Nate diaz training boxing

My son doesn't have powerful leg kicks either, but if I plant my lead foot on the ground and allow him to kick my leg 30-40 times, bet my ass would have problems.....

How many 1-2 combos will he eat in order to throw those 30-40 kicks?

Nate seems very relaxed and confident, like a guy who knows what Conor brings to the table...and isn't worried at all. Keep in mind that Nate already took Conor's best shots - lots of them - and was never close to being stopped. I think that sapped Conor's confidence in the first fight and it will likely be the same this time around. Conor simply doesn't have the power to stop Nate, and that really is his only chance. Nate wins the rematch by 3rd or 4th round submission.

his teeps are pretty on point, and he does throw a pretty good left high kick....... dont get me wrong he's no Edson Barboza with his kicks, but he is a better kicker than many on here give him credit for being

Yeah i like his jumping left switch kick. His front kick is more a taekwondo kick then a real teep.

I did like his final kick combo against mendes. That was two penetrating kicks. That was very nice.

seems cuck-like to follow guys to their various gyms and film them
let the man train in peace

giphy.gif

Meh all you want but it's Nate boxing that will be the difference.

fucking hell, that one-two will hurt McG again.
It's better McG stay light on his feet the whole time this time.

Kinda relevant: conor mcgregor low kicks.

I know that it's impossible to tell how he splits his training time just based on the clips his camp chooses to publish, but the time Conor spends on the roundhouse vs the spinning/jumping techniques should be something like 50:1.

A killer roundhouse is the ultimate weapon in any kick fighting format.

I agree. He is more of a slow-twitch guy, which is probably why he is so good at marathons and cycling. He's not as quick or explosive as a guy like McGregor, but he's always made up for it with conditioning and toughness.

Nate is very awkward. He throws lazy punches sometimes, that might get him hurt against a really good boxer. But it drew Conor right into that 1-2.

When a guy lays out a lazy jab, it's very tempting to counter it on it's way back in. But Conor tried to counter that lazy jab with an uppercut for some reason, and leaned right into the right.

Thats what I cant understand about the last fight. Why did Conor counter with an uppercut. Just not enough space covered and wrong direction to receive the 2.

Why always walking back in straight lines. I do think its obvious that Conor, at some point in the last years stopped training and evolving in boxing and just focused on his killer left but he cant develop the left with combinations. Only by timing and reflexes which leaves him with very few options if the reach disadvantage is that big and the other one knows how to fight long.

Conors fundamental problem is his lack of basic /advanced boxing drills. He needs lateral counters for Nates 1-2 and even better if he learned to hide his left more in combinations that anticipate Nates right. Punch with Nate (dont go back) and beat him with footwork and bodymovement. If Conor focused on that aspect and mastered it . I do think he can TKO Nate within the first 3 rounds.

Still bad technique, but he makes up for that with a lot of other qualities such as timing, stamina, range and size.

If Conor uses his superior footwork, landing a lot of leg kicks won't be difficult against Nate, and he won't take much damage doing so.

If Conor had foot work like Benson then I'd agree unequivocally. I haven't seen him use kicks in that manner... I guess we'll see come fight night...

I know that it's impossible to tell how he splits his training time just based on the clips his camp chooses to publish, but the time Conor spends on the roundhouse vs the spinning/jumping techniques should be something like 50:1.

A killer roundhouse is the ultimate weapon in any kick fighting format.

True. Thats why i wanna see how he deals with a true kicker.

Back