Nate diaz training boxing

maybe he doesn't. I'm just taking a stab at nate as well, but he will never beat excellent fighters in his division while having those exploitative weaknesses people can see a mile away. maybe conor can't beat him regardless but the LW top fighters are all killers and IMO they all beat Nate more often than not...

I can agree with that. I dont see a guy like nate ever becoming a dominant champion in the UFC.

But he is still a nightmare for a fighter like conor.

pretty cool vid. if I was nate I'd be working more on other areas of my MMA though

Pretty sure they can't fit his entire fight camp into a 2 min video. Just because this particular clip is boxing doesn't mean he's only doing boxing the whole camp.

Not that it really matters in MMA, but Nate's pad work in that video did not look very good at all. It does highlight how big of a difference there is between boxers and MMA fighters.

But if you give him some little gloves, and put most other UFC fighters in front of him, he'll box him up pretty good.

Pretty sure they can't fit his entire fight camp into a 2 min video. Just because this particular clip is boxing doesn't mean he's only doing boxing the whole camp.
I know br0

Kinda relevant: conor mcgregor low kicks.

In what way did he look bad?

I would not say he looked bad. He looked pretty good if you are looking at the video in context. He is an MMA fighter, who specializes in BJJ, and is a good boxer within his sport.

maybe he doesn't. I'm just taking a stab at nate as well, but he will never beat excellent fighters in his division while having those exploitative weaknesses people can see a mile away. maybe conor can't beat him regardless but the LW top fighters are all killers and IMO they all beat Nate more often than not...
nate beats pettis
already beat johnson
i'd have him beating fergie too
he dealt very well with cerrones muay thai

I would not say he looked bad. He looked pretty good if you are looking at the video in context. He is an MMA fighter, who specializes in BJJ, and is a good boxer within his sport.

lets see this guy roll with guys like jake shields then

His boxing is good but his style is so weird. He looks lazy in there, almost like he's punch drunk already lol. He lumbers around, not very fast... Good technique but not super tight. Iron chin, will box all day. Weird, tough guy to box with that's for sure.

Conor dont have enough powerfull low kicks to hurt diaz
My son doesn't have powerful leg kicks either, but if I plant my lead foot on the ground and allow him to kick my leg 30-40 times, bet my ass would have problems.....

My son doesn't have powerful leg kicks either, but if I plant my lead foot on the ground and allow him to kick it 30-40 times, bet my ass would have problems.....

Conor have horrible thai kicks. He will not hurt nate with low kicks.

nah man, this video was recorded before the 1st fight. this is is literally the only training Cabo Nate did for that one.

nah man, this video was recorded before the 1st fight. this is is literally the only training Cabo Nate did for that one.

I did notice he was looking a little soft so makes sense if this was before the first fight. Still though, the point remains.

Like what? Kick defense is more or less his only weakness.

TDD as well.

Yes his ground game is slick but handful of people have taken him down and controlled him.

He is too confortable in his gaurd.

His boxing is good but his style is so weird. He looks lazy in there, almost like he's punch drunk already lol. He lumbers around, not very fast... Good technique but not super tight. Iron chin, will box all day. Weird, tough guy to box with that's for sure.

I agree. He is more of a slow-twitch guy, which is probably why he is so good at marathons and cycling. He's not as quick or explosive as a guy like McGregor, but he's always made up for it with conditioning and toughness.

Nate is very awkward. He throws lazy punches sometimes, that might get him hurt against a really good boxer. But it drew Conor right into that 1-2.

When a guy lays out a lazy jab, it's very tempting to counter it on it's way back in. But Conor tried to counter that lazy jab with an uppercut for some reason, and leaned right into the right.

Back