Social New study on CA's red flag law: law may have prevented murders

• Thread starter Deleted member 159002
  • Start date
I’m pretty sure we can all agree taking guns away from people might help prevent violence. It’s the whole going about it without it being abused and violating people’s rights without due process part that I think most take issue with.

Sums it up.

If you support “red flag laws” then you should have no problem with stop and frisk laws. They will certainly prevent gun violence. Stop and frisk has proven to reduce crime.

Absolutely. But they'll rationalize their inconsistency because they wanna see white gun owners targeted, not black & Hispanic street criminals.

Nobody complains about how people get put on the no-fly list.

There's not enough complaining, but when the topic arises it's clear many are against the (stupid fuckin') practice.

Nobody complains about how people get put on the no-fly list.

General consensus is "you earned that"

Look at this the same way.

Brb checking Constitution for the right to fly.

Before you know it, it will be computers and web capable phones. Some will just be too dangerous to have them.

Look out bitches....

Ahhh i get it, yall remember how the Patriot Act went and are afraid the same shortsighted-ness will be applied here.

I get it.

Yall know it's gonna happen again if we can't findba common ground tho, right?

Perhaps turning our backs on the mentally ill and making them the sacrificial lambs, is what will save our rights?

Just an idea.

Back