• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

laughing at the wrong time

THEfightsAREfixed

we can do it
@Silver
Reaction score
You ever do this ? When I was young me and my older brother would look at eachother at church and then start bursting out laughing just because of how serious everyone was.

I notice that when you are in certain situations people really don't want you to be goofy and then it creates this super release when you finally get your goof on.

Is there an instance where you laughed when you should not have and it had a great effect ?

Please share. <3

When the pastor started singing at my grandmas funeral I was doing everything I could not to laugh. I can’t be serious in stuff like that, it’s too awkward, once something is supposed to be serious I always find something funny

My grandmom's funeral. Viewing was before the service and my aunt was married to a biker guy at the time. Bunch of his boys were there dressed how they always dress. The one guy's cell phone went off in the middle of the viewing, and his ringtone was Drowning Pool's "Let the bodies hit the floor" with those exact lyrics being sung. A lot of people were pissed, but I couldn't stop laughing. He felt bad about it though and apologized repeatedly, but I think my grandmom would have laughed too if she wasn't the one dead.

When I was 18 years old I was arrested on drug charges for dealing crack and during my very first arraignment, I just started busting up laughing as soon as I walked in the courtroom and sat in front of the judge
I was not trying to be a smart ass or be disrespectful, I just could not stop laughing for some reason
The judge still OR'd me that day and released me from custody

I was 21 and working retail at a big box store. The other 3 guys in the electrical department were all older guys who were either ex contractors or just retired handyman types. We got a new department head and were told to meet him for the first time in the breakroom.

We go in there and he's this wannabe ghetto 19 year old kid who tells us he knows nothing about electrical at all but he knows how to manage people and run a department and wants to lay out that he has certain expectations of us. One of the older guys just gave me this look that I can still picture to this day and I just erupted into laughter. My other coworkers started laughing their asses off and this poor kid is just sitting there kind of chuckling along with us because he didn't know what to do.

The ex contractor gets up and pats him on the shoulder and tells him to just work on making signs out of highlighter and glitter and to stay out of our way and he'll do just fine. The kid was smarter than I thought because he did exactly just that and never once tried to pretend like he had any authority over us and we all got along with him great after that.

I remember when I, and a couple other kids, had to do a presentation on a tribe of native Americans in grade school. One of the two other kids was a friend of mine, and we would always joke around, just joking about totally implausible scenarios and riffing.

One of us misspoke and said something funny during the presentation and my friend and I couldn’t stop laughing the whole way through. The third person, some girl, was so upset because it cost us our grade on that project. Worth it.

You ever do this ? When I was young me and my older brother would look at eachother at church and then start bursting out laughing just because of how serious everyone was.

I notice that when you are in certain situations people really don't want you to be goofy and then it creates this super release when you finally get your goof on.

Is there an instance where you laughed when you should not have and it had a great effect ?

Please share. <3
When I'm sitting on the toilet or the airport, reading Sherdog threads.

Not me but my dad told me about a story when he was younger.

He got on a construction job with his brother and their boss had one eye. So every time his back was turned to one of them and he was trying to talk or give directions the one behind his back would be making retarded faces with one eye closed and the one being spoken to would burst out laughing.

He ended up letting them both go saying something along the lines of 'Hey I like you guys but every time I try to talk to you, you laugh at me.'

I didn’t bust out laughing but I smirked and had to hold it in.

My friend OD’ed and me and my friends were at his funeral. His family is super Vietnamese like the mom barely speaks English. So at one point in the service I guess everyone starts singing like Vietnamese songs, and when the priest and everyone started singing it was so high pitched and funny sounding in Vietnamese that me and my friend looked at each other holding in our laughs. It was hilarious because earlier my friend was visibly crying, and I may or may not have teared up for a couple seconds too

Yes. I used to have a tic where I laughed whenever people got upset at something not cause I thought it was funny but because it made me uncomftorable and that was my natural reaction. Explaining that doesn't really make people not hate you for laughing at them though.

Reactions: HHJ
I always to tend to laugh at movie scenes that others don't find amusing. Especially when it's a horror flick. The stupid things the characters do. God.

There's a cemetery on the way to where I walk my dog every day and one morning when I drove past it was just one of those sad late winter mornings and there was this old guy presumably at his wife's grave by himself and it was the saddest thing I think I've ever seen and I just said out loud 'fuck that's sad' and for some reason that made just start laughing.

I used to work in the financial industry and I was in a business meeting with a bunch of higher ups including some of our execs. It was boring as fuck so I was either half asleep or not really paying attention, then I thought I heard someone say "donkey punch" and completely lost it in a room full of suits.

I was working at a parking booth and this car full of gangster looking guys pulled up to pay. When I handed the guy his change I accidentally hit his cigarette and the glowing ember fell into his lap.

He started yelling and jumping around in his seat as it burned him. I busted out laughing.

He finally was able to get out of the car and brush it off his lap and when he saw me laughing he told me to shut the fuck up, which only made me laugh harder.

In my head I was trying to stop laughing because I thought these guys could literally kill me right now, but the more I tried to stop, the harder I laughed.

I lucked out because apparently the guy wasn't violent, at least not on that day. He talked some shit then got back in his car and drove into the parking lot.

I was scared the whole day they were going to jump me on the way out, because I imagined all his friends teasing him about it.

Yes, thanks for asking.

Went to see Quick and the Dead at the theater during Rodeo time in Houston with a friend, ( guy's a master of laughing at the wrong time).

When that cheesedick scene with what's her face's father arrived.

And they told her to shoot the rope and ol Pa goes free.

MV5BYjNhNTUwYzUtYzU2Yy00OTk3LWI1M2QtMWVmNGJhYTc5ZmEwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyOTc5MDI5NjE@._V1_.jpg

And the Father was like, you can do it honey....

gary-sinise-2.jpg

And then he was like:
ivUrTNGKD6f22vJh9wZtOkYIHumBggu8Lmt1Eut68LY.jpg

For a few seconds it was quiet as a mouse, then:

The goon I was with started laughing and laughing, (Loud, and retarded, Think Slingblade bust'n a gut) and I started laughing, and every shit kicking redneck in the theater turned round and looked like they absolutely wanted to kill us both. It was the most fun I had watching a terrible movie up to that point. It was fuck'n-A.

I was mopping the Boots store in Gatwick Airports Village when I heard a thud behind me.

I turned around and a man was holding a baby, who looked at me with a blank but shocked expression on her face.

He was throwing her up and down and she hit her head on the ceiling by the entrance.

She instantly started screaming, everyone in the shop ran to her concerned and I just turned my head and kept mopping, doing a mutley laugh.

I was mopping the Boots store in Gatwick Airports Village when I heard a thud behind me.

I turned around and a man was holding a baby, who looked at me with a blank but shocked expression on her face.

He was throwing her up and down and she hit her head on the ceiling by the entrance.

She instantly started screaming, everyone in the shop ran to her concerned and I just turned my head and kept mopping, doing a mutley laugh.

Lol , I was in ( one of ) the Boots at Gatwick early hours of Saturday morning...

Back