• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Movies New Predator Movie BADLANDS from Prey Filmmaker (Elle Fanning to Star)

Fuck! I just checked and you’re right!

I could’ve sworn he was older than that. His freaking catchphrase on the 80s was "I’m too old for this shit!"

Yeah, that was kind of his gimmick. In the first Lethal Weapon when we first see Roger Murtaugh it’s supposed to be his 50th birthday, but irl Glover was only 40 years old.

They don't kill defenseless prey. It took off the weapons to fight Arnold because he was unarmed. It isn't just a female thing. It has to be armed. Predators killed a few females in the movie. There is that old grandma that got took out in Predator 2 because she was armed.
There's also that scene where it spares the pregnant detective even though she's armed. Probably shouldn't be canon but there's that scene in AVP where the predator lets what's his face live because he's old and sick despite being armed, but then the old dude decides to flamethrow the predator, pissing it off. I don't how the predator decides who is defenseless and who isn't. Would it kill an old lady with a kitchen knife? It'll kill animals that are naturally armed like bears and xenomorphs, but I'm guessing they won't kill a house cat. What about a badger? What about a small child that picks up a gun? Is Elle Fanning with a gun a threat enough to hunt?

Another problem with these movies now is that we know what the predator's deal is so as the audience we know that the protagonist just has to drop her weapon and she'll be fine. So there needs to be another threat where she needs to be armed to protect herself against, making her a target for the predator. I'm still hung up on xenomorphs. I want an AVP movie that's actually good.

I don't think it matters as much. Predator movies at its core is just a horror slasher. There are tons of female leads in that genre. We all know the predator always loses in the end.
Another issue with these movies is the formula. I can tell you how this movie will play out without even seeing it probably.

Another thing is that Prey was cool, but I thought the hand to hand fighting scenes were ridiculous. Even with the native guy and his spear. The movie establishes that the predator can KO a grizzly bear with a punch and overhead press it. The girl, or any human for that matter, would have their heads ripped off as soon as the predator got its hands on her. Instead the movie just has it throw her around a bit where she's not that hurt and is still fighting back.

It's the same trope used in super hero movies where the villain can easily kill people but when it's time to fight the protagonist, the villain only decides to throw the hero around.

A good movie can have a weak female protagonist fight and win in a way that's believable, suspenseful, and there's development of character, but movies these days don't do that and have the protagonist win because she's a "boss girl." Even Prey didn't establish that very well in my opinion. She was taking Ls until she fought the predator.

Has Elle Fanning done any physical roles in the past? I am wondering how athletic she is.

A good movie can have a weak female protagonist fight and win in a way that's believable, suspenseful, and there's development of character, but movies these days don't do that and have the protagonist win because she's a "boss girl." Even Prey didn't establish that very well in my opinion. She was taking Ls until she fought the predator.
I think the theme there was that she was unsuccessful when trying to compete using strength against strength. But when she used her brains, and (spoiler alert) stole the Predator’s helmet, luring him into the path of the targeting laser, she was successful.

Plus, the grizzly bear was awesome, and that movie had some really great kill shots.

First Predator on woman woke sex scene I'm in. I already know the plot:

Predator comes to earth to kill but he comes across Fanning and she changes his ways. She's a lawyer and half the movie is about their love affair and her fighting on his behalf that he's not like the others and Extra Terrestrials deserve equal rights.

There are protests and riots and they attack the predator. And just before he starts plasma blasting the shit out of everyone Fanning yells 'Xekorocik (his name) Noooooo. Xekorocik lets the crowd kill him and as they back away Fanning gives Xekorocik one last embrace as he lays dying.

Thousands realize how wrong they were and gather at his funeral. As his coffin is being lowered into the ground his wrist bracelet starts counting down... The end.
wikety wokey woke scene!!!!

wokey woke!
giphy.gif

Predawoke. OMG.

Fucking whiners turn every damn thread into this bullshit. Just make a War Room thread to cry about it. Cans.
I meant woke like she was awake when it happened and not taken advantage of.

There's also that scene where it spares the pregnant detective even though she's armed. Probably shouldn't be canon but there's that scene in AVP where the predator lets what's his face live because he's old and sick despite being armed, but then the old dude decides to flamethrow the predator, pissing it off. I don't how the predator decides who is defenseless and who isn't. Would it kill an old lady with a kitchen knife? It'll kill animals that are naturally armed like bears and xenomorphs, but I'm guessing they won't kill a house cat. What about a badger? What about a small child that picks up a gun? Is Elle Fanning with a gun a threat enough to hunt?

Another problem with these movies now is that we know what the predator's deal is so as the audience we know that the protagonist just has to drop her weapon and she'll be fine. So there needs to be another threat where she needs to be armed to protect herself against, making her a target for the predator. I'm still hung up on xenomorphs. I want an AVP movie that's actually good.

Another issue with these movies is the formula. I can tell you how this movie will play out without even seeing it probably.
It’s more or less a horror film. The monster always loses. You can’t really change that unless you want the hero of the story to die.

The alternative is to have the hero work with the predator and it’s been done already

mayberry ain’t what it used to be. it’s a goddamn shame tbh

It's War Room Lite at this point mixed with a bunch of journal entries and 'look at me' posts. Kind of sad.

It’s more or less a horror film. The monster always loses. You can’t really change that unless you want the hero of the story to die.

The alternative is to have the hero work with the predator and it’s been done already
"Work with" the xenomorphs to take the predator down. That's a twist that hasn't been done before

The new alien movie should end with a predator showing up to take the xenomorphs down. Humans are like wtf and the movie ends lol.

"Work with" the xenomorphs to take the predator down. That's a twist that hasn't been done before

The new alien movie should end with a predator showing up to take the xenomorphs down. Humans are like wtf and the movie ends lol.
You can't work with the Xenomorphs. It has to be some weird scenario where they already impregnate a human. The xenomorph will not kill it but I don't think they will work together. Like I said at the core of the pred movies is a horror slasher film. The only thing they can probably do is expand the lore or the backstory with the predators. They leave it somewhat vague so there is some mystery. There is no real twist to this story at this point of the game. They can only have different scenarios and timelines. They try to change the predator itself with every movie. Honestly I think this franchise got really butchered with that pred movie with the autism backstory.

I think they really fumbled that original AVP. They took inspiration from the comics. It was supposed to be the human girl who joined forces with the predator and she leaves to join them as a human predator. It shows how she joined up then turns on them later.

Back