Neil Melanson purple belt submits Bill Cooper

I'd bet money that Cooper would smoke him in a rematch. Great set up by the other guy, but I'm guessing Cooper came in to play, and the other kid came to prove something. Major props to him. But I doubt it would happen again.

You're basing that on what? The fact that you know nothing about Jake or his grappling ability? Or you extensive viewing and reviewing of their match? /sarcasm

Bill didn't show up to lose. There was money on the line. He's a consummate professional from what I've seen (aside from his twitter account). He shows up to events, makes weight, fights hard, and doesn't sleep on any opponents.

And he still got caught. I think it's disrespectful to both guys to assume Bill wasn't "trying" or whatever the point is you're trying to make.

Does Jake still consider melanson his coach, seeing as how melanson was canned awhile ago.

Does Jake still consider melanson his coach, seeing as how melanson was canned awhile ago.

He wasn't canned. Aren't you a little rumor bug?

And yes, I'd guess so, or Jake wouldn't have texted him 5 minutes after his win to tell Neil about it.

lol, you might want to clear that up with the Las Vegas scene then. Because everyone seems to be pretty consistent rumor bugs with a different story.

You're basing that on what? The fact that you know nothing about Jake or his grappling ability? Or you extensive viewing and reviewing of their match? /sarcasm

Bill didn't show up to lose. There was money on the line. He's a consummate professional from what I've seen (aside from his twitter account). He shows up to events, makes weight, fights hard, and doesn't sleep on any opponents.

And he still got caught. I think it's disrespectful to both guys to assume Bill wasn't "trying" or whatever the point is you're trying to make.

I'm basing that on the fact that Bill Cooper is a world champ and has a history of being a bad ass grappler where the other guy doesn't. That would make him an underdog in the betting world. And due to that, it's not unreasonable to make my statement that I would bet money on the favorite.

Take whatever it is that is hurting your ass out before you get on the forums. f12 is a pretty decent forum. We don't need your butthurt ruining things.

lol, you might want to clear that up with the Las Vegas scene then. Because everyone seems to be pretty consistent rumor bugs with a different story.

Listen Ice 9 Cobra, if that is even your real name.....rumors are rumors. Neil resigned and went to Alliance. Call Randy up and ask him.

Take whatever it is that is hurting your ass out before you get on the forums. f12 is a pretty decent forum. We don't need your butthurt ruining things.
How am I butthurt? I think Bill is awesome, I love watching that guy grapple.

Wait, are you actually uncertain if this is my real name?

And why call randy when the rumor is coming from coaches and athletes at the school? I could understand if it was a bunch of different rumors, but it is just one.

Wait, are you actually uncertain if this is my real name?

And why call randy when the rumor is coming from coaches and athletes at the school? I could understand if it was a bunch of different rumors, but it is just one.

No...that's the point I'm making. You're an anonymous person who trains at an anonymous gym in Las Vegas talking to anonymous coaches and athletes.

Well....that's exactly what rumors are. If the names of the people you're talking to aren't Randy Couture, Neil Melanson, Erik Nicksik, or Val Haney, then they don't know, because they weren't there.

You're playing telephone with someone who heard something who heard something who heard something. If ya want more details, PM me. But don't go around spreading telephone rumors.

How am I butthurt? I think Bill is awesome, I love watching that guy grapple.

Sure seems like it with the unneeded snark. I get that Niel is your boy so his student is your boy by extension. But acting like my post is unreasonable is silly. I gave your boy props. But my statement still stands. I would be willing to bet money that Bill would smoke him in a rematch.

Sure seems like it with the unneeded snark. I get that Niel is your boy so his student is your boy by extension. But acting like my post is unreasonable is silly. I gave your boy props. But my statement still stands. I would be willing to bet money that Bill would smoke him in a rematch.
Fair bet. If it's anything like current grappling world high drama, we'll know the results of their rematch is just 7 short years.

Eh, plenty of people on here know who I am and where I train. You use your real name and I still don't know who you are.

As for playing telephone, isn't that exactly what you are doing? You aren't one of those listed names, and every post you make on the Internet revolves around melanson. So not an unbiased source. If I truly wanted to spread the rumor, I would've said it. But since we both know it, there's no point.

I do think XC is in great hands with Folis. Do you still train there?

What was so bad about it?

I gotta say that I really enjoyed it. I saw Geo's matches at the Dream sub only and I was very impressed, even in his finals match where he lost to Bill Cooper. he had a bad ass match with this Checkmat dude named Jose Gutierrez (I think that's the name). I dig his style, and I thought there were some really nice scrambles and sub attempts by Glover and Geo. I was a little bit surprised that there was some double guard play, but whenever there was, they were either going for foot locks or the back. The OT rounds all had nice sub attempts from both guys. I enjoyed it.

I gotta say that I really enjoyed it. I saw Geo's matches at the Dream sub only and I was very impressed, even in his finals match where he lost to Bill Cooper. he had a bad ass match with this Checkmat dude named Jose Gutierrez (I think that's the name). I dig his style, and I thought there were some really nice scrambles and sub attempts by Glover and Geo. I was a little bit surprised that there was some double guard play, but whenever there was, they were either going for foot locks or the back. The OT rounds all had nice sub attempts from both guys. I enjoyed it.

Same here. I found it enteretaining. Admittedly I prefer no gi so I enjoyed it. But maybe he wasn't enjoying the fact that it seems that they were disengaged because they weren't pulling on each other's gi. Or maybe he just didn't like it. Different strokes I guess.

Not sure how many of you guys were at EBI or were competitors in the back but...

Bill certainly did not seem himself.. I'm not sure if he was partying the night before or partying the night of EBI lol..

But seriously, if you saw his face and how he was moving, it sure seemed like he was "under the influence" of some substance..

I actually used to train at Paragon and watched Bill in grapplers quests and all sorts of competition.. He had this wack expression on his face at EBI and seemed to be tripping out on touching the mat and his opponent. It was SERIOUSLY ODD!

I hope he is doing okay and that that was not the case!!

Anyone else think something similar?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back