guys get it, for example). Also, if you break your leg training and have to sit out, your missed paycheck is gone and UFC doesn't provide medical expenses for what you did in training.

If you'd still take it, more power to you. But you'd probably be much more comfortably if you didn't take it.

yeah........ tailing professional fighters, sounds like a great idea.

If some dude were to obviously tail Rafael Dos Anjos, there is a good chance that RDA would say "Who's this playboy?", pull over to the side of the road and stomp said dude worse than he did Pettis.

Or better yet: Imagine him pulling this stunt with Aldo? With one phone call Jose could get his Brazilian mob friends to carjack him and leave him stranded in the middle of Rio.

That's what I'm thinking. When you sign with the UFC, you sign away all your freedom. What other sport has these kinds of rules??

All the legit ones, like Olympics.

It takes less than one hour a year to do, and any changes can be updated in minutes.

I'd imagine Olympic athletes have people to handle this shit for them. Most fighters don't have the resources for that.

It takes almost no time to do, and I highly doubt they have people doing it for them. Would you put your Olympic career on the line because you couldn't take 15 minutes to fill it out?

It takes almost no time to do, and I highly doubt they have people doing it for them. Would you put your Olympic career on the line because you couldn't take 15 minutes to fill it out?

You're missing the point. It's not the inconvenience of having to track your whereabouts, its the invasion of privacy and being treated like a criminal under house arrest that is messed up.

Awesome to see a legitimate effort to curb PED usage in MMA.

Back