New slang is annoying

In regards to "A-F" are you saying that you hate when someone types that through text or online? Or are you talking about people literally saying something like "that is dumb as fuck". Because the latter is really not new at all and has been commonly said for decades

When people say the words, "dumb A-F" instead of "dumb as fuck". I've heard Zoomers say this.

And writing/typing it too.

If someone said that to me irl, I would just say what what what
It's an affirmative, kinda like "you bet" or "bet on it."

I'm still trying to discern the origins of "420" and "on fleek." WHO WERE THE AD WIZARDS that came up with those?

3JZ7.gif

How come Gen Z never talks like that?

I've heard "hella" 4 times today. Not saying it's new, but being reasonably new to the Bay Area I like it. I just feel like an imposter if I say it.
Metallica were using "hella" in the 80s - aren't they from the bay area?

It sure is, i don't even fully understand what it means but i know when i see it being used wrong. People just use it for a catch all for anything they disagree with.

Gaslighting means to misrepresent something in an argument as something else in order to win. It came from a movie way back in the day in which a husband tried to convince his wife that she was going insane by doing passive aggressive shit like dimming the gas lighting in their home. When she remarked that the lights had changed, he insisted that it was only her seeing it that way.

In effect he was reframing reality to get what he wanted, which is basically how we use the term today when people argue.

While I like the origin of the name, I am annoyed that people will use it ignorantly, without recognizing where it came from.

I’m 32 and I agree. These TokTik kids are the real pandemic!

I guess I've aged prematurely because the way these kids talk sounds so fucking annoying. Bruh, Finna, bussin, get the bag, it all sounds lame as shit to me but I guess that makes me lame huh.

I've become the old man yelling at clouds. Feel free to add more stupid terms to the list sherbros.

To quote my wife:

"Oooooooooh, we bussin' bussin'!!!"

I guess I've aged prematurely because the way these kids talk sounds so fucking annoying. Bruh, Finna, bussin, get the bag, it all sounds lame as shit to me but I guess that makes me lame huh.

I've become the old man yelling at clouds. Feel free to add more stupid terms to the list sherbros.

Lol seriously, though... Language and slang changes all the time. Our slang seemed lame to our parents. Their slang seemed lame to us. Our kids' slang will seem lame to us. And so the cycle continues.

I personally love slang and will use slang from different regions of the US and different generations. It's like food. Just mix and match it to add to the variety that is the spice in life.

Also, complaining about the next generation's slang always seemed like grumpy old man energy to me. Boring as fuck.

That's just stupid. Cap is already a word with its own meaning and so is lie, what sense does it make to start swapping the meanings of words around.
It makes a fuck of a lot of sense to people who want to be understood by people they are "in" with and no one else. Open your mind a bit.

Back