New slang is annoying

I guess I've aged prematurely because the way these kids talk sounds so fucking annoying. Bruh, Finna, bussin, get the bag, it all sounds lame as shit to me but I guess that makes me lame huh.

I've become the old man yelling at clouds. Feel free to add more stupid terms to the list sherbros.

I can make my 12 yo kid cringe in one word.

Poggers.

I've heard "hella" 4 times today. Not saying it's new, but being reasonably new to the Bay Area I like it. I just feel like an imposter if I say it.
I’ve seen you say ‘twat’ like three hundred times. Ever hear someone stateside use that word? I almost never do. Sometimes in the black community but to actually describe a cunny.

I’ve seen you say ‘twat’ like three hundred times. Ever hear someone stateside use that word? I almost never do. Sometimes in the black community but to actually describe a cunny.
I have, but it's only been used in jest to me, and pronounced "twot" like it has an o in it rather than an a.

Based thread imo
Based_Department_Thumbnail.jpg

Hella instead of “a hell of a”. When they use this term it makes me think they are a 1980’s p*ssy.

?

I use the word 'twat" often enough and i've heard it enough around my way. Not as popular as dickhead, asshole, fucktard, but it's in my rotation for sure.

Bruh and finna aren't new slang.

This one is from the 90s.

I think you guys are just seeing African American vernacular that has been around forever spreading to Gen Z.
pretty much this. most of it isn't new just new to everyone else.

I'm convinced that the rebirth of "cuckold" as "cuck" and the popularity of "simp" are just adaptations made by dudes who can no longer get away with calling every f a gs.

Cuck is a recent term birthed by the online alt right associated with the rise of Trump. Simp comes from 90s pimping culture and is associated with the hip hop of that era but Zoomers have brought it online so it's no longer cool. Both words have been ruined by dorks on the internet.

?

I use the word 'twat" often enough and i've heard it enough around my way. Not as popular as dickhead, asshole, fucktard, but it's in my rotation for sure.
I hope you don’t pronounce it twöt

Cuck is a recent term birthed by the online alt right associated with the rise of Trump. Simp comes from 90s pimping culture and is associated with the hip hop of that era but Zoomers have brought it online so it's no longer cool. Both words have been ruined by dorks on the internet.

Well the old cuckold goes back to Shakespeare and earlier, but I swear I saw "cuck" popping online by around ~2010 right as calling everything gay and any dude someone didn't like (or did like, in the case of crazy friends) fa ggot was fading out of popular use.

When someone says ''Not gonna lie'' without any necessity, i have a desire to buy him/her a book...any book.

''I had a good sleep, not gonna lie''
''Goodfellas is a good film, not gonna lie''
''My mom is a good cook, not gonna lie''

Buffoons.

Im with you 100%

I hate new slang

I hate new speech conventions.

When someone agrees with someone and they just say “same” that shit is gross.

“Secure the bag” is such a trash line

The word gaslighting is dumb as fuck

Saying "same" in agreement comes from at least the 2000s, maybe even earlier. Wouldn't call that new slang.

"A-F"
"fleek"
"fire"
"lit"
"fam"
"bruh"

I'm old and I don't like it either. My girlfriend is 8 years younger than me and dropped a "omg that was fire" the other day. I wanted to strangle her, even more than when she asks me to.

Fire is another one that has been around a long time. I've heard it mostly to refer to when a rapper spits a hot verse. "Yo that was fire."

I guess I've aged prematurely because the way these kids talk sounds so fucking annoying. Bruh, Finna, bussin, get the bag, it all sounds lame as shit to me but I guess that makes me lame huh.

I've become the old man yelling at clouds. Feel free to add more stupid terms to the list sherbros.
The funny thing is that a lot of these young people type and text like this but they don't actually talk like this in person. A lot of them are kids from the suburbs and middle class neighborhoods who actually speak proper English but think it looks cool to type and text like they are from the hood

Back