My UFC 155 Bets - Post Yours!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pulled the trigger on Guillard at +120. I had varner at +120 for saturday but with the odds reversed and having the X factor of Jamies health/shape on my side makes this a must play. Even if only for a small amount.

Guillard at +120 is great imo. Varner didn't look good at the weigh ins, and if he has to make the cut again (probably won't be as drastic now) in 2 weeks it probably won't be good for him.

I played Bisping at +115. I actually favor him here. Unless Vitor gets him early, I think he's in trouble. Bisping's volume and cardio will give Vitor trouble.

Bisping got caught early against Akiyama, Kang, Stann, Wanderlei and Hendo. He is a slow starter and often sloppy before he gets his rhythm going. I expect Vitor to blitz him. It's tough fight to call but I wouldn't put too much stock onto Bisping being able to dance around too well in early, I am more worried about his wrestling(I am backing Vitor).

I don't think Bisping will be able to "Unload on your face" as he nicely put it on the count down show against Stann.

Also, anyone shocked by Vitor (-125) vs. Bisping (-105) odds for the next event?
Already dropped $40 on Vitor. I may drop more later.

I'm waiting for better odds on Bisping. I think he takes a 5 round fight.

Should be able to freeroll with Varner now. Pretty happy with Guillard at +120

Yushin Okami --- 33.83 to win 58.89

Junior dos Santos --- 30.00 to win 48.18

Also, anyone shocked by Vitor (-125) vs. Bisping (-105) odds for the next event?
Already dropped $40 on Vitor. I may drop more later.

nice bets, also if you consider that the Vitor fight takes place in Brazil (something to keep in mind after the Madadi fight).

Bisping got caught early against Akiyama, Kang, Stann, Wanderlei and Hendo. He is a slow starter and often sloppy before he gets his rhythm going.

I don't think Bisping will be able to "Unload on your face" as he nicely put it on the count down show against Stann.

He may get caught early, but that's the only way I see Vitor taking it. With Bisping showing his improved wrestling, I think he may wear Vitor out as well. Keep in mind, I don't think very highly of Vitor. I see Bisping playing hard to get early, coming on stronger in the 2nd, and then unloading on Vitor's face in the third.

I played Bisping at +115. I actually favor him here. Unless Vitor gets him early, I think he's in trouble. Bisping's volume and cardio will give Vitor trouble.

Respect your opinion as I am a regular reader in this thread, but fights in Brazil are a different thought process to me. It's either a play on the Brazilian fighter or no play at all.

Record of Brazilian fighters in Brazil vs. Others is excellent. Crowd will be really behind Belfort in this one.

Respect your opinion as I am a regular reader in this thread, but fights in Brazil are a different thought process to me. It's either a play on the Brazilian fighter or no play at all.

Record of Brazilian fighters in Brazil vs. Others is excellent. Crowd will be really behind Belfort in this one.

Might lead to Belfort getting over excited and then gassing himself out.

Currently:

30 on JDS to win 22
20 on Okami to win 18

Edit
Forgot parlays of:
5 on Not Rory ITD + Not GSP in 1st + JDS to win 8ish. Got a cancelled Weidman in there, so had to calculate in my head.

5 on Lombster + Okami + Evans + Machida to win 19.35

Last edited:
He may get caught early, but that's the only way I see Vitor taking it. With Bisping showing his improved wrestling, I think he may wear Vitor out as well. Keep in mind, I don't think very highly of Vitor. I see Bisping playing hard to get early, coming on stronger in the 2nd, and then unloading on Vitor's face in the third.

This has bitten me in the ass the last two time I pulled this with Perosh and Griggs but im going for it anyways, third times a charm.

I've never been wrong in a Bisping fight, I've backed him a lot and enjoy seeing him win due to the butthurt it causes on these forums but I have a pretty good feeling about Vitor.

Im puffing my chest out here and taking a stance, feel free to say I told you so after :D

This has bitten me in the ass the last two time I pulled this with Perosh and Griggs but im going for it anyways, third times a charm.

I've never been wrong in a Bisping fight, I've backed him a lot and enjoy seeing him win due to the butthurt it causes on these forums but I have a pretty good feeling about Vitor.

Im puffing my chest out here and taking a stance, feel free to say I told you so after :D

I don't feel very strongly on it I must say. I should disclose I have Bisping with a lot of boxing favs (squash fights) that hit making the play +167. Depending on where I'm sitting at come main event time, there is always a chance I'll hedge.

Bisping's very predictable. I'm pretty sure I'm right in saying that he's won every UFC fight where he's been the favourite, and lost every fight where he's been the underdog. I love Bisping full homo, but I think he's getting ko'd here.

^You always hit your boxing matches. Help a brother out next time you see a fight you feel confident about. And you don't have to worry about me bitching if your wrong, I tail on my own risk.

Edit: Also this fight is in brazil, no? We all know the referees love to stand the non-brazilians up in no time. Belfort/Rumble MAdadi/Marcello etc. If it goes to a decision, which I don't think it will you could hope for a home town decision aswell.

I swear to God or whatever you guys believe in, but I apped my girlfriend today with:
''Honey, I'm so sorry, but I pounded someone''.
''The Gonzaga-Rothwell line''

She didn't respond until an hour later, so it ended up failing pretty badly.
Anyway, pounded that like black dudes pound Bree Olson.

Speaking of the Guillard/Varner debacle, these were placed last week, when I felt more comfortable with a non vomiting Jamie:

Waldberger + Barry + Varner: 5.00 to win 48.92
Bedford + Pyle + Poirier + Varner: 2.50 to win 12.90
Pyle + Poirier + Varner: 2.50 to win 8.23

I don't feel great about it, but i'm hoping the whole debacle makes Melvin, who is already a really emotional fighter, come out too aggressive and make a mistake. Don't know though, I hate betting in any fight for or against Melvin. I had bet big on Cerrone and nearly shit my pants when he got dropped.

So far this is my only other bets for 155:
Pearson + Lombard + Belcher + JDS: 10 to win 86.13

You taking the free money or riding it out cutie?

You taking the free money or riding it out cutie?

Does a teenager take the safe route or gamble? I'll take the latter option. Way too much value.

Please don't go full K-1 Gonzaga. He'll still win, but please don't make it competitive.

QT, I'm not really feeling the Gonzaga play.

Rothwell hasn't been tapped in 8 years. He'll have the wrestling advantage. I think he'll have the advantage in the boxing exchanges simply because Gonzaga gets rocked more easily than Rothwell. Ben is insanely resilient; Gabe is not. Gabe can possibly outpoint Ben but Gabe's footwork is very plodding and that doesn't bode well for lasting 15 minutes against a HW with decent power/good G&P.

Maybe I'm out to lunch here but I'm just not feeling confident about Gonzaga in this spot here. What are you banking on? Gonzaga controlling him in top control on the ground? He's not Cain Velasquez. He's not going to beat him up on the feet like Hunt and then G&P him... I'm not really confident about how GG wins this fight more times than not, let alone 2/3 times. What are you seeing that I'm not?

Best of luck though bro

^ Not sure about the wrestling advantage, don't forget that Rothwell got taken down repeatedly by Hunt a few months back.

Does a teenager take the safe route or gamble? I'll take the latter option. Way too much value.

Please don't go full K-1 Gonzaga. He'll still win, but please don't make it competitive.

haha, I think I'd do the same mate, Gonzaga really should win this. Good luck.

^ Don't forget that Rothwell got taken down repeatedly by Hunt a few months back.

haha, I think I'd do the same mate, Gonzaga really should win this. Good luck.

He got taken down because he was fighting at altitude, out of shape and was getting the snot beat out of him by Hunt towards the latter half of R1.

If that's the basis for the argument of Gabe being able to take down Rothwell then I think you're really reaching.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back