New slang is annoying

Lol seriously, though... Language and slang changes all the time. Our slang seemed lame to our parents. Their slang seemed lame to us. Our kids' slang will seem lame to us. And so the cycle continues.

I personally love slang and will use slang from different regions of the US and different generations. It's like food. Just mix and match it to add to the variety that is the spice in life.

Also, complaining about the next generation's slang always seemed like grumpy old man energy to me. Boring as fuck.
The thing is I think 90% of these won't stick too lame to stick imo. We've seen other terms have their moment and fade pretty quick.

Yea it's annoying. I've never liked this idea of using new words when the existing ones were perfectly good. Its just teenagers trying to be cool I guess. Even "cool" was a slang at some point.

But when i see people my age in their 30s trying to use these slang words casually, like if i'm talking to someone and they "alright, bet" they go down a notch in my eyes.
I like watch Steve Bannon's podcast. He often says to guests that he has to "bounce", cracks me up

The worst slang out there now are people saying Cu instead of Cuz (not slang enough anymore?) and using it 5 times in a sentence.

Idiocracy personified

Cheeeeeeeeeeeee

I like this whole new thing that obliterates rules. Spelling is no longer foremost in educational development, and when I consider how amicably grammar nazis love to conduct themselves it's a wonderful fuck you.

Don't be scare be stronk
See how you were cute after making your point? That shows your true colours..

Sorry, Ur tru colrz be lik…

Last edited:
Buncha uncool white people in this thread
No cap

I like watch Steve Bannon's podcast. He often says to guests that he has to "bounce", cracks me up

The worst slang out there now are people saying Cu instead of Cuz (not slang enough anymore?) and using it 5 times in a sentence.

Idiocracy personified

I've heard that, the cu. I just watched a video yesterday the camera guy was saying cuh every second word. I won't stand for it.

I've heard that, the cu. I just watched a video yesterday the camera guy was saying cuh every second word. I won't stand for it.

haha yeah, that's the one that sticks out, with some guy driving a mini car and the camera guy saying cuh a bunch of times, madness.

I thought clapping meant fucking

"Clapping them cheeks" means fucking

Clapping at someone means shooting at them.

"Clap back" is a new thing that I've seen journalists use to describe someone responding to criticism. As in shooting back at them.

I live in jersey. No one says that here
It's really a southern thing, shortening of "fixing to".

Kinda became less regional in the 2000s because Atlanta ran hip-hop culture and everyone started using southern slang.

It's really a southern thing, shortening of "fixing to".

Kinda became less regional in the 2000s because Atlanta ran hip-hop culture and everyone started using southern slang.

yeah it seems that way. It’s just not a word ive never heard up here

Back