• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Nate Diaz finishes Ferguson easily in 5 rounder

Nate the "gatekeeper" can beat tony or conor on any given night and would wreck khabib or Kevin lee.

The only people to make Nate look bad have been extremely well rounded fighters like RDA, Bendo, or Thomson who are all great strikers and great offensive grapplers and who all have a variety of different weapons on the feet including leg kicks.
Tony finishes Nate.

Even Fergusons chin or cardio cant hold up Nates much better boxing and incredible volume. He would literally 1-2 Ferguson into oblivion. Let alone Conor McGregor. He would knock Ferguson stiff in first round. Tony is good fighter but his striking defence is one of the worst in UFC:
8Mmz0.gif

Nate mops the floor with overrated ass, sloppy ass Fergusson.

Better box.

Better BJJ.

Matches Fergs endurance.

Nate Diaz can barely finish a sentence, much less a top fighter. Let's be real here.

People here are forgetting, Nate Diaz also gets hit a lot. His striking defence & general pervasiveness is mediocre. Nevertheless, it'll be an interesting fight but Tony is on a different level, he'll outlast Diaz & get that UD win.

I actually find myself thinking that the most intriguing fight between those three guys is actually between Nate and Tony. Hope it happens.

Stop trying to justify a fight with Conor.

Nate isn't even top 10 these days and has pretty much lost as many fights as he's won in recent years (6-4). Tony and Khabib both beat him, as well as a number of other top guys.

I know i was only joshing, Nate is O.G. though so wouldn't count him out of any fight.

Go rewatch the Mcdonald Nate fight, a lot closer than I remember.
GTFO. I saw that fight and Rory Mac won every round by a wide margin and the rag-doll suplex tosses only added to the embarrassment for Nate.

Even Fergusons chin or cardio cant hold up Nates much better boxing and incredible volume. He would literally 1-2 Ferguson into oblivion. Let alone Conor McGregor. He would knock Ferguson stiff in first round. Tony is good fighter but his striking defence is one of the worst in UFC:
Over the last 5 years, Nate Diaz has a 3 - 3 record. Split with Conor. Impressive win over Michael Johnson. Beat a spent punch drunk Gray Maynard. Got beat down and KO'd by Josh Thomson. Got dominated in loss to RDA back when RDA was starting his climb up the rankings and could make the 155 weight comfortably with out blacking out and being drained for the fight. Not exactly steam rolling the division like Ferguson has done. Nate is a solid fighter, I put him somewhere in the top 7 to 10. Excellent cardio, boxing and BJJ. However, crappy wrestling, lacks strength/power and he has no answer for leg kicks. He has holes that can be exploited. He is very tough as shown by his beating Conor on 10 days notice. I actually didn't like the Diaz brothers much over the years, but I have to say that I was pulling for Nate during both McGregor fights so that the circus environment would leave the UFC and it could get back to being more sport and less WWE.

Nate's an overrated gatekeeper who beat an overrated McGregor.

You're just a groupie.

Nate is overrated because of the Conor win. Conor is a 2 division champ who slept the p4p #2 guy in 13 seconds. Don' be an was and call him over rated.

"Nate hangs with Andre Ward in sparring and does triathlons."

Ppl still give Conor a chance for knocking Tony out in first 2 rounds...... Even though there is a high chance he will get submit by Tony eventually.

Nate who use to start thing slow, u expect him to finish Tony?!?!?!

Haha..

It's kind of sad, actually.
I wonder if he has already suffered some kind of brain trauma.

I went to a seminar of his about 3 years ago and he was slurring his words and forgot what move he was doing in the middle of showing it.

TS, it's time to change that nick to Prettyaveragelefthand ...

I agree
The threat of Nate taking you down is pretty low.

That's why he's gatekeeper. He has good boxing but shit kickboxing, he has good Jiujitsu but shit wrestling. Neither of the Diaz Brothers even try and work on their mistakes and so they're stuck giving people the middle finger and hoping people brawl with them.
i prefer guys not falling into the trap of having to become a striker/wrestling/ground robot in order to be successful.

Sure theres thing's we say he could improve on like tdd, end of the day though nate may just be a shit wrestler and thats that.

Guys like maia, diaz bros, ortega etc etc are unique, the less striker/wrestle, ground robots the better

Back