My wife relapsed. Now she has pneumonia.

Brother my eyes got teared up, you know how I feel about you guys, this is hitting hard, I’m praying hard for your wife and you. This virus is no joke scary how someone can get better and then it comes right back..

Thanks so much, brother. I genuinely appreciate your concern.

The good news according to the doctor is that we caught the pneumonia early. So, he said it shouldn't be too difficult to knock it out of her system.

But this just goes to show us just how serious & unpredictable COVID-19 is. All the "it's just the flu" dudes are so certain that they'd just get the sniffles if they caught it but they have no clue what it could do to them. It affects each individual differently.
Sure, some people will just get the sniffles but others like Jana are knocked off their feet for weeks at a time. It took a young, healthy woman & basically put her completely out of commission for a month. By the time she recovers from this pneumonia, she'll have been out of work for four, maybe five weeks. She's fortunate enough to have excellent sick pay benefits at her job but other people wouldn't be so lucky. A lot of them would go broke while sick and/or lose their jobs.

I'll bet most of the "it's just the flu" dudes & anti-maskers haven't thought of that.

Jesus. I am really hoping my wife doesn’t get it. I have had to go into work so often during this whole pandemic. It’s amazing I haven’t become infected and spread it to her.

Wow that's rough, this virus is no joke.

Sorry to hear brother, thinking of you guys.

I hope your wife can pull through with no permanent damage. The worrying part of COVID 19 is everything that is unknown yet. There is no clear way to tell how any one person will be affected.

Thanks so much, brother. I genuinely appreciate your concern.

The good news according to the doctor is that we caught the pneumonia early. So, he said it shouldn't be too difficult to knock it out of her system.

But this just goes to show us just how serious & unpredictable COVID-19 is. All the "it's just the flu" dudes are so certain that they'd just get the sniffles if they caught it but they have no clue what it could do to them. It affects each individual differently.
Sure, some people will just get the sniffles but others like Jana are knocked off their feet for weeks at a time. It took a young, healthy woman & basically put her completely out of commission for a month. By the time she recovers from this pneumonia, she'll have been out of work for four, maybe five weeks. She's fortunate enough to have excellent sick pay benefits at her job but other people wouldn't be so lucky. A lot of them would go broke while sick and/or lose their jobs.

I'll bet most of the "it's just the flu" dudes & anti-maskers haven't thought of that.
Pneumonia is scary man its when some bacteria builds up in the lungs, you also have to be careful since she developed it you can get sick if she coughs near you or you touch her discarded tissues and wash her clothes always make sure to really clean your hands vigorously and avoiding picking you nose.

Im pulling for you guys man, make sure she doesn't do any strenuous activity she gots to get better brother, don't want another relapse. Her immune system was compromised for months as you said when her father passed she felt the emotional pain and it tooks its toll. She is a fighter like you man.

Im so sorry. bro. Ive read before that in several cases the virus seems to be clearing up when all of a sudden it comes back harsher, and if you can pull thru that phase then you are home safe.
Hang in there. Best wishes, my friend, good luck.

Jesus. I am really hoping my wife doesn’t get it. I have had to go into work so often during this whole pandemic. It’s amazing I haven’t become infected and spread it to her.
Its scary stuff especially in California we have the highest covid infections and its not stopping here. The only thing you can hope for is that you guys already had it without knowing and developed antibodies, just don't touch your face, or pick you nose with dirty fingers. a doctor on another medical health forum a few weeks ago said he never got sick until he picked his nose one day he was talking on the phone distracted and he felt something itch in his nose and without hesitating he picked his nose two days later he got very sick. He hasn't done that since and deals with sick people daily and never got sick again, also avoid the eyes we get those eye boogers and people tend to pick them and thats how you transfer viruses.

Im so sorry. bro. Ive read before that in several cases the virus seems to be clearing up when all of a sudden it comes back harsher, and if you can pull thru that phase then you are home safe.
Hang in there. Best wishes, my friend, good luck.
This is how it always happens, and thats why its scary, many people said they got it and then two or three days after feeling better they were hit again with slight fever and cold symptoms and its off and on.

This is how it always happens, and thats why its scary, many people said they got it and then two or three days after feeling better they were hit again with slight fever and cold symptoms and its off and on.
the fkin virus !!
i heard the Russians are planning testing a new treatment in the coming weeks …
i cant wait for this shit to end.

Everyone, please be careful out there because COVID-19 is no joke.

As the vast majority of you know my wife has been battling it for three weeks now & she'd improved a great deal. In fact, most of her symptoms had diminished & it looked like she was on the road to a complete recovery right up through late last night when her cough came back. So, our doctor had her come in this morning & when she detected a fever & listened to her lungs she diagnosed her with pneumonia. My wife had also vomited up some blood during a coughing fit so our doctor sent her to the ER to have a battery of tests done. She also got a breathing treatment while she was there.

Thankfully the tests came back negative for any internal bleeding & they got her fever down. They got her lungs a bit clearer too but they insisted that she spend the night so they can monitor her. Hopefully, if she improves enough she'll be able to come home tomorrow.
Shit man, sincerely wish you guys the best, from the heart dude, always.

sorry to hear that.. hoping for a speedy recovery

That's brutal man, I definitely hope for the best for you guys, you're without question one of the truly good people on this site.

Sorry to hear that man. Best of luck to you and your wife.

You really can't seem to catch a break at the moment. Really sorry to hear, is she on a ventilator?

Oh, no. Not at all. It's not that serious of a case of pneumonia. She just had a fever, had a cough for about 12 hours & vomited a couple of times. After which I got her in to see our doctor & she had me take her to the ER to be admitted. So we've caught it in its early stages which should help with treating it & getting her lungs cleared up.

Fingers crossed she'll be home by tomorrow.

Hope she has a speedy recovery.

Sorry to hear that man! I hope and pray everything works out and she regains full health quickly!

Everyone, please be careful out there because COVID-19 is no joke.

As the vast majority of you know my wife has been battling it for three weeks now & she'd improved a great deal. In fact, most of her symptoms had diminished & it looked like she was on the road to a complete recovery right up through late last night when her cough came back. So, our doctor had her come in this morning & when she detected a fever & listened to her lungs she diagnosed her with pneumonia. My wife had also vomited up some blood during a coughing fit so our doctor sent her to the ER to have a battery of tests done. She also got a breathing treatment while she was there.

Thankfully the tests came back negative for any internal bleeding & they got her fever down. They got her lungs a bit clearer too but they insisted that she spend the night so they can monitor her. Hopefully, if she improves enough she'll be able to come home tomorrow.
Sorry to hear that. A little advice: I had Pneumonia pretty bad and was hospitalized for 3 days when I was 26. Once I recovered I kept getting colds until someone recommended pro-biotics to me. I started taking those and I didn't get sick again for a long time. It seemed like it replenished my immune system.

Back