• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media New Orleans Police Department Issues Warrant For Nate Diaz On Second Degree Battery Charges

Nate made too much money
so he is willing to give it away beating nobodies on the street,
to elevate his gangsta reputation

i bet you he will be bragging in his next interviews like he did something amazing
you cant fix stupid

Attempted murder wouldn’t hold up in court. Nate wasn’t purposely trying to split the back of his head open. In the footage it seems unlikely Nate’s choke did that to the back of his head, there was an all out melee & I wouldn’t be surprised if someone else stomped or hit him. Involuntary manslaughter would have resulted had Rodney been killed and since he wasn’t it’s more of a Slippery Slope logical fallacy.
The footage quite clearly shows nate dropping him and the back of his head bouncing off the concrete. Nate is responsible for that. This could fall under a negligent charge like attempted voluntary man slaughter. In both sets of footage you see the guy get dropped and blood pool under his head seconds later

Not defending Nate but looks like he might have been trying to lay him down softer but stumbled forward & lost hold. It’s fucked up but from what’s on the tape attempted murder would be a huge stretch here imo
Attempted voluntary man slaughter could fit this. From my perspective it doesn't look he tries to se him down at all. Idk. Either way that was very irresponsible

Where's the hate and vitriol that went Jorge's way? Nate assaults a civilian and this place has nothing but excuses. Jorge goes after a fellow fighter and he's the most evil pussy on the planet. Yeah Nate didn't hit him from behind but again, civilian ain't a good look.

Reactions: HHJ
Nate made too much money
so he is willing to give it away beating nobodies on the street,
to elevate his gangsta reputation

i bet you he will be bragging in his next interviews like he did something amazing
you cant fix stupid

Is Nate really that rich?
He hasn't fought in ages (and he was on 40/40 for years), and I don't think he has much in the way of endorsements.

Plus something tells me his lifestyle costs a hell of an amount, especially when he probably carries Nick these days.

I’m not American, but if Nate Diaz never sets foot in Louisiana, he won’t be arrested right?

No, the US has extradition laws for certain level of crimes. That's one of many reasons they 'overcharge' people. As of now, he's being charged with a violent felony and could be extradited.

I assume they'll allow him to turn himself in. After that he'll be finger printed, mug shot taken, and most likely it'll be worked out so they can immediately post bail to avoid him going to jail.

For non USA folks...bail is a money making racket that should be illegal for many reasons. But basically, when you're charged with a crime, you would typically be held in jail until your trial/hearing. Bail is basically a ransom you can pay(amount set by judge on a case by case basis) to get out of jail until your trial. If you run or don't show, you lose your money.

The racket part is...they usually set it pretty high. Say $100k. Most wouldn't have it. You can put up 10% or $10k and a bail bondsman will 'lend' you the rest, but you don't get that 10% back ever.

I suppose it pertinent question would be what did Nate do to defuse the situation? It didn't look like he was in imminent danger and it certainly wouldn't come as a surprise to me if the police held a professional fighter to a higher standard.
Other dude is 1-0 as a professional boxer and an amateur MMA fighter, so that might no carry the weight vs if he did that to your average sherdog fan.

In any case, is there anything more quintessentially Nate Diaz than this?

Where's the hate and vitriol that went Jorge's way? Nate assaults a civilian and this place has nothing but excuses. Jorge goes after a fellow fighter and he's the most evil pussy on the planet. Yeah Nate didn't hit him from behind but again, civilian ain't a good look.
Not a civilian, apparently.

So this shows the blurring lines "reality shows" bring to life. Nate has unintentionally lived in this world since his stint on TUF, but Jake Paul has captured it for maximizing profit. "Police matter"in this SUCKS, and an arrest in a social media stunt matter takes away from their already impossible job.

He's lucky the guy didn't die from his head bouncing off the street. You can just let someone drop out there like you're in the cage. What a retard.

The NOPD has been letting the french quarter turn into the wild west. So many unsolved shootings, robberies, etc.. can't believe they have time to deal with this.

They can show they're good boys and girls for the world to see.

And sprinkle a little of that on innocent unknown murder victims so they don't have to solve anything too difficult.

Is 2nd degree battery a felony? If its a misdemeanor, all nate has to do is stay out of the state of louisiana (sp?) until the statute of limitations runs out, and like you said, nothing will come of it.

If its a felony, he might have to bite the bullet and turn himself in.
Nah, he can still get arrested on an out of state misdemeanor warrant, they just might not do extradition for it. And I believe that's a felony, but states can be weird with degrees

Do you read well?

This thread is full of hate for Diaz.

<WhatIsThis>

Nate applying that choke hold was the smart safe move
The proceeded to choke him unconscious, then let him go so he can fall and hit his head on the concrete/asphalt . That is the issue - well outside of being almost 40 and still getting into confrontations on the streets with young people.

Look everyone, a perfect person.

That is the biggest Fucking "Whatabout" ever!
A favorite line of every person that ever got caught diddling a kid. Suddenly they bust out the "Yea without sin shall cast the first stone." bullshit

Back