Nate Diaz: 'I want the Matt Brown fight'

Nate was TKOd 2 fights ago... brutally

Yep

11-Nate-Diaz-vs.-Josh-Thomson-3-1.gif

I still think Nate could perform well at WW. Maybe never fight for the title, but he'd break the Top 10 if he committed.

Make it happen! Nate will box him up and tap him out.

I would consider most John Fitch fights extremely boring. I just don't think Khabib belongs in the same breath as the likes of Fitch at all. He doesn't just take people down, he slams them and treats them like complete amateurs. also throws bombs on the feet in most fights too.

I hear you, and perhaps his last fight is having a greater influence on my opinion than it should. I enjoy his throws also, I just get tired of it after the first 35 in rd 1 lol.

I hope his future fights prove you right and me wrong.

How do you know? How many of them has he fought? You didn't basically challenge their man hood by saying they duck fights? How many times have you stepped in the cage against killers? Of course Khabib is a tough match up, he would just turn it into a wrestling match. I would rather see an exciting fight between two guys who go for the finish, Khabib is not that guy right now. Nate was ranked 6th before they removed him and Nick was top 5 before he "retired," so yes they are two of the best in the world. I'm sorry if you don't agree with that.

If we're talking about Brown then just look at his last fight. Dude almost got finished twice in the first by a guy that I never even considered to be a top guy unlike a lot of people on here. I picked Brown to beat Silva and he did, he didn't look all to great doing so. Guys like Hendricks, Lawler, DHK, Burger, Lombard IMO would all beat Brown and that's just the guys of the top of my head.

Who is 'they'? All I said was that Diaz wants an easier fight. He knows a guy like Khabib would take him down consistently without too much trouble and he's good enough to not get submitted. In all my years of posting I have never accused a fighter of ducking another. Stop with your strawman BS, I'm not a fighter, why even bring that up?

I agree, I would rather see an exciting fight as well and I think Khabib/Diaz would be just that. Diaz' antics in the cage alone make the fight exciting. Who is even talking about Nick? Are you fucking high bruv?

Nate is a bad ass but I would think brown has bigger fish to fry at ww

you said khabib isn't a "lame" fighter. When nate used that word, I think he was referring to people who would just try to outpoint him. Based on this I disagree with you.

And I agree his throws can be exciting....for a time. But at a certain point, I stop caring that he took the guy down for the 58th time cuz I know nothing will come of it. Not trying to shit on you or his other fans, but I just don't understand why people like him so much.

This is MMA. If he doesn't want people to out point him then he should have better TDD. I love Nate the fighter, I hate his dam personality though. He should fight more instead of constantly complaining like his brother.

People like Khabib because he's riding a nice win streak, he might not be the most exciting guy out there, but he does deliver. He dominates dudes from start to finish save for Tibau. He also has a very good chance at bearing Pettis if he works on his conditioning.

So brutal that he popped up right away back to his feet and wasn't wobbly. He got beat .

He got beaten so hard Nick threw in the towel.

edit: Note how Josh takes a victory lap while Nate doesnt pop up right away, and the towel Nick threw in on the ground.

If we're talking about Brown then just look at his last fight. Dude almost got finished twice in the first by a guy that I never even considered to be a top guy unlike a lot of people on here. I picked Brown to beat Silva and he did, he didn't look all to great doing so. Guys like Hendricks, Lawler, DHK, Burger, Lombard IMO would all beat Brown and that's just the guys of the top of my head.

Who is 'they'? All I said was that Diaz wants an easier fight. He knows a guy like Khabib would take him down consistently without too much trouble and he's good enough to not get submitted. In all my years of posting I have never accused a fighter of ducking another. Stop with your strawman BS, I'm not a fighter, why even bring that up?

I agree, I would rather see an exciting fight as well and I think Khabib/Diaz would be just that. Diaz' antics in the cage alone make the fight exciting. Who is even talking about Nick? Are you fucking high bruv?
Every fighter can look vulnerable at times. A lot of people thought Hendricks lost to Mike Pierce and Koscheck, Lawler has had a ton of stinkers in the past where he just didn't show up, DHK was getting beat on before catching Erick Silva, Ellenburger looked awful against Rory, Hieron and got KO'd by Kampmann. Point is that fighters aren't invincible and jut because you are top 5 doesn't mean you can't look bad or vulnerable against someone. Brown wouldn't be favored against those guys but he could certainly win.
Perhaps I misread into what you were saying but to me it was comical that you think two of the baddest dudes on the planet and toughest want the easy road. Perhaps I read it wrong. I don't see Khabib vs Nate being exciting at all, Khabib would just hold him or take him down, there wouldn't be much back and forth action.

This is MMA. If he doesn't want people to out point him then he should have better TDD. I love Nate the fighter, I hate his dam personality though. He should fight more instead of constantly complaining like his brother.

People like Khabib because he's riding a nice win streak, he might not be the most exciting guy out there, but he does deliver. He dominates dudes from start to finish save for Tibau. He also has a very good chance at bearing Pettis if he works on his conditioning.

Can't disagree with anything you said about Nate. I think its a shame he's been sitting out since he's really hit his stride lately.

Do people dislike pettis? Or is it more about supporting a "future-champ" before he was that successful?

He got beaten so hard Nick threw in the towel.

edit: Note how Josh takes a victory lap while Nate doesnt pop up right away, and the towel Nick threw in on the ground.

Watch any fight with Nate where the other fighter is stronger than a typical 155 pounder and he gets rag dolled like a little girl. Brown beats him within an inch of his life and Nick has to save him again. What a waste of time for both Matt and Nate.

Back