NAC Commisioner: Jones wasn't supposed to be tested for recreational drugs

Jones comes back clean, but they didn't test for cocaine.

DC's comes back positive for THC.

Inexplicably, they also include Diaz's test in this release, who has tested positive for THC. Diaz v. Silva is cancelled.

Vitor fails for PEDs leading up to his fight.

Silva v. Weidman III.

Silva breaks Weidman's leg and takes the belt back.

This is the craziest scenario (within a bit of a reason) I could contemplate off the cuff.

Just add in a Jones/Silva superfight at the end with them both testing positive for coke after.

if I'm JBJ I'm absolutely livid about this test. he's gonna in for a nice settlement if he chooses to go that route.
For the sake of his sponsors he probably wants this to disappear more than he wants a highly publicized lawsuit regarding his drug use. As much as I'm sure he'd love to take the NSAC to the shed and beat their asses over this, it's likely not going to be worth it for him.

Jones was actually tested twice on Dec. 4 because, according to Bennett, his first urine sample was a bit "watery." Both tests were positive for cocaine metabolites.

Whats up with Jones "watery" urine? Seems suspicious.....

what do you not understand about he wasn't supposed to be tested for recreational drugs out of competition??? if the nsac didn't fuck up and accidentally test him there would be no issue whatsoever. so technically jones was well within his right to do as much coke as he wanted to at that period of time.

Well, he didn't have the right to do coke, don't be silly.

He did have the right to not be tested for coke though.

Then he walked around the arena huged his fans made love to the ring and got his energy from the croud the whole interview just screams cocain now that I look back

yup. thats what i think too. he was so coked up that he couldnt stay confined to the locker room and just had to go plur out.

But see, there shouldn't have been that possibility. But for the NAC's negligence, he would not have been tested for coke. The right test wouldn't have caught it. The wrong one did.

When the story seems completely fucking nuts, that's when you'll know you really understand it.

Fully disagree, its a drug test...accidentally finding out that a pro fighter uses cocaine...should not be frowned upon at all...that is what the purpose of it is.

I do not get what you mean by the right test? the right test that would continue to allow him to use hard drugs? the wrong test that ruins his image? What more important to the sport, the fans? IMO there is no wrong test when it comes to professional athletes and attempting to maintain a clean sport.

Bad luck for Jones sure...but he made the choice...and I am positive he had no idea that cocaine was not going to be tested when he took the test...they do not release that kinda information when they come a knockin.

He probably drank some water. Lol is this a serious question?

obviously trying to cheat the test, its common stuff. fighter tries to over dilute his urine to hide shit, tester goes HEY WAIT A MINUTEEE and runs the test again.

Fully disagree, its a drug test...accidentally finding out that a pro fighter uses cocaine...should not be frowned upon at all...that is what the purpose of it is.

I do not get what you mean by the right test? the right test that would continue to allow him to use hard drugs? the wrong test that ruins his image? What more important to the sport, the fans? IMO there is no wrong test when it comes to professional athletes and attempting to maintain a clean sport.

Bad luck for Jones sure...but he made the choice...and I am positive he had no idea that cocaine was not going to be tested when he took the test...they do not release that kinda information when they come a knockin.

If athlete's didn't know beforehand, they certainly know now. Party time gents!!!

No Jones 100% thought they weren't testing for recreational drugs because out of competition that's compeltely illegal!

You don't seem to understand that the AC is never supposed to test for recreational drugs out of competition and never have.

The purpose of drug tests are to find PEDs not stop fighters from having a good time on weekends.

He probably drank some water. Lol is this a serious question?

You don't get it. To invalidate a drug test because your piss is too watery, you have to be deliberately drinking a shit ton of water (or maybe taking some kind of detox product), far beyond what you'd normally be drinking.

A lot of times, the clinic administering the test will specifically tell you not to drink too much water, or else it will cause your test to fail.

WADA does not consider it a PED. No offense, but I would take their word on what is considered a PED over someone online. Just saying. Blow may make you feel and think you are doing better, but most research says that is not true.

forget about WADA...that guy clearly knows more than them.

Yeah, although I'm on the side of "AC fucked up" right now given what I've read, I still would hope that Jones did not post for cocaine (obviously he did though) and I do hope he stops using it or at least isn't addicted to it. I think no matter what happens next, the UFC looks bad and Jones' image as a role model takes another big hit.

I demand an apology for Jones, this is a travesty. Fuck the NAC

obviously trying to cheat the test, its common stuff. fighter tries to over dilute his urine to hide shit, tester goes HEY WAIT A MINUTEEE and runs the test again.

Lol yes I wrestled sometimes I drank too much water and had to pee again, other times I didn't drink enough and had to pee again.

Do you honestly think Jones thought he was going to trick a test that costs thousands of dollars by drinking an extra gallon of water? Lol that shit doesn't even work in Highschool.

Back