My UFC 155 Bets - Post Yours!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow... I was really just hoping that these ridiculously fast growing betting threads were just going to be a trend, but...

Thread was started just after lunch, and it's already up to 100 posts??

These threads are getting to be more and more impossible to keep up with. :icon_neut

>Belcher/Okami goes 3: $7.50 to win $5.17

This is a lock, most definite winning bet only second to Fitch/Shields.

Wow... I was really just hoping that these ridiculously fast growing betting threads were just going to be a trend, but...

Thread was started just after lunch, and it's already up to 100 posts??

These threads are getting to be more and more impossible to keep up with. :icon_neut

Yeah, these threads are getting more and more popular (not necessarily a bad thing though).

$345 to win $250 on JDS straight
$270 to win $200 on JDS ITD
$157.50 to win $75 on Miller
$155 to win $100 on Okami (regret making this bet so early)

About $100 in parleys involving JDS ITD, Okami, Wineland, Miller, Varner, and Boetsch.

Yeah, these threads are getting more and more popular (not necessarily a bad thing though).

Unsure-Larry-David.gif

:icon_neut

lol, always love it when an ITD line is worse than a straight bet. Cain ITD +150, Cain +155.

A lot of you guys are on Lauzon. I'm a big Lauzon fan, but I'm not seeing his route to victory here.

Anyone want to offer a little analysis on this one?

watched some fights on both of these guys, and looking at records. I think I agree with this. Miller has faced the best of the best in the division, lost to edgar, maynard, benson, and diaz, all of which are like top 5 lightweights. Miller has never been KOed, although he did get rocked in the diaz fight, but managed to recover.

Lauzon is very skilled with submissions and sweeps, he often doesnt have the TDD to stop high wrestlers like varner, but will use sweeps to either reverse or stand back up. Lauzon has decent stand up but doesnt have KO power to put miller away. Miller is also a BJJ black belt and able to defend leg locks and submissions fairly well, only getting submitted once to diaz, and that i think partly due tot he mouthpiece being out and his tounge getting trapped in the choke.

over all, Lauzon cant KO miller, and doesn`t have the stand up nor the wrestling to grind out a decision win. In Jlau`s 22 wins, all have come from stoppages and none from decision. i think only option Jlau has to win is by submission early before he starts to fade.

Miller although doesn`t have a ton of KO power, i think may be able to land a right hook and rock lauzon. he has the wrestling to take the fight to the ground and BJJ is good enough to stay out of submissions. I doubt miller will be able to submit lauzon, but KO and decision very possible.

in a pickem fight, i pick miller all day. but at +190 its hard to not go with the live dog in lauzon who always finds a way to win

A lot of you guys are on Lauzon. I'm a big Lauzon fan, but I'm not seeing his route to victory here.

Anyone want to offer a little analysis on this one?

If Lauzon's cardio problems are solved, then I think he's very live. Miller also tends to go out there and just go for it, but that costs him as well. Remember what he did against Benson and against Nate? Very exciting to watch, but very poor fight IQ. The fact is that Jim Miller is never very controlling. In fights that should be competitive, he's in close decisions. He's a justified favorite, but I'll take Lauzon very small at close to +200.

Sorry to bump, just in case anyone missed who could maybe offer some advice..?

Trying to cash out today and move over to bookmaker.

western union and moneygram are effectively the same service. i use both, but i usually use moneygram because they're in all of the acmes around here.

If Lauzon's cardio problems are solved, then I think he's very live. Miller also tends to go out there and just go for it, but that costs him as well. Remember what he did against Benson and against Nate? Very exciting to watch, but very poor fight IQ. The fact is that Jim Miller is never very controlling. In fights that should be competitive, he's in close decisions. He's a justified favorite, but I'll take Lauzon very small at close to +200.

yeah I think the key variables here are: Whether Lauzon's occasional cardio issues are a thing of the past (he gassed very bad against G Sot) but then was fine against Varner. Also he is also very aggressive so that of course plays a part in him gassing as he sometimes doesnt pace himself...though again he did seem to do this better against Varner. And with Miller it all depends on how much you make of him being injured/ill just before or during some of his fights...sick before the Benson one, and foot injury during Diaz.

Rothwell has bad wrestling and athleticism.
The only way he wins is if Gonzaga thinks he's a striker again and Rothwell gets a lucky shot.

He's not a UFC level fighter in any division but HW.

i really think you're going overboard, trying to justify your bet. and i'm not even sure i beleive that you did 2000 on gonzaga at +140. i don't even think they'd let you, you'd be limited.. i mean i get limited to $50 or $100 most of the time and i've asked repeatedly if anything can be done. opening lines like 5d's yesterday morning are usually $100 limits before line moves.

but i don't wanna get too deeply into that. rothwell doesn't have to land a "lucky" shot. he has to land a good one. he throws hard and always has. he also is a good GnP'er.. and GG has gassed more than a couple times and gotten grounded out.

in fact, let me lay some knowledge on you guys.. gonzaga has had 13 ufc fights.

taking out the jordan and scherner ones, because, let's face it, they don't hold much water right now and weren't that tough... but let's put them aside for now. in his other 11 ufc fights, he's 7-5. in all 7 wins, he won in the first round. the 3 fights that have gone to the 2nd and beyond, he's lost.

he can't go hard for long. ben goes deep into fights quite often and is very tough to put away. and ben looked great physically against schaub, totally changed.

IF you do have 2000 at +140, which i don't believe anyway, i think you're crazy not to hedge your bet.

i haven't played either side yet, but if i have +odds on rothwell after 12/29 card, i think i'm gonna take them.

Paddy has Lentz @+175 vs Nunes. Sounds good to me, thoughts?

edit: threw fiddy on, would put more if it weren't so long away.

i like the value. i am picturing that fight going 15 mins, period, and will bet a lot on DEC bet if it's not too steep. i handicap nunes at about a 3-2 favorite, give or take. heck maybe 4-3. so yea, +175 isn't bad

i really think you're going overboard, trying to justify your bet. and i'm not even sure i beleive that you did 2000 on gonzaga at +140. i don't even think they'd let you, you'd be limited.. i mean i get limited to $50 or $100 most of the time and i've asked repeatedly if anything can be done. opening lines like 5d's yesterday morning are usually $100 limits before line moves.

but i don't wanna get too deeply into that. rothwell doesn't have to land a "lucky" shot. he has to land a good one. he throws hard and always has. he also is a good GnP'er.. and GG has gassed more than a couple times and gotten grounded out.

in fact, let me lay some knowledge on you guys.. gonzaga has had 13 ufc fights.

taking out the jordan and scherner ones, because, let's face it, they don't hold much water right now and weren't that tough... but let's put them aside for now. in his other 11 ufc fights, he's 7-5. in all 7 wins, he won in the first round. the 3 fights that have gone to the 2nd and beyond, he's lost.

he can't go hard for long. ben goes deep into fights quite often and is very tough to put away. and ben looked great physically against schaub, totally changed.

IF you do have 2000 at +140, which i don't believe anyway, i think you're crazy not to hedge your bet.

i haven't played either side yet, but if i have +odds on rothwell after 12/29 card, i think i'm gonna take them.

I didn't say I have 2000 on Gonzaga. I said I'm going to bet about 2000 on him, assuming the line stays at +140. Already bet some money on him at that line, but it has moved a lot.

At 2-to-1 or whatever it is now, I'll keep it much smaller.

>Belcher/Okami goes 3: $7.50 to win $5.17

This is a lock, most definite winning bet only second to Fitch/Shields.

...no, not really. how can this be a LOCK??

belcher 4 straight finishes.. 5 of his last 6.. 10 of his last 12.. finishes. yet this is a "lock" ??

I didn't say I have 2000 on Gonzaga. I said I'm going to bet about 2000 on him, assuming the line stays at +140. Already bet some money on him at that line, but it has moved a lot.

At 2-to-1 or whatever it is now, I'll keep it much smaller.

i thought you did. and i think others thought that as well. they even asked if you were gonna hedge it, and you said it was "too good of a value".

fair enough, though.

i thought you did. and i think others thought that as well. they even asked if you were gonna hedge it, and you said it was "too good of a value".

fair enough, though.

You can't get that much money down that early, though I will say I have money on a lot of books, so I can pound the early lines everywhere.

I am not going to hedge it, but I'm also not going to bet that much on a -200 line here.
Only if it had stayed at +140.

In response to the misguided criticism that Ben Rothwell isn't a UFC calibre fighter, I'll say this much:

Gonzaga has as much athleticism as Adam Morrison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back