NAC Commisioner: Jones wasn't supposed to be tested for recreational drugs

I don't know if you're kidding, but he really should.

I definitely think he has grounds to, but in terms of PR I think he just needs to take the hit on this one, do his rehab, and try to keep it as quiet in the media as possible.

So it sounds like he tried to over-hydrate to either flush the shit out of his system because he knew he'd piss dirty, or make the test fail so he'd have time to retake it.

Also interesting that they didn't test for cocaine the next time. I guess this ruins the whole theory that his second test after Dec. 4 "proves" he was clean (not that a single other test on Dec. 18 proves anything beyond that small window of time around that date anyway).

There is a street drug masking agent called test pure. If you don't use it properly it can result in a urine sample that is too deluded to test. I wonder if Jon tried to use that and didn't use it properly. I have a buddy that that happened to and they retested him a few days later. He passed naturally the second time.

More like he should count himself lucky that the NSAC is retarded

if they were not retarded, they would have tested him for cocaine during competition testing, especially since they now know that he was tested positive for it not long ago, intentional or not

That's a standard part of that test.

Did they say they hadn't and did I miss it?

political bullshit. put any other mma fighter in this position and they'd be long gone. saying cocaine isnt a PED is some bizzaro world twilight zone shit that only makes sense in UFC share holders minds.

You clearly don't understand what happened at all.

political bullshit. put any other mma fighter in this position and they'd be long gone. saying cocaine isnt a PED is some bizzaro world twilight zone shit that only makes sense in UFC share holders minds.

WADA does not consider it a PED. No offense, but I would take their word on what is considered a PED over someone online. Just saying. Blow may make you feel and think you are doing better, but most research says that is not true.

Its highly possible for him to win this lawsuit. Jones 1-0 NSAC.

If he does then without a doubt GOAT. Does cocaine, gets caught, sues, and wins. Like a boss

I definitely think he has grounds to, but in terms of PR I think he just needs to take the hit on this one, do his rehab, and try to keep it as quiet in the media as possible.

And in return when July rolls around and Jones wants licensing for that fight vs Gus/Rumble winner, it'll be an out of sight out of mind issue for the commission.

the real question is wtf kind of operation is the NSAC running? how do you accidentally test someone for recreational drugs and ruin his reputation....then just go oops our bad didn't mean to???

If he chose to use a hard drug like cocaine, knowing there is a possibility due to drug testing that he would be caught....then he ruined his own image...whatever image that might be.

I dont get the Jones love...I look at post history from most of you Jackals and you are all such hyprocrites. You hate on other fighters who failed test's but now all the sudden you are trying to state that the NSAC is to blame because the cocaine testing wasnt supposed to occur lol...madness.

I highly doubt Jones is a regular user and probably like most people around his age decided to try it...most likely while drinking a a party. I do not hold it against him, I never liked the guy to begin with, it's his personal life it's his choice, I just hope he realizes that there are children out there who can...read..shocking as it might be to him, that now think its ok to use cocaine because the UFC LHW...goat considered champ also has used it.

He might be a great athlete but he is short on IQ.

I think the craziest result will be if Jones post-fight test comes back clean, and DC's comes back positive for weed leading to him being suspended.

He was tested again post fight for both PEDs and recreational drugs. The results are still pending.

So the gap is from 18. december, to some time after the fight on January 3.?

Wouldn't it make more sense to test the day of the fight, since actual fighting seems to mess with your levels of all sorts of things, so the post fight tests are not totally indicative of the levels actually during the fight and leading up to it?

Also coke leaves your system really quickly

If he chose to use a hard drug like cocaine, knowing there is a possibility due to drug testing that he would be caught....then he ruined his own image...whatever image that might be.

I dont get the Jones love...I look at post history from most of you Jackals and you are all such hyprocrites. You hate on other fighters who failed test's but now all the sudden you are trying to state that the NSAC is to blame because the cocaine testing wasnt supposed to occur lol...madness.

I highly doubt Jones is a regular user and probably like most people around his age decided to try it...most likely while drinking a a party. I do not hold it against him, I never liked the guy to begin with, it's his personal life it's his choice, I just hope he realizes that there are children out there who can...read..shocking as it might be to him, that now think its ok to use cocaine because the UFC LHW...goat considered champ also has used it.

He might be a great athlete but he is short on IQ.

But see, there shouldn't have been that possibility. But for the NAC's negligence, he would not have been tested for coke. The right test wouldn't have caught it. The wrong one did.

When the story seems completely fucking nuts, that's when you'll know you really understand it.

conduct that undermines or puts at risk the integrity or reputation of the ufc? you don't think doing coke during a training camp and getting caught for it contravenes this?

what do you not understand about he wasn't supposed to be tested for recreational drugs out of competition??? if the nsac didn't fuck up and accidentally test him there would be no issue whatsoever. so technically jones was well within his right to do as much coke as he wanted to at that period of time.

For people asking why Diaz gets in trouble and not Jones

They also mention his post-fight test was not released yet. Would be another shitstorm if that turns out positive
This ignores the fact that cannabis can stay in your system for a month after use, while cocaine is gone within a couple days. Had that been cannabis rather than cocaine he would test possitive on the fight day test.

If he does then without a doubt GOAT. Does cocaine, gets caught, sues, and wins. Like a boss

He will win. No question.

The only defense that can be used in a defamation case like this is lack of proof of financial damage. Look it up.

The UFC will likely double or triple JBJ's compensation in order to avoid this.

Jon has become a much richer man overnight!

WADA does not consider it a PED. No offense, but I would take their word on what is considered a PED over someone online. Just saying. Blow may make you feel and think you are doing better, but most research says that is not true.

remember when weed was a PED? i think common sense will tell us which drugs are ped and which arent. cocaine is PED.

Back