Nate Diaz: 'I want the Matt Brown fight'

yes, please. can't think of a more intriguing matchup atm.

Watch any fight with Nate where the other fighter is stronger than a typical 155 pounder and he gets rag dolled like a little girl. Brown beats him within an inch of his life and Nick has to save him again. What a waste of time for both Matt and Nate.

matt browns #1 fan?

Yep

11-Nate-Diaz-vs.-Josh-Thomson-3-1.gif

I still think Nate could perform well at WW. Maybe never fight for the title, but he'd break the Top 10 if he committed.

Watch any fight with Nate where the other fighter is stronger than a typical 155 pounder and he gets rag dolled like a little girl. Brown beats him within an inch of his life and Nick has to save him again. What a waste of time for both Matt and Nate.

I dunno about every strong fighter ragdolling him,Maynard is a stronger than average 155 guy and Nate put a beating on him. Brown would most likely wreck him though.

Nate Diaz wins this IMO. Might go down like the Gomi fight, say what you will but Diaz isn't dumb; if he has an opportunity he'll go for the sub and he's great at it. Which has been Brown's weakness in the past.

Brown deserves a bigger fight.

So brutal that he popped up right away back to his feet and wasn't wobbly. He got beat .

He didn't pop up - doctors were checking him and he was down.

It's the very definition of a TKO.

Even his brother thought it should have been stopped and threw in the towel.

T
K
O

make the fight i guess.

I love it just as a fight. But the UFC doesn't like making fun fights. They just want to do stuff where you have to be in the weight class for good if they make it.

So Nate will have to stay at 170 which isn't a good idea.

I don't believe that's true. They've proven themselves more willing to schedule fights than most fighters have shown a willingness to step up in weight.

Regardless, they would be wise to discuss that with Nate. Why would they want someone popping up a division for a matchup he's hand picked himself, just to immediately return to the other class? While Brown is a badass in his own right, stylistically he's one of the few top welterweights Nate would likely perform well against (no wrestling, not a diverse striker).

would be a fun fight but it does nothing for brown. brown vs lombard should be next!

He didn't pop up - doctors were checking him and he was down.

It's the very definition of a TKO.

Even his brother thought it should have been stopped and threw in the towel.

T
K
O

brutal is getting ko'd like Bisping did against Hendo, I guess we have differing opinions on what brutal is.

People that are saying Brown deserves a bigger fight are wrong, it's virtually the same scenario as Brown vs Nick Diaz who was coming off 2 loses, only difference is Nate Diaz is jumping up. Nate Diaz is freakin' awesome for calling out Matt Brown.

fuck it.. i'm ok with this.. it give me a throbbing action boner.. let'em bang

Every fighter can look vulnerable at times. A lot of people thought Hendricks lost to Mike Pierce and Koscheck, Lawler has had a ton of stinkers in the past where he just didn't show up, DHK was getting beat on before catching Erick Silva, Ellenburger looked awful against Rory, Hieron and got KO'd by Kampmann. Point is that fighters aren't invincible and jut because you are top 5 doesn't mean you can't look bad or vulnerable against someone. Brown wouldn't be favored against those guys but he could certainly win.
Perhaps I misread into what you were saying but to me it was comical that you think two of the baddest dudes on the planet and toughest want the easy road. Perhaps I read it wrong. I don't see Khabib vs Nate being exciting at all, Khabib would just hold him or take him down, there wouldn't be much back and forth action.

I thought Hendricks lost to Pierce & Kos as well, those were insanely close fights though. I would hardily say that DHK was getting beat on before catching Silva. I never said they are invulnerable, I just said that I would pick those guys over Brown any day of the week because they are all bad match-ups for him. Of course Brown can win, but his chances would be extremely slim.

You definitely misread what I was saying and you're still doing it because you keep referring to two people, when I was just talking about Nate. Nate is nowhere near being one of the baddest dudes on the planet. let's just stop that right now, I can think of plenty fighters that I would put ahead of him in that category.

I think Khabib/Nate could be a fun fight, obviously Brown/Nate would be a more exciting fight, nobody is denying that.

Can't disagree with anything you said about Nate. I think its a shame he's been sitting out since he's really hit his stride lately.

Do people dislike pettis? Or is it more about supporting a "future-champ" before he was that successful?

I want to see Nate fight ASAP because the dude always brings it. I just wish he would stop with these demands and fight guys in his weight class. BTW, huge dick move by the UFC for taking him off the rankings.

I doubt there is many people that dislike Pettis, I know a lot of people are butthurt that he keeps getting injured though.

As long as Brown still gets a title shot with a win I'm all for this fight.

In other words, they want easier fights. I hear you.

You think Matt Brown is an easier fight than Khabib?

If I'm Nate, Hmm, I could fight this lightweight who will probably beat me but worse case scenario I have a few flashbacks to prom night and I will take 0 damage win or lose.

Or I could fight one of, if not the most brutal finisher at the weight class above me who win or lose will probably hurt me.

You think Matt Brown is an easier fight than Khabib?

If I'm Nate, Hmm, I could fight this lightweight who will probably beat me but worse case scenario I have a few flashbacks to prom night and I will take 0 damage win or lose.

Or I could fight one of, if not the most brutal finisher at the weight class above me who win or lose will probably hurt me.

People don't see it like that. They think it's okay to just wrestle and hold someone in a Mixed Martial Arts fight.

Definitely a lose lose for Brown, hes got too much momentum right now to fight Nate and he's better off rolling the dice in the top ten.

Honestly though I would kill to see this fight but I think Nate beats him 7/10 times.

Back