Neil Melanson purple belt submits Bill Cooper

Lance Freimuth

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
http://instagram.com/p/ouagtixAM-/

I have no clue where, but I know Jake "Rorshach" Swinney just tapped out Bill "Das Grill" Cooper. Don't know the specifics of the match, but I know he armbarred Bill from shoulder pin. Huge feather in Jake's cap considering he's still only a purple belt and started training after Bill medaled at mundials and got his black belt.

I'll get some more details. Watch out for this kid. I've rolled with him, he's a killer.

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Jake-Swinney-58437

http://instagram.com/p/ouagtixAM-/

I have no clue where, but I know Jake "Rorshach" Swinney just tapped out Bill "Das Grill" Cooper. Don't know the specifics of the match, but I know he armbarred Bill from shoulder pin. Huge feather in Jake's cap considering he's still only a purple belt and started training after Bill medaled at mundials and got his black belt.

I'll get some more details. Watch out for this kid. I've rolled with him, he's a killer.

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Jake-Swinney-58437

Even the mc who was announcing the winner of each match couldn't believe it. He called the winner as Bill Cooper until someone corrected him.

Duh, that's right. Definitely the Eddie Bravo invitational.

Neil texted me and I about shat myself. Bill has beaten some of the best in the world, and apparently, Rorshach caught him pretty quick.

I just checked, Jake wasn't even listed on the FB page as one of the entrants. I bet ya next time his name will be on the banner.

I was watching the twitter feed and was surprised by that result. Didn't know whose guy he was.

Richie Martinez just tapped him. Was kind of hard to see the finish from my angle but I think it was a variation of a gogoplata.
Boogeyman was all over him from the start.

Last edited:
Damn! looks like some upsets today, hopefully video comes out, armbar from shoulder pin I gotta see that!

Hahaha! Awesome.

First Eddie destroys Royler. Now his pretty unknown students beat some of the worlds best. This is only the beginning.

But don't worry guys... 10th planet still doesn't work. Keep shitting on it. Just make sure you don't face them in competition and you will be fine.

"To know your Enemy, you must become your Enemy."

Hahaha! Awesome.

First Eddie destroys Royler. Now his pretty unknown students beat some of the worlds best. This is only the beginning.

But don't worry guys... 10th planet still doesn't work. Keep shitting on it. Just make sure you don't face them in competition and you will be fine.

Who is shitting on anyone? I don't see any negative posts in here.From what I heard, the Geo/Glover match was awesome and after 3 OTs they gave it to Geo, because his 3 subs were faster than Glover's 3. I really want to see the match. I like Geo a lot, and I saw his matches from that Dream tourney, and even though he lost to Cooper in the finals, he's definitely super sick.

Everyone gets caught. Good for this guy.

Hahaha! Awesome.

Lol why is every other school your enemy?

Who is shitting on anyone? I don't see any negative posts in here.From what I heard, the Geo/Glover match was awesome and after 3 OTs they gave it to Geo, because his 3 subs were faster than Glover's 3. I really want to see the match. I like Geo a lot, and I saw his matches from that Dream tourney, and even though he lost to Cooper in the finals, he's definitely super sick.

No one in this thread. Amazingly. Which is mostly because the evidence is now staring us straight in the face. Im mostly just "I told you so-ing" the internet.

However, you don't need to dig very far back to find dozens, if not hundreds of post that aren't exactly complimentary to Eddie and 10th P. Reference some metamoris threads for example. Even after eddie did so well.. the hate was strong.

I'm just glad eddie is finally having this work out. Glad we wont have to deal with such hilarious and sad hate on a man and a system that's different than the norm.

No one in this thread. Amazingly. Which is mostly because the evidence is now staring us straight in the face. Im mostly just "I told you so-ing" the internet.

However, you don't need to dig very far back to find dozens, if not hundreds of post that aren't exactly complimentary to Eddie and 10th P. Reference some metamoris threads for example. Even after eddie did so well.. the hate was strong.

I'm just glad eddie is finally having this work out. Glad we wont have to deal with such hilarious and sad hate on a man and a system that's different than the norm.

Fair enough, but do you really think people would've hated anyways. Cooper and Glover have always been super cool with Eddie and 10th Planet, so I can't imagine people hating on Geo or Swinney for winning. I thought the responses after Metamoris were 99% positive except for trolls. A LOT of people gave Eddie props that used to give him a lot of shit.

Lol why is every other school your enemy?

Anyone you compete against is technically your enemy yeah? Atleast in that moment?

The main thing, is that if you discount someone or something as "ineffective"... You might miss out on something that beats you one day.

You might have your head buried in the sand and miss out on some innovation due to dogma and societal exclusion.

The us vs them mentality is only useful IN actual competition. Before and after, your only shutting yourself out from information.

Being open minded is the key to success and continued progression.

Know your enemy.

Fair enough, but do you really think people would've hated anyways. Cooper and Glover have always been super cool with Eddie and 10th Planet, so I can't imagine people hating on Geo or Swinney for winning. I thought the responses after Metamoris were 99% positive except for trolls. A LOT of people gave Eddie props that used to give him a lot of shit.

Sadly, I do think if Eddie's guys had lost it would have only been fuel for some peoples misguided crusade to discredit 10th P.

I agree with you though, Metamoris was the most support I've seen for Eddie.

The times are changing though... it was much worse a few years ago. Ive been lurking here for quite a while.. And man. It's kindof funny to see some guys who have changed their tune quite a bit over the years.

All in all, I think its innovative events like this and super open minded high level guys like Glover and cooper that are pushing the sport in the right direction.

Duh, that's right. Definitely the Eddie Bravo invitational.

Neil texted me and I about shat myself. Bill has beaten some of the best in the world, and apparently, Rorshach caught him pretty quick.

I just checked, Jake wasn't even listed on the FB page as one of the entrants. I bet ya next time his name will be on the banner.

He was a last minute replacement from what I was told. It wasn't due to lack of respect.

Anyone you compete against is technically your enemy yeah? Atleast in that moment?

The main thing, is that if you discount someone or something as "ineffective"... You might miss out on something that beats you one day.

You might have your head buried in the sand and miss out on some innovation due to dogma and societal exclusion.

The us vs them mentality is only useful IN actual competition. Before and after, your only shutting yourself out from information.

Being open minded is the key to success and continued progression.

Know your enemy.

It's not that his moves are ineffective. It's just that the names of these moves appear to be something thought up whilst he was high as hell.

Edit: Wrong thread.

Last edited:
It's not that his moves are ineffective. It's just that the names of these moves appear to be something thought up whilst he was high as hell.

They probably were. Not sure why that would matter. LOL.

At this point, I don't think anyone's hating on Eddie anymore. It's been a long 10 years of hate, but there are enough guys getting tapped around the country that it's obvious the stuff works. Now, the next step is for all of us to exchange ideas and make jiu jitsu as a whole better. For ourselves. For each other. For sport. For MMA. For self defense. For our future. For our children. I want my son to join an evolving BJJ, not a devolving stagnant TMA version of what it was. damn, that was a hell of a tangent.

Anyway, at this point, anyone hating on eddie is generally looked at as delusional these days. I don't even hear the hate. I just keep rolling.

Back