NAC Commisioner: Jones wasn't supposed to be tested for recreational drugs

No Jones 100% thought they weren't testing for recreational drugs because out of competition that's compeltely illegal!

You don't seem to understand that the AC is never supposed to test for recreational drugs out of competition and never have.

The purpose of drug tests are to find PEDs not stop fighters from having a good time on weekends.

i like to have a good time on the weekend with anabolic steroids.

No Jones 100% thought they weren't testing for recreational drugs because out of competition that's completely illegal!

You don't seem to understand that the AC is never supposed to test for recreational drugs out of competition and never have.

The purpose of drug tests are to find PEDs not stop fighters from having a good time on weekends.

This is the most uniformed piece of trash I have read all day. You are basing the above on an opinion you formed nothing else.

if he wasnt supposed to be tested the results and any trace of them should of been destroyed

should never of been made public

i think jon jones has a case for taking them to court

Unless he failed fight night and there going for offsetting penalties in wich case dc should sue,

But see, there shouldn't have been that possibility. But for the NAC's negligence, he would not have been tested for coke. The right test wouldn't have caught it. The wrong one did.

When the story seems completely fucking nuts, that's when you'll know you really understand it.
Then maybe the wrong test was the right test...

Fully disagree, its a drug test...accidentally finding out that a pro fighter uses cocaine...should not be frowned upon at all...that is what the purpose of it is.

I do not get what you mean by the right test? the right test that would continue to allow him to use hard drugs? the wrong test that ruins his image? What more important to the sport, the fans? IMO there is no wrong test when it comes to professional athletes and attempting to maintain a clean sport.

Bad luck for Jones sure...but he made the choice...and I am positive he had no idea that cocaine was not going to be tested when he took the test...they do not release that kinda information when they come a knockin.

Even if you're right from a moral standpoint (and that's up entirely up in the air I guess), from a legal standpoint it's not that simple. Jones agreed to certain tests and got a test that basically damaged his reputation. Even if it's a "serves him right!" type situation for some people, he was still, in essence, duped by WADA and the NSAC. As such, Jones could be entitled to sue them for that. This is a really rough example but it's like if you go to a doctor for one surgery and while you're asleep/without your consent, they operate on something else without your consent and it's something entirely cosmetic. You went in for knee surgery and left with knee surgery and a new nose.

obviously trying to cheat the test, its common stuff. fighter tries to over dilute his urine to hide shit, tester goes HEY WAIT A MINUTEEE and runs the test again.

why would he be trying to cheat a test he didn't know was being performed?? the PED portion came back clean but the recreational portion which WASNT supposed to be administered came back positive. do you know how to use any form of logic?

You don't get it. To invalidate a drug test because your piss is too watery, you have to be deliberately drinking a shit ton of water (or maybe taking some kind of detox product), far beyond what you'd normally be drinking.

A lot of times, the clinic administering the test will specifically tell you not to drink too much water, or else it will cause your test to fail.

No I 100% understand and you don't have to drink that much water for it to be diluted.

Not to mention Jones' sample wasn't even diluted both the first and second samples from Dec. 4th tested positive.

You guys sounds really uninformed like I posted to someone else in highschool wrestling they had the ability to not accept diluted samples if you think Jones was trying to trick an AC just...I mean just laugh at yourself.

if he wasnt supposed to be tested the results and any trace of them should of been destroyed

should never of been made public

i think jon jones has a case for taking them to court

And if it was ever discovered that the commission covered-up a failed drug test, they'd likely be crucified in the court of public opinion.

cocaine, like steroids, could be used to help you in training and out of your system by fight time. we want to catch the steroid cyclers too, right?

It could be, but research has pointed to the fact that it actually does not help in training. You may think you are going harder, or have more energy, but from what i have seen it is nothing but perception and not actually fact. Just from what I have gathered from reading online the last few days. before this incedent I would have never assumed someone was dumb enough to use blow to train, there are probably so many other things that would be far better.

This is the most uniformed piece of trash I have read all day. You are basing the above on an opinion you formed nothing else.

What are you talking about?

The AC NEVER tests for recreational drugs out of competition. It's a simple concept. In fact it's illegal to do so.

What the AC did to Jones was 100% illegal.

What I said is actually the opposite of an opinion it's an absolute fact that can be proven by using Google for 5-seconds

i didnt think WADA nut huggers existed? where there are nuts, there are huggers.

I don't think it has to do with nuthuggers, more of that fact that they would probably know more about what is considered a PED than you would.

Lol yes I wrestled sometimes I drank too much water and had to pee again, other times I didn't drink enough and had to pee again.

Do you honestly think Jones thought he was going to trick a test that costs thousands of dollars by drinking an extra gallon of water? Lol that shit doesn't even work in Highschool.
LOL @ "FootstompShonie"

To this day I still randomly throw around "Don't forget about those foot stomps! There ya go! Goooooood!"

why would he be trying to cheat a test he didn't know was being performed?? the PED portion came back clean but the recreational portion which WASNT supposed to be administered came back positive. do you know how to use any form of logic?

"form of logic" please, list me some "forms of logic" you dunce. cocaine is a ped, ask any crackhead.

Just the Law of the Land. Nah, I don't care, I'm high right now.

This is the argument my GF uses when she talks crap about me smoking. I'm like "So I assume that you agreed with the jim crow laws as well?" That always ends the conversation.

You guys sounds really uninformed like I posted to someone else in highschool wrestling they had the ability to not accept diluted samples if you think Jones was trying to trick an AC just...I mean just laugh at yourself.

It's not that I think he did or didn't do it on purpose, it's that it's suspicious--it raises questions and uncertainty. I'm sorry if this is difficult for you to understand.

Lol yes I wrestled sometimes I drank too much water and had to pee again, other times I didn't drink enough and had to pee again.

Do you honestly think Jones thought he was going to trick a test that costs thousands of dollars by drinking an extra gallon of water? Lol that shit doesn't even work in Highschool.

I failed my first hydration test lol. They told me I that my pee didn't have ENOUGH water. The next day I passed though. For people who dn't know, they make you take a hydration test to determine what weight class you are allowed to wrestle at. It's an attempt to stop people from doing big cuts in high-school (that's what I was told anyways)

LOL @ "FootstompShonie"

To this day I still randomly throw around "Don't forget about those foot stomps! There ya go! Goooooood!"

Lol glad someone got a laugh out of it.

I remember cracking up the first time me and my friends watched that season the whole thing was Serra at his best.

Even if you're right from a moral standpoint (and that's up entirely up in the air I guess), from a legal standpoint it's not that simple. Jones agreed to certain tests and got a test that basically damaged his reputation. Even if it's a "serves him right!" type situation for some people, he was still, in essence, duped by WADA and the NSAC. As such, Jones could be entitled to sue them for that. This is a really rough example but it's like if you go to a doctor for one surgery and while you're asleep/without your consent, they operate on something else without your consent and it's something entirely cosmetic. You went in for knee surgery and left with knee surgery and a new nose.

I may be wrong but I am pretty sure that they do not tell you what you are being tested for...why would they do that?

Back