Neil Melanson purple belt submits Bill Cooper

He was a last minute replacement from what I was told. It wasn't due to lack of respect.

I know. I was being facetious.

I'm gonna work on getting video of the Rorshach/Cooper match.

Oh and since this turned into a 50/50 thread of 10th planet hate/10th planet love....congrats to Eddie's guys!

I know. I was being facetious.

I'm gonna work on getting video of the Rorshach/Cooper match.

Oh and since this turned into a 50/50 thread of 10th planet hate/10th planet love....congrats to Eddie's guys!

See if you can get a video of Jeff Glover/Geo Martinez. After the majority of those IBJJF finals this is what I'd like ti see. lol

See if you can get a video of Jeff Glover/Geo Martinez. After the majority of those IBJJF finals this is what I'd like ti see. lol

Well.....I don't know Jeff Glover or Geo Martinez. So that's gonna make it a challenge for me to get a hold of his friends and see if someone happened to film it on their cell phone...but I'll try!

Well.....I don't know Jeff Glover or Geo Martinez. So that's gonna make it a challenge for me to get a hold of his friends and see if someone happened to film it on their cell phone...but I'll try!

So wait, they aired it on TV but no one has any footage? Surely Eddie has footage. he made a youtube channel called EBI, so I was assuming he would upload the matches at some point?

So wait, they aired it on TV but no one has any footage? Surely Eddie has footage. he made a youtube channel called EBI, so I was assuming he would upload the matches at some point?

They were shooting a pilot so it hasn't aired.

Proof that training in gi only sets one up for a false sense of security.

Hahaha! Awesome.

First Eddie destroys Royler. Now his pretty unknown students beat some of the worlds best. This is only the beginning.

But don't worry guys... 10th planet still doesn't work. Keep shitting on it. Just make sure you don't face them in competition and you will be fine.

"To know your Enemy, you must become your Enemy."

thread says neil melanson's student. neil is a bb under karo.

Now, is this guy who won neil's student or eddie/10th pjj?

also, eddie is a legit BB under JJ machado (in gi ....shhhhhhh).

also, we can characterize '10th pjj moves" by moves such as rugger guard and lockdown and twister.
were these used in the beating of cooper?

You seem super knowledgeable so please help us out here. a lot might depend on it.

[YT]ZT73KATnFxg[/YT]

Naw, once the gi comes off the game changes completely. Purple belts tapping out world champ black belts? 'Nuff said.

If the purple belt can impose his game and is not scared I don't see why it wouldnt be possible.

Proof that training in gi only sets one up for a false sense of security.

Dude Cooper is way more known for his nogi stuff. He's super close with Eddie Bravo, and has accomplished and forgotten more about nogi than most people will ever learn. What false sense of security did he have? Have you ever seen Bill Cooper grapple before? He plays a crazy style. besides that, anyone can lose or win on any day. It's not that serious. Taking one match either way and using it to prop up some crazy ass gi vs nogi argument that no one is even talking about is ridiculous.

If the purple belt can impose his game and is not scared I don't see why it wouldnt be possible.

Purples are fucking dangerous man. Jared Dopp beat Vinny Magalhaes at ADCC. It happens. Keenan Cornelius and Ryan Hall both beat solid black belts at purple belt. I 100% agree with you. It happens man. Chris Weidman came pretty damn close to subbing Andre Galvao as a purple belt. Belts do and don't mean shit. Between styles, mistakes, on days, off days, momentum, confidence, mentality--the list goes on. Anything can happen man.

It's like the old saying goes: "That's why they play the games"

It doesn't matter on paper.

EDIT: I'm gonna add this because Cooper might be me favorite grappler along with Marcelo Garcia. But I believe (and I've heard at least a few very good and/or well known black belts say it) that Cooper can beat anyone in the world on any given day, and is one of the most talented grapplers ever. Franjinha was saying on some podcast recently that as a kid, Cooper used to come in and train once a week and crush everyone, and Franjinha would hope and pray that Cooper would lose at tournaments so that he could get him in the academy to train harder. I just think he has a style where he wrestles a style that involves big risks, and it can pay off huge, or cost him big. He'll stick his head in a guillotine to get the pass, or give up his back to get a darce choke, etc.

I don't know how that match last night went down, so I don't know if Cooper was taking risks or not. Either way, major props to Jake Swinney.

Last edited:
Hahaha! Awesome.

First Eddie destroys Royler. Now his pretty unknown students beat some of the worlds best. This is only the beginning.

But don't worry guys... 10th planet still doesn't work. Keep shitting on it. Just make sure you don't face them in competition and you will be fine.

"To know your Enemy, you must become your Enemy."

No one is worried about10th planet, I competed against a 10th planet guy before.... and it was him who should have been worried :icon_twis

Last edited:
thread says neil melanson's student. neil is a bb under karo.

Now, is this guy who won neil's student or eddie/10th pjj?

also, eddie is a legit BB under JJ machado (in gi ....shhhhhhh).

also, we can characterize '10th pjj moves" by moves such as rugger guard and lockdown and twister.
were these used in the beating of cooper?

You seem super knowledgeable so please help us out here. a lot might depend on it.

[YT]ZT73KATnFxg[/YT]

You don't read well my friend. Many post leading up to mine talked about two of eddies students winning. I was more addressing the flow of the thread, not the title or OP.

I don't know anything about the purple belt, thus I didn't comment. Nor have I seen the matches, thus I can't comment.

You did in fact watch metamoris though? You did see the lockdown to electric chair to vaporizer?

Just making sure we are on the same page.

A lot might depend on it.

No one is worried about10th planet, I competed against a 10th planet guy before.... and it was him who should have been worried :icon_twis

Haha! I wish I had the same luck. I am 0-2 against 10th P guys.

I'll have my redemption!

The only guys that don't lose are the ones that stay at home on the couch. Cooper got caught.

Just to throw some fuel on the fire, I'd say I'm 80% sure that Rorshach has never worn a gi in his life. The armbar setup from shoulder pin that he used is pretty tailor made for no gi grappling.

I'm actually good friends with Geo and was there, but my phone died. I'll try and share a video if he posts one (he's trying to find someone who has footage). Eddie is also going to have access to the professionally filmed footage, so he'll probably post it somewhere soon.

Back