Social New study on CA's red flag law: law may have prevented murders

• Thread starter Deleted member 159002
  • Start date
I hope this is the same energy you had when you saw Pool Patrol Paula, BBQ Becky, Permit Patty, KOA Karen, and Officer Combat Roll were attempting to spread their special brand of Authoritarianism.

Bbq Becky said they need a permit for bbq. That’s different.

Combat roll cop was hilariously trying to get teens out of a private pool party they weren’t invited to.

Permit patty was lawfully correct that the mom and child needed a permit to sell and shouldn’t set up shop st the front door entrance to her building.

Those are real things.

Red flags are not. Lefty with a grudge laws are what these are. It’s thrown away due process. And it’ll become more common.

The establishment will always use a media driven crisis to enact sweeping unconstitutional change. See the patriot act

Bbq Becky said they need a permit for bbq. That’s different.

Combat roll cop was hilariously trying to get teens out of a private pool party they weren’t invited to.

Permit patty was lawfully correct that the mom and child needed a permit to sell and shouldn’t set up shop st the front door entrance to her building.

Those are real things.

Red flags are not. Lefty with a grudge laws are what these are. It’s thrown away due process. And it’ll become more common.

The establishment will always use a media driven crisis to enact sweeping unconstitutional change. See the patriot act

Man hell naw!

You didn't just wittle that bullshit down to the individuals... Damn.

I look at this shit differently.
I don't think it should be that damn easy to get a gun or even maintain one. I try not to throw my military career around too much, but man, hell no, I've served with some fucking morons who shouldn't even have been entrusted with a Gerber much less a daggum Weapon.

Just cause you take your rights serious, and are self disciplined to the Nth degree don't mean the mother fucker next to you is.

I mean shit... You gotta be a perpetual fuckup to lose your rights thru red flags.

Gun nuts and abortion nuts need to sit down and get your shit straight because one argument tramples on the other.

At this point in history, you can’t be pro 2A and anti-abortion. The only people who’s right aren’t being shit on at this point is the NRA and gun dealers.

Not comparable. Anti abortion are for the rights of the unborn person being allowed the chance to live. That their lives shouldn't be tossed aside for such reasons that boil down to convenience and irresponsibility.

Your lack at even fundamentally understanding the position speaks volumes.

Not comparable. Anti abortion are for the rights of the unborn person being allowed the chance to live.

Your lack at even fundamentally understanding the position speaks volumes.

I’m not going to speak of the unborn person part as that has been discussed to death. For the sake of your argument you are protecting the right of the unborn fetus (child) while taking away the right of the mother yet you won’t protect the right to life of the children whom are already born because you don’t want to take away the right of someone who might get dragged into a red flag law?

Not really because Right now a bunch of Latinos are having their rights violated and the only people seem to care are not the ones claim “slippery slope”
Right now a bunch of Latinos are having their rights violated? Which Latinos and what rights are we talking about?

I’m not going to speak of the unborn person part as that has been discussed to death. For the sake of your argument you are protecting the right of the unborn fetus (child) while taking away the right of the mother yet you won’t protect the right to life of the children whom are already born because you don’t want to take away the right of someone who might get dragged into a red flag law?

Since the woman didn't just "woops" and create a person inside her, I should think actions have consequences. "I have no idea how that baby got in there, your honor!" Doesn't seem to sound plausible to me.

Yes. She's on the hook to play out the consequences of her actions of creating a person inside her that is now dependent on her for survival for at least 9 months.

Also, saying that they may have prevented murders seems a stretch. From the article

The researchers, including several who were involved in writing the GVRO law, reviewed 159 records of protection order cases from 2016 to 2018, but found no evidence that someone who had been placed under a GVRO committed homicide or suicide.

“We can’t prove that the orders in these 21 cases — that these orders prevented the shootings as opposed to something else, or that the shooters actually didn’t intend to go through with it.

All it shows is that none of the people who got red flagged killed anyone. What is the rate of people who make threatening statements to people who actually go through with a murder or mass shooting? If it's not a rate of more than 1 in 159 (or 21? Article contradicts itself) then this is just noise.

On that train of thought, who's to say you arent just extending someones pain and suffering, forcing them to take your voodootherapy and filling themselves with your serums that you (admittedly) arent sure will help? Why are you so sure that everyone wants what you're selling?

The left loves this KGB shit.

Turn on your neighbors. The Stalinist fear.

Hey that guy made a comment that he may be a conservative! Let’s contact the authorities and say he may be armed and wanting to harm someone.

Leftist authoritarianism will be defeated
Yeah this is the part that concerns me.

In a perfect world, yeah, if you go around saying you are going to shoot a place up, a call to authorities is needed and appropriate action is required.

But so easily abused. Of two minds on this one.

You want to talk slopes? Think about losing your right to due process.

Literally red flag laws lol.

Without due process you are arrested and your property is taken from you.

"Take the guns first, go through due process second" - Donald J. Trump

Also, saying that they may have prevented murders seems a stretch. From the article

The researchers, including several who were involved in writing the GVRO law, reviewed 159 records of protection order cases from 2016 to 2018, but found no evidence that someone who had been placed under a GVRO committed homicide or suicide.

“We can’t prove that the orders in these 21 cases — that these orders prevented the shootings as opposed to something else, or that the shooters actually didn’t intend to go through with it.

All it shows is that none of the people who got red flagged killed anyone. What is the rate of people who make threatening statements to people who actually go through with a murder or mass shooting? If it's not a rate of more than 1 in 159 (or 21? Article contradicts itself) then this is just noise.
This right here is what drives me nuts.

It didnt happen ipso facto what we did is why it didnt happen.

People do this shit all the time in all walks of life and it makes want to punch punch punch

I personally think alot of you have a problem with it because, of decisions your parents may have made with your behavioral meds.

Or people have an issue with them because your property can be taken from you without due process.

Or people have an issue with them because your property can be taken from you without due process.

Nobody complains about how people get put on the no-fly list.

General consensus is "you earned that"

Look at this the same way.

I personally think alot of you have a problem with it because, of decisions your parents may have made with your behavioral meds.

Pretty sure a good bit of yall took a liking to doing stupid shit in the mid to late 90's when Teenage Angst was popping, which can likely result in a red flag today.

Lithium and Prozac were the drugs of choice a scary number of white kids were abusing when I was in school, could it be yall think that shit is gonna come back to bite yall?

Everyone in here opposing this explicitly said why, yet you want to make up some completely unrelated motivation out of thin air. It sounds like maybe you are the one who needs the medication.

It's actually been addressed several times in the public sphere since it started.

Lol what? That is exactly why pro gun people didn't support the "no fly, no buy" gun control. Because it's a flawed system with proven mistakes.

The people targeted by a red flag law have expressed a desire to murder people. That's a bit different than a cop shaking down someone walking on the street, who, as far as the cop knows, could be a pacifist.

The cop still have to have a suspension they have something illegal like a fire arm.

The same as they have a suspension the person might do something with their gun.

Back